Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air France, KLM, and Other Partners | Flying Blue
Reload this Page >

Europe to West Coast- No Award Tickets Less than month out bookable

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Oct 16, 2017, 11:57 am
Original Poster

I've tried various combos of cities.
AMS-SFO
CDG-SFO

as well as other west coast cities- if I pick a date sooner than 1 month it shows no flights available- yet if I go out to november or december it will show availability. What is going on? didn't seem to have this problem when I was booking from West coast ---> Europe.
Old Oct 16, 2017, 12:18 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
I don’t think there is anything special going on apart the fact that they have sold all award tickets for the weeks to come and this is certainly the norm rather than the exception. They may open up a few more availabilities closer to departure date, but nothing sure.
Old Oct 16, 2017, 12:38 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Goldorak
I don’t think there is anything special going on apart the fact that they have sold all award tickets for the weeks to come and this is certainly the norm rather than the exception. They may open up a few more availabilities closer to departure date, but nothing sure.
No there are awards availble according to expert flyer - and like I said it shows no route served as an error. It only allows me to even see possible awards Nov 16 and beyond. Try AMS-SFO and CDG -SFO on the flying blue website- shows no route flown. Bump it out to march 2018 you see a route or go to a paid ticket it shows flights. it's glitched or something

Last edited by gadgetfreaky; Oct 16, 2017 at 12:48 pm
Old Oct 16, 2017, 12:48 pm

Originally Posted by gadgetfreaky
No there are awards availble according to expert flyer - and like I said it shows no route served as an error. It only allows me to even see possible awards Nov 16 and beyond. Try AMS-SFO on the flying blue website- NADA
If you think there is a problem with the website, call FB to book.
Old Oct 16, 2017, 3:18 pm

Programs: Flying Blue Platinum; Marriott Bonvoy Platinum; Hilton Gold
Untick the "You are looking for flights around these days." If you get "technical error" then I think the problem is with the website.
Old Oct 16, 2017, 5:05 pm

No there are awards availble according to expert flyer - and like I said it shows no route served as an error. It only allows me to even see possible awards Nov 16 and beyond. Try AMS-SFO and CDG -SFO on the flying blue website- shows no route flown. Bump it out to march 2018 you see a route or go to a paid ticket it shows flights. it's glitched or something
What's the purpose of asking about a glitch if you're convinced it is one? The chances that you find an FTer who works at the IT department of FB and is willing to tell you more about it are, really, close to zero.
Old Oct 17, 2017, 1:25 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB , BA Gold
Untick "around these days" and you will get availability similar to EF.
That's indeed a glitch
Old Oct 17, 2017, 2:58 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: KL Platinum; A3 Gold
I've tried various combos of cities.
AMS-SFO
CDG-SFO

as well as other west coast cities- if I pick a date sooner than 1 month it shows no flights available- yet if I go out to november or december it will show availability. What is going on? didn't seem to have this problem when I was booking from West coast ---> Europe.
That is simply not correct.

if you are looking for near-in availability, do NOT tick "search for flights around these dates".

if you pick a date within a month of today's date, then that type of search fails....as there is not a month around your chosen date for such a search to fully assess.

There are *plenty* of seats.
Old Oct 17, 2017, 4:15 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB , BA Gold
That's a silly bug where AF the programmer is using a fixed window rather than detecting today's date.
it is quite unpleasant for near-term bookings.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.