Wiki Posts
Search

ORD to Europe, Europe to LAX

Search this Thread

Old Sep 13, 2017, 8:39 am
Original Poster

ORD to Europe, Europe to LAX

Hello,

We are looking at booking a flight for 2 in Buisness, departing from ORD or MSN and going to somewhere in Europe. This is our first reward booking utilizing Flying Blue. Two questions.

There is good saver availability for our dates in late December, returning in January. We are open to many capital cities, but it looks like most flights from ORD are via KLM on a 747-400 though Amsterdam/Paris. Most flights that connect to another city such as Prgaue/Vienna seem to be through Amsterdam.

Is there any other preferred non stop routing from ORD to Europe utilizing the Flying Blue program besides Paris and Amsterdam?

I priced out an award which had high fuel surcharges on AF/KLM. I believe I read that the fuel surcharges are actually lower when you book the ticket?

For our return we will be flying Paris to LAX non stop which is very close to ideal for us as we are based in San Diego.
Old Sep 13, 2017, 9:32 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: KL Platinum; A3 Gold
Originally Posted by silver02accord
Is there any other preferred non stop routing from ORD to Europe utilizing the Flying Blue program besides Paris and Amsterdam?
Air France and KLM only fly to Paris and Amsterdam, respectively, from ORD. As the only other Skyteam airline flying from ORD/MSN to Europe, you should research what direct routes Delta may operate from either airport. And then ring Flying Blue and enquire about whether they may be able to book you seats on any of these flights, if they are not offered by the online booking tool.

Originally Posted by silver02accord
I priced out an award which had high fuel surcharges on AF/KLM. I believe I read that the fuel surcharges are actually lower when you book the ticket?
Can you find the place where you read that?
It's simply not true.
Old Sep 14, 2017, 4:38 am

Programs: FB plat for life
I believe AZ flies ORD-ROM - but you may not want to risk that...
Old Sep 14, 2017, 8:06 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by irishguy28
Air France and KLM only fly to Paris and Amsterdam, respectively, from ORD. As the only other Skyteam airline flying from ORD/MSN to Europe, you should research what direct routes Delta may operate from either airport. And then ring Flying Blue and enquire about whether they may be able to book you seats on any of these flights, if they are not offered by the online booking tool.

Can you find the place where you read that?
It's simply not true.
It was on a blog, but it seems to be outdated and no longer apply. Thank you for your reply!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.