Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air France, KLM, and Other Partners | Flying Blue
Reload this Page >

Weird price difference between Google Flights, KLM and Air France

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old May 23, 2017, 4:24 pm
Original Poster

Programs: FB Plat

Hello there,

I am new here, so maybe you would know more about how often my situation may happen.

I searched a one-way flight from STR to LYS.

On Google Flights, it suggested an AF flight for 429€: AF1509 then AF7648 on economy. On KLM website, it said 425€ for said flight, quite accurate. On Air France website, it said 260€ instead. That is a big 40% difference.

Was I simply lucky, or is Air France yeald management really quick to react? The only flight to be "cheaper" was with Vueling(250€), so I'm glad about this price drop. However, it is weird to see such a difference while both websites are selling the same flights at usually the same prices.
Old May 25, 2017, 1:41 am

Programs: *G (TK elite+), OW sapphire (QR), ST elite plus (AF). LA black
Originally Posted by Zarmakuizz
Hello there,

I am new here, so maybe you would know more about how often my situation may happen.

I searched a one-way flight from STR to LYS.

On Google Flights, it suggested an AF flight for 429€: AF1509 then AF7648 on economy. On KLM website, it said 425€ for said flight, quite accurate. On Air France website, it said 260€ instead. That is a big 40% difference.

Was I simply lucky, or is Air France yeald management really quick to react? The only flight to be "cheaper" was with Vueling(250€), so I'm glad about this price drop. However, it is weird to see such a difference while both websites are selling the same flights at usually the same prices.
they maybe sell from different POS countries. It sometimes makes sense to check OTA from various countries for the same flights as the availability of each fare bucket can vary from country to country.
Old May 25, 2017, 9:18 am
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: AF Gold / Accor Gold / Hilton Diamond / TP Silver / A3 Gold
Yes its possible

Did you checked the booking category ? I mean the first letter

Are the AF tickets sold under the Mini prices ?

Also if these planes are AF planes , are the tickets sold by KL coded KL ?
Old May 25, 2017, 8:04 pm

Originally Posted by Zarmakuizz
...I searched a one-way flight from STR to LYS.

On Google Flights, it suggested an AF flight for 429€: AF1509 then AF7648 on economy. On KLM website, it said 425€ for said flight, quite accurate. ...
I guess you are aware that if you leave by train at about the same time from Stuttgart as AF1509, you arrive in Lyon about two hours earlier than AF7648 for a price of less than 100€!
Old May 25, 2017, 9:26 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
Originally Posted by KLouis
I guess you are aware that if you leave by train at about the same time from Stuttgart as AF1509, you arrive in Lyon about two hours earlier than AF7648 for a price of less than 100€!
train....
what an horrible concept, and so boring. This is Flyertalk
Old May 26, 2017, 3:36 am

Programs: LH SEN, AF Gold
Swiss is offering nice connecting flights via ZRH, even LH has reasonable offerings via FRA or MUC. Why going for such a long connection in CDG?

What is the downside of the train, is all the construction work in the central station of Stuttgart....
Old May 27, 2017, 12:52 am

Programs: DL Gold / AA Gold
Q:
Originally Posted by quaxpilot
What is the downside of the train
A:
Originally Posted by Goldorak
train....
what an horrible concept, and so boring. This is Flyertalk
Besides I believe a lot of people here prefer to take the longer journey just to take advantage of more miles/segment/benefits at the expense of company/client. In some case you actually help save money.
Old May 27, 2017, 3:20 am
Original Poster

Programs: FB Plat
I know that LYS airport has this horrible scamexpress shuttle to avoid, however flying with Air France or KLM was really more convenient as a whole, and the surprise discount made it a competitive option. Besides, I needed the free luggage, and wouldn't have mind KLM's 2nd free luggage, as I'll have 4 with me. They had a wonderful flight at 18h, but it was too expensive at first (650€?), then it disappeared.
Swiss would have made the ticket too expensive for a refund, joining FRA or MUC while carrying on 4 luggages would have been a pain (and around 300-350€ + 4 luggages + flixbus/train). Also, because of the current weekend, the TGV wasn't cheap either.

I just took the train from FRA airport to Stuttgart yesterday. Half the trains being delayed, my train ending up with a 2+ hours delay due to technical issue and I would get only a 50% refund over my train ticket, it wasn't the best experience to make me take trains again.

The definite killer is the lounge, better than eating biscuits or the cheapest crap sandwich to save money, I'll comfortably have 2 good meals instead.

There were no Mini price left, only Basic and Basic+. I took the Basic+ fare because of my luggages, my subclass is K.

The planes are HOP! Trips, KLM didn't display their own flight numbers and displayed the AF ones.

Thank you all for your answers!
Old May 27, 2017, 9:05 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
Originally Posted by JohnnyRockets
Besides I believe a lot of people here prefer to take the longer journey just to take advantage of more miles/segment/benefits at the expense of company/client. In some case you actually help save money.
Trains are far from being cheap nowadays.
Old May 27, 2017, 8:28 pm

Programs: DL Gold / AA Gold
Originally Posted by Goldorak
Trains are far from being cheap nowadays.
Unless you book some that are cheaper far far far in advance.
But if you want cheap, Eurolines is always there to break your back.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.