Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Mileage run suggestions please

Search this Thread

Old Feb 16, 2018, 4:06 am

Programs: *G (TK elite+), OW sapphire (QR), ST elite plus (AF). LA black
Italy (except FCO)- Buenos Aires Business Class - 1470€

currently AZ has a 18% discount promo on Business Class flights to South America from Italy. I checked MXP-EZE and VCE-EZE for a long weekend trip and with application of the 18% discount it prices out at about 1470€ - which is excellent value for the price -
mileswise as AZ Business Class credits 200% mileage.
Old Feb 17, 2018, 8:07 pm

Programs: Flying Blue Platinum
Looking to get some more flights in before end of a March and note that I could get a very decent price on some flights to Warsaw. Be catching the same plane I landed on but not sure if 50 minutes are enough? Do you have to go through immigration again at Warsaw or do the arriving passengers mix with departing passengers like at AMS?

The flight in and out would be a KLM one from/to Amsterdam.
Old Feb 18, 2018, 3:33 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
Originally Posted by Billyfergus
Looking to get some more flights in before end of a March and note that I could get a very decent price on some flights to Warsaw. Be catching the same plane I landed on but not sure if 50 minutes are enough? Do you have to go through immigration again at Warsaw or do the arriving passengers mix with departing passengers like at AMS?

You will disembark in WAW in the departing hall, so you can easily take the same plane back. And for your information, no immigration arriving in WAW from AMS (all Schengen).
Old Feb 18, 2018, 4:00 am

Programs: Flying Blue Platinum, Le ClubAccor Gold
I just booked NTE-MRS-AMS-BLL -aMS-CDG-NTE, for 311€ on 20th March.
was able to book it through delta.
6 segments so 42XP. It would keep me gold at the end of the year and maybe plat if I change for the amex plat card in november (60xp + 30xp in september when renewal my gold... would it work that way?)
Old Feb 18, 2018, 4:03 am

Originally Posted by Billyfergus

Adding to what Goldorak has correctly advised and for extra peace of mind, KLM do not use remote stands here in Warsaw even when operating with smaller aircraft so you are indeed 100% safe. You could even pop in to the lounge for a quick drink really (the lounge is 30 seconds’ walk from/to gates 25/30, that’s where KLM & Air France planes normally dock).

G
f0zzyNUE likes this.
Old Feb 18, 2018, 5:29 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
Originally Posted by AlicorporateUK

Adding to what Goldorak has correctly advised and for extra peace of mind, KLM do not use remote stands here in Warsaw even when operating with smaller aircraft so you are indeed 100% safe. You could even pop in to the lounge for a quick drink really (the lounge is 30 seconds’ walk from/to gates 25/30, that’s where KLM & Air France planes normally dock).

G
indeed, and the Fantazia lounge is very pleasant.
Old Feb 18, 2018, 5:59 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB Platinum, M&M FTL, BA Blue
Good luck to all, the clock is now ticking and I start the first of my three runs this week. I am hoping all the Alitalia segments post without any issues, as I would like the whole thing tied up before the changeover at the end of March. Last two segments will be flown on AF on 15th March.

To recap, my three runs will be to Madrid, Cagliari and Madrid. I will be in Madrid twice because of a nested ticket necessitating two trips, and I will have a further day trip to Palma nested in the second Madrid trip. Hope it all works out as planned.
Old Feb 18, 2018, 6:30 am

Programs: Flying Blue Platinum
Originally Posted by Goldorak

indeed, and the Fantazia lounge is very pleasant.
Thanks for the info. This will mean I should reach 68 segment flights before end of March to be comverted to 476 xp.

Old Feb 18, 2018, 7:08 am

Programs: *G (TK elite+), OW sapphire (QR), ST elite plus (AF). LA black
Originally Posted by Concerto
Good luck to all, the clock is now ticking and I start the first of my three runs this week. I am hoping all the Alitalia segments post without any issues, as I would like the whole thing tied up before the changeover at the end of March. Last two segments will be flown on AF on 15th March.

To recap, my three runs will be to Madrid, Cagliari and Madrid. I will be in Madrid twice because of a nested ticket necessitating two trips, and I will have a further day trip to Palma nested in the second Madrid trip. Hope it all works out as planned.
AZ flights post two days after the flight has taken place. Just make sure you don't upgrade with bid for upgrade. Because AZ puts the upgrade into an award fare bucket and you have to claim the miles.
Old Feb 18, 2018, 7:15 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Excellent tip, thanks. I will probably avoid upgrade bids in the end as I am trying to keep costs low on these mostly inessential trips.
Old Feb 19, 2018, 1:41 pm

Programs: Flying Blue Platinum, Oneworld pleb, Accors Hotel Gold
Any advice from those doing runs?

Departure Airport:
AMS, BRU, OSL
Miles needed: 15000
Required Spend or Budget:
800-1000 EUR
Available Travel Dates: August, September, December 2018
Required Metal or Codeshares okay*: any that gives me status miles
Old Feb 19, 2018, 2:14 pm

Programs: FB PFL, TK Gold, PC Platinum
Originally Posted by asian_crossfitter
Any advice from those doing runs?

Departure Airport:
AMS, BRU, OSL
Miles needed: 15000
Required Spend or Budget:
800-1000 EUR
Available Travel Dates: August, September, December 2018
Required Metal or Codeshares okay*: any that gives me status miles
Miles os XPs? After 1 April qualification is based on XPs
Old Feb 19, 2018, 3:55 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

You’re probably best looking at some longhaul business class deals to rack up the XPs at that point in time. Shorthaul running is going to be less interesting, especially domestic flights. I think new ways of getting that status will appear once the new system is well underway.
Old Feb 19, 2018, 5:26 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Concerto
Shorthaul running is going to be less interesting
It depends from your perspective and you start from. I used to qualify on miles rather than segments and mostly on long-haul business class tickets; short-haul (or rather "medium-haul" in AF terminology) used to contribute next to nothing. With the new system, even intra-European economy will make a noticeable contribution to my elite qualification. From my perspective, the beauty of the new system as far as qualification goes is that it is far less of an "either/or" system, where you qualify either on long-haul business and therefore miles or short/medium-haul economy and therefore segments (the ugly side of the new system being the low level of redeemable miles on AF/KL marketed flights).
Fabo.sk likes this.
Old Feb 19, 2018, 6:16 pm

Programs: Flying Blue Platinum, Oneworld pleb, Accors Hotel Gold
Originally Posted by toastedcafe
Miles os XPs? After 1 April qualification is based on XPs
I need to get 9 qualifying flights but probably more in terms of miles status. I just read the XP thing and I think I will need about 75XP at lesst..

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.