Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air France, KLM, and Other Partners | Flying Blue
Reload this Page >

Air Europa lounge access and fast track with domestic flights

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Nov 21, 2016, 12:29 pm
Original Poster

Programs: FB Plat for Life, UAMP, BAEC, Accor ALL Platinum, Marriott silver, Hilton, Meliá silver.

Hi all.

Just flew MAD/LIS and as expected, had both fast track and lounge access.

I am flying MAD/AGP on Wednesday and just in case I enquired with the lady at check in desk about both, expecting a negative response.

To my surprise, she told me I had access to both.

I repeated my question, insisting on the fact that it was a domestic flight, but she confirmed.

Happy, happy...

Now have just OLCI and my BP says Skypriority only. No VIP printed above, contrary to on the BP for LIS.

So, am questioning the lady's answer.

Does anyone have a recent experience about fast track and lounge access for domestic UX flights?
Old Nov 21, 2016, 2:14 pm

Programs: Flying Blue Plat, Air Europa Silver, IHG Plat, Accor Plat
Originally Posted by carnarvon
Hi all.

Just flew MAD/LIS and as expected, had both fast track and lounge access.

I am flying MAD/AGP on Wednesday and just in case I enquired with the lady at check in desk about both, expecting a negative response.

To my surprise, she told me I had access to both.

I repeated my question, insisting on the fact that it was a domestic flight, but she confirmed.

Happy, happy...

Now have just OLCI and my BP says Skypriority only. No VIP printed above, contrary to on the BP for LIS.

So, am questioning the lady's answer.

Does anyone have a recent experience about fast track and lounge access for domestic UX flights?
If it's in J or if you upgrade the ticket to J, definitely lounge and fast track.
My most recent experience was BCN-MAD a few months ago and I don't remember fast track or lounge being included...but i was in a hurry on both flights so may have skipped it.
Old Nov 22, 2016, 12:33 am
Original Poster

Programs: FB Plat for Life, UAMP, BAEC, Accor ALL Platinum, Marriott silver, Hilton, Meliá silver.
Originally Posted by HalconBCN
If it's in J or if you upgrade the ticket to J, definitely lounge and fast track.
My most recent experience was BCN-MAD a few months ago and I don't remember fast track or lounge being included...but i was in a hurry on both flights so may have skipped it.
It is not in biz.

Out of curiosity, may I know why you didn't try to use fast track if you were in a hurry?

Last edited by carnarvon; Nov 22, 2016 at 12:48 am
Old Nov 22, 2016, 1:22 am

It is not in biz.

Out of curiosity, may I know why you didn't try to use fast track if you were in a hurry?
I was with 3 friends who don't have status on Skyteam. There is a dragon guarding the fast-track lane and it is very strictly controlled!
Old Nov 22, 2016, 1:50 am

Update: I just asked in the lounge in BCN and the answer came back clearly; with Air Europa domestic it needs to be an international connection or a J ticket.
Of course, it's always worth asking again in MAD... this is Spain so nobody would be surprised to see policies applied inconsistently. Failing that, you can pay €26 to enter the lounge in MAD, which is not a bad deal if you are hungry!
Old Nov 22, 2016, 2:09 am
Original Poster

Update: I just asked in the lounge in BCN and the answer came back clearly; with Air Europa domestic it needs to be an international connection or a J ticket.
Of course, it's always worth asking again in MAD... this is Spain so nobody would be surprised to see policies applied inconsistently. Failing that, you can pay €26 to enter the lounge in MAD, which is not a bad deal if you are hungry!
Thank you.

You are confirming my initial thought about the lounge access.

Any idea about Fast Track?

If I don't know in advance, I need to allow enough time for the general public line and without lounge access I will be stuck for a long time in the terminal in case I do get through fast track.

I think fast track access is what the lady meant when she answered me, because she is located right next to the VIP access, so she would notice if people were turned back.
Old Nov 22, 2016, 3:15 am

Thank you.

You are confirming my initial thought about the lounge access.

Any idea about Fast Track?

If I don't know in advance, I need to allow enough time for the general public line and without lounge access I will be stuck for a long time in the terminal in case I do get through fast track.

I think fast track access is what the lady meant when she answered me, because she is located right next to the VIP access, so she would notice if people were turned back.
That is probably it: your request may have been lost in translation. In MAD figure on a wait of about 10 minutes if you go through regular security; not too long. In the fast-track line, very fast if you can use it 😎
But I have seen so many people turned away, so it seems to be strictly controlled, which is great when you can use it!
Old Nov 23, 2016, 4:22 am
Original Poster

Final result

That is probably it: your request may have been lost in translation. In MAD figure on a wait of about 10 minutes if you go through regular security; not too long. In the fast-track line, very fast if you can use it 😎
But I have seen so many people turned away, so it seems to be strictly controlled, which is great when you can use it!

Today in MAD:

- allowed fast-track without issue. In fact "Skypriority" is well posted next to VIP sign.

- not allowed into lounge, because the flight is domesric.

Therefore, nothing new regarding lounge access.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.