Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Companion and Sky Priority

Search this Thread

Old Jan 9, 2018, 9:24 am

Programs: FB Plat
Weird, I was able to invite a pax to the AMS Crown lounge, while that pax without status had a Delta flight to Atlanta and I had a KLM flight to the UK. That was in March 2017.
Old Jan 9, 2018, 11:37 am

Programs: FB Gold
Last two-three years I have never had to tell my wife or daughter, even the three of us travelling together, to take the long que. Sky Priority has been extended to them each time, no matter the outstation, CDG or AMS.
Lounge access also.
Old Jan 9, 2018, 11:52 am

Originally Posted by tff
At least within FB, that is the rule:
Not according to SkyTeam:
SkyTeam Elite Plus members are welcome to invite a guest to join them in the lounge. The guest must also be travelling on a flight operated by a SkyTeam member airline, but it doesn’t need to be the same flight.

Actually I think FB is trying to say the same thing but wrote it somewhat more ambiguously.
Old Jan 16, 2018, 6:40 am

Programs: FB Platinum
At the weekend, I was booked on a Z class international flight into CDG but was handed a Y sub-class BP for the second leg (CDG-MAN in AF coded FlyBe). Despite having 'PLAT' printed on the BP for MAN, I was refused entry to the SkyPriority security lane at CDG 2E. The normal line was huge, so I scrabbled around in my wallet but couldn't find my FB card. I finally fished out my MAN 'meet and greet' parking key-return card (which handily has a black and silver design) and immediately received an apology and was ushered through with my partner (FB silver)...we had no problem getting into the lounge, fortunately.
Old Jan 17, 2018, 5:53 am

In AMS just print your bp with SkyPriority twice and hand one to your companion. Let him go through the automatic gates at security first and then follow. Works every time. Also works in BRU, OSL, CPH and BCN. And all other places where they check manually.
PeteM01 likes this.
Old Jan 17, 2018, 10:52 am

Programs: FB Silver, Hilton Diamond
Entering an airport security check using someone else's boarding pass may constitute an office or worse, and this behaviour most likely constitutes a violation of the terms & conditions of the FFP involved, and in general is just plain inconsiderate and a dick move.
Carel1 and Wunk like this.
Old Jan 17, 2018, 3:32 pm

Look, I get it, it is not the way it should work, but it does.
Is it my fault that nobody checks bp against an ID, hell you can even get on board a Shengen flight as nobody checks your ID when boarding. So, again, this is not the way it should work, but it does. And some people take advantage of this.
Old Jan 18, 2018, 4:20 am

Programs: FB Silver, Hilton Diamond
I assume you use the same reasoning for fare evasion on public transport?
Carel1 likes this.
Old Jan 18, 2018, 6:59 am

Originally Posted by MrTL
hell you can even get on board a Shengen flight as nobody checks your ID when boarding.
That depends hugely on where you are. At AMS they don't check but everywhere in France they most certainly do.
Old Jan 18, 2018, 2:08 pm

Programs: FB plat for life
Originally Posted by CyBeR
That depends hugely on where you are. At AMS they don't check but everywhere in France they most certainly do.
and if you fly out of GVA on KL they don't check but on HV they do - same DNATA handling agents - same group - different policy...
Old Jan 18, 2018, 2:31 pm

Programs: KL Plat
In GOT, AF check ID KL don't. Can't remember what SAS & LH require.

In December I assume it was a new person working on the gate, and another employee specifically told her not to check IDs for the KL flight.

I think the only time I can remember needing to show ID at boarding on a KL flight within Schengen was departing CDG. I guess it's up to the airline if they don't want to check IDs but the airport can always enforce ID checks if they so wish.
Old Jan 18, 2018, 5:25 pm

Originally Posted by mfkne
I assume you use the same reasoning for fare evasion on public transport?
I sure do!
Always work the system in your advantage, because if you don’t the system will screw you.
Old Jan 19, 2018, 6:54 am

Programs: FB Plat for Life, UAMP, BAEC, Accor ALL Platinum, Marriott silver, Hilton, Meliá silver.
Originally Posted by Solevita
I think the only time I can remember needing to show ID at boarding on a KL flight within Schengen was departing CDG. I guess it's up to the airline if they don't want to check IDs but the airport can always enforce ID checks if they so wish.
The decision lies with the authorities.

Within Schengen, the norm is "no ID checks".

In Paris, it used to be the case till the Prefecture ordered them back.

Equally, leaving France from secondary airports to Schengen countries still mean going through police passport control despite the lifting of the state of emergency (the cop I asked to said it was still in place )
Old Jan 20, 2018, 5:18 pm

Originally Posted by Solevita
KL (actually AF of course) also checks in LYS and NCE.

Originally Posted by carnarvon
The decision lies with the authorities.
Equally, leaving France from secondary airports to Schengen countries still mean going through police passport control despite the lifting of the state of emergency (the cop I asked to said it was still in place )
Interesting. I thought that would be gone by now -- there are not supposed to be border controls between Schengen countries. This sounds like it's starting to become illegal.
Old Jan 21, 2018, 8:57 am

Programs: Der 5* FTL
Interesting. I thought that would be gone by now -- there are not supposed to be border controls between Schengen countries. This sounds like it's starting to become illegal.
I've been checked last week in CDG, it didn't occur to me it could be because of the state of emergency.
This week, I wasn't checked anymore.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.