Wiki Posts
Search

SFO Air France/KLM Lounge Comments

Search this Thread

Old Jul 13, 2017, 12:30 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Costco Executive Member, Amazon Optimus Prime
SFO Air France/KLM Lounge Comments

We had a transatl BA flight out of SFO a week or so ago and popped into the AF/KLM lounge prior to departure. Supposedly they restrict Priority Pass visits until 1:30pm in the afternoon, and we arrived on/about that time, and were admitted. Two PP with two guests.

Flash observations

Booze - Bar was pretty extensive with real Champagne in the ice bucket and lots of low end Bordeaux to pour, along with spirits. Unattended / help yourself style.

Food - lots of sandwiches and snacks, plus a decent meatball + penne dish. Kids liked it actually. Quality and depth of choices quite good.

WiFi - pretty bad. If a businessperson was really relying on the lounge wifi its was basically unusable. We dropped back on to my ProjectFi.

Crowds - started getting busy late afternoon

Cleanliness - very good

Definitely a nice way to start the holiday jaunt! Thanks priority pass & AF/KLM for the nice venue!
Old Jul 17, 2017, 6:34 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: Flying Blue Platinum, JetBlue Mosaic, Hyatt Globalist, Alaska MVP Gold.
It's improving bit by bit, but due to frequent AF / KL flight delays don't count on PP getting you in!

Good report. It's never been a favorite of mine, but the entire concourse is dreadful so it's still the best place to go.
Old Jul 17, 2017, 6:49 am

Programs: FB Plat
Thank you for your contribution!

We actually collect that kind of informations in the Air France Lounges master thread. Could you put your report over there, following the same template as other reports?
Old Jul 17, 2017, 4:55 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
Originally Posted by Zarmakuizz
Thank you for your contribution!

We actually collect that kind of informations in the Air France Lounges master thread. Could you put your report over there, following the same template as other reports?
It would be nice indeed if OP could do this
Old Dec 18, 2017, 8:57 pm

Programs: WN A-list., Marriott Plat, National EX, UA Silver
Can this lounge be accessed when flying domestic? Does anyone have experience with accessing it with PP?
Old Dec 18, 2017, 10:16 pm

Programs: Flying Blue, Accor Le Club, Hilton HHonors, Hertz Gold Plus, Avis Preferred
The AF/KL lounge is in the international terminal and cannot be accessed when flying domestic.
Old Dec 19, 2017, 1:43 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: Flying Blue Platinum, JetBlue Mosaic, Hyatt Globalist, Alaska MVP Gold.
Originally Posted by SkyteamEP
The AF/KL lounge is in the international terminal and cannot be accessed when flying domestic.
Sure you canJetBlue flies out of International A, for instance. With PP, you can use it, but as I mentioned earlier due to frequent delays, expect the possibility of being turned away at certain hours.
Old Dec 19, 2017, 12:13 pm

Originally Posted by caliform
Sure you canJetBlue flies out of International A, for instance. With PP, you can use it, but as I mentioned earlier due to frequent delays, expect the possibility of being turned away at certain hours.
Interesting... Thanks for the reply. I will be flying on SWA. Will I need to have my passport to get into the international terminal, if I have a domestic flight?
Old Dec 20, 2017, 5:15 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by flyguy6
Interesting... Thanks for the reply. I will be flying on SWA. Will I need to have my passport to get into the international terminal, if I have a domestic flight?
Nope! If SWA departs from that terminal you just pass TSA and walk in with your PP.
Old Dec 20, 2017, 4:13 pm

Originally Posted by caliform
Nope! If SWA departs from that terminal you just pass TSA and walk in with your PP.
SWA is in Terminal 1. Can I still get into international terminal where the lounge is?
Old Dec 20, 2017, 9:26 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by flyguy6
SWA is in Terminal 1. Can I still get into international terminal where the lounge is?
Yes, but it's not easy to get back and forth between the terminals due to construction. You have to take the airtrain. And you'll have to clear security twice.

I thought I'd read somewhere that an A Terminal BP was now required to access this lounge.
Old Dec 21, 2017, 4:00 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Yeah, if you are flying out of another terminal I am nut sure if a. they will let you in and b. it is worth the hassle.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.