Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air France, KLM, and Other Partners | Flying Blue
Reload this Page >

Involuntary award flight change - agent states flight cannot be changed to rev flight

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Involuntary award flight change - agent states flight cannot be changed to rev flight

Search this Thread

Old May 12, 2018, 11:30 am
Original Poster

FB would not budge and was not willing to change our flights. I ended up canceling both flights. At least they did not charge a cancelation fee. My kids are bummed.
Old May 22, 2018, 10:43 am

Programs: KL PFL; BA Gold; A3 Silver; EY Silver; SU Silver
Originally Posted by brunos
... this is caused by a DL rescheduling and FB is not the FFP of DL..
Does it really matter? A ticketing airline is the one that holds responsibility towards the passenger in this case. Their relationships with subcontractors is none of our business.
Old May 22, 2018, 10:50 am
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K
Originally Posted by Keter
Does it really matter? A ticketing airline is the one that holds responsibility towards the passenger in this case. Their relationships with subcontractors is none of our business.
Whether it matters or not is a philosophical discussion. The fact is that all airlines operate in this manner, which is to say they don't/can't generally force award availability from partners.
Old May 22, 2018, 11:25 am

OP, do not touch the ticket or "accept" changes or anything right now.

Delta cannot touch this ticket currently because it was booked with FlyingBlue. However, they probably will be able to touch/modify this ticket within 24 hours of travel. So on christmas eve, call Delta and ask if you can be put on the later flight - if they say "same day change fees is $75" or whatever, remind them that it was due to a schedule change. You will most likely get lucky because not many people travel the day of christmas and the plane hopefully has seats.

It is highly unlikely that delta will open award space for christmas flights otherwise, so just stay put and do a same-day-change with waived fees.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.