Search

FB carry over miles and flights

Search this Thread

Old Oct 4, 2017, 12:16 pm
Original Poster

Programs: FB Gold
FB carry over miles and flights

Hi!

In the event of having 45000 level miles and 34 flights at 31.12.2017, what is the carry over to 2018?
Old Oct 4, 2017, 12:32 pm
Moderator: Aegean Miles+Bonus

Programs: AFKL Plat, A3 Gold
I'd expect 5000 miles. That is, if the system is smart enough to realize that you qualified on miles. If it would put you down for qualification on segments, there would be no carry over. So I'd say that it should be 5K, but if it will work...not sure. No direct experience.
Old Oct 4, 2017, 12:47 pm

Assuming of course one is not Platinum (in which case no level miles are carried over), indeed 5K will be carried over.
I had 2 years in which I qualified for gold in both miles & segments and didn't have an issue.
Old Oct 5, 2017, 10:05 am

Programs: Flying Blue Plat, Accor Gold
Originally Posted by Ditto
Assuming of course one is not Platinum (in which case no level miles are carried over), indeed 5K will be carried over.
I had 2 years in which I qualified for gold in both miles & segments and didn't have an issue.
I think you mean ivory which does not have any miles roll-over right?
Old Oct 5, 2017, 11:42 am

Originally Posted by tbaiyun
No, if you have 45000 miles you can either be Plat (from previous year) or Gold.
if you are Plat you lose all those 45000 level miles at the end of the year.
Old Oct 6, 2017, 12:41 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: KL Platinum; A3 Gold
Originally Posted by tbaiyun
It is technically true that Ivory "does not have any miles roll-over" - for multiple reasons, but chiefly because it counts neither as a status level, nor is it a level that needs to be earned. (There is no mileage threshold for people to reach before being deemed Ivory. It's just the basic, raw state).

You only get rollover miles if you maintain your current status level, or reach a higher status level, and do this via the mechanism of level miles (rather than level flights/number of sectors).

If a Platinum (target:60,000 miles) ended the year with 45,000 miles, they would be awarded Gold as a soft-landing because of the fact that they didn't reach Platinum again. But a further consequence of failing to reach platinum is that they get no rollover. Even though they had fully "earned" that Gold - and exceeded the target - they are not eligible for any rollover because they are dropping in status. You have to at least stay on the same level, or go up a level, in order to be eligible for a roll-over - but you can of course maintain or go up a level via the mechanism of level flights, so for many people maintaining or increasing in status, there will be no miles rollover.

And level flights never roll over.
Old Oct 6, 2017, 5:12 am

Programs: FB Silver, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by irishguy28

If a Platinum (target:60,000 miles)
Platinum is achieved at 70.000 miles.
Old Oct 6, 2017, 7:31 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: KL Platinum; A3 Gold
Oops!

And it's 90,000 for Monaco and its neighbour

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.