• Vietnam Airlines: only after retroclaim
  • Xiamen Airlines:
  • Wijet:
Print Wikipost

"'Normal' time miles post into FlyingBlue account

Search this Thread

Old Mar 27, 2017, 3:11 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BA GGL, A3 Gold, M&M SEN, FlyingBlue Gold, AS MVP Gold, Hilton Diamond, IHG Spire Amb
"'Normal' time miles post into FlyingBlue account

I'm nicking the idea from the Aegean board (http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/aegea...s-account.html).
Let's use this thread to list the typical time required for miles to be posted to FlyingBlue account.

Garuda Indonesia: 3 days

Last edited by wmaciej; Mar 27, 2017 at 3:20 pm
Old Mar 27, 2017, 3:25 pm

Programs: BA Gold, AF/KL Gold, Hilton Gold, Nordic Choice Gold
KLM: 2 days
Old Mar 27, 2017, 3:52 pm
Moderator: Aegean Miles+Bonus

Programs: AFKL Plat, A3 Gold
I believe having a weekend in between makes it take longer sometimes, so you will see different times per situation.

Another thing that can cause irregularities. I flew multiple segments this weekend, the first one posted after two days. The other not yet and I expect it may take a few more days. So same airline, flights on same day, but different crediting times.

One other thing I have noticed is that the last three segments or so that were credited to my FB account did not update the total number of miles, nor the number of segments flow. So the flights are credited, but the stats haven't updated for days.
Old Mar 28, 2017, 12:30 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA GGL, A3 Gold, M&M SEN, FlyingBlue Gold, AS MVP Gold, Hilton Diamond, IHG Spire Amb
Originally Posted by Xandrios
One other thing I have noticed is that the last three segments or so that were credited to my FB account did not update the total number of miles, nor the number of segments flow. So the flights are credited, but the stats haven't updated for days.
This matches my experience. My miles (actually first ever FB miles!) appeared after 3 days (Garuda flight), but the total remained at a big fat 0. Only the next day the total has updated.

I'd be curious to see what is the delay between qualifying to a new level and the effects (bonus mileage) kicking in. So imagine I have a flight which takes me to silver one day and then another flight next day. I would expect silver bonus to post along with the second set of miles, but I guess this is just my wishful thinking
Old Mar 28, 2017, 4:45 am
Moderator: Aegean Miles+Bonus

Programs: AFKL Plat, A3 Gold
I suspect that, in order to have your level upgraded, the system will first have to recognize your flight as a qualifying flight. That seems to take a few days sometimes (after the flight crediting to your profile). Until then I would not expect that you will get the benefits of the new elite level, though perhaps you can have the bonus miles retroactively corrected..

On my profile everything is still frozen; It says date of last transaction is 2017-03-23. While I have had flights posted on March 24 and 25 as well. Today it's 28 so they are at least 5 days behind so far..

[Edit] Just received an email from Flying Blue which contains the correct number of miles in my account, including the segments flown over the last few days. The KLM / FB website still shows the old number though. Something is not right with their IT..

Last edited by Xandrios; Mar 28, 2017 at 6:27 am
Old Mar 29, 2017, 12:44 am

Programs: Flying Blue, EuroBonus
Originally Posted by Xandrios
I suspect that, in order to have your level upgraded, the system will first have to recognize your flight as a qualifying flight. That seems to take a few days sometimes (after the flight crediting to your profile). Until then I would not expect that you will get the benefits of the new elite level, though perhaps you can have the bonus miles retroactively corrected..
Not sure this is true. I use AF's App, and if you use Missing Miles (My account-> Last Transaction -> See my transactions -> Missing Miles) you can get your miles only a few hours following your last flight. You may be able to get them immediately, I haven't tried trying to get my miles as soon as I have landed, but you definitely don't have to wait as much as 24 hours.
Old Mar 31, 2017, 10:17 pm

Programs: Skyteam E+ (FB PfL), Latam Black, LH MM, Iberia plus, HH: Diamond, Marriott Bonvoy: Plat
VN: FB number showing on BP, but no post after 7 days.
Retroclaim within 3h.
Old Apr 1, 2017, 10:14 pm

Programs: Flying Blue Gold
Aerolíneas Argentinas: 2/3 working days, sometimes longer if segment was flown on a weekend.
Old Apr 3, 2017, 12:51 am

KL Rail segments (eg. ZYR to AMS): approx. 7 days.
Old Apr 3, 2017, 8:46 pm

Programs: Flying Blue Platinum, BAEC Silver, Hilton Honors Diamond, IHG Diamond, Marriott Tit, Accor Plat
Saudia: less than 24 hours
Old Apr 10, 2017, 2:35 am

KE and JL: had to retroclaim.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.