Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Award Booking: AF Website Not Finding Entire Routing

Search this Thread

Old Nov 5, 2016, 9:44 am
Original Poster

Award Booking: AF Website Not Finding Entire Routing

I am trying to book a flight from DFW-OTP. When I do this, nothing is returned. If I search for separate legs: DFW-AMS and AMS-OTP I see availability on both. DFW-MSP-AMS is on DL and AMS-OTP on KLM (multiple options available).

Does the AF website have difficulties returning more than 1 stop? If I call and feed them the segments will they price it at 25K for Y? Or will they bill as two awards (DFW-AMS @ 25K and AMS-OTP @ 12.5K)?

I know I could call, but I don't have miles in yet and would prefer to avoid 2 phone calls. And frankly, FT always knows more than the phone agents.

Thank you!
Old Nov 5, 2016, 11:32 am

Programs: BA KL LH Hilton Marriott
Out of interest I tried the same via klm.com and received similar results. Being AMS based I never try to search for flights originating elsewhere; this surprised me.
Old Nov 5, 2016, 5:20 pm

Programs: FB Plat, IHG RA Spire, TK Elite+, HH Diamond, LH SEN, Marriott Titanium
You could try asking via twitter instead of calling?
Old Nov 5, 2016, 11:17 pm

Programs: FB LTPE, BAEC GGL, EK Blue, SK Gold, Marriott Amb+LTT, IHG Diamond Amb, Accorhotels Silver
Originally Posted by flyfaraway
I am trying to book a flight from DFW-OTP. When I do this, nothing is returned. If I search for separate legs: DFW-AMS and AMS-OTP I see availability on both. DFW-MSP-AMS is on DL and AMS-OTP on KLM (multiple options available).

Does the AF website have difficulties returning more than 1 stop? If I call and feed them the segments will they price it at 25K for Y? Or will they bill as two awards (DFW-AMS @ 25K and AMS-OTP @ 12.5K)?

I know I could call, but I don't have miles in yet and would prefer to avoid 2 phone calls. And frankly, FT always knows more than the phone agents.

Thank you!
Normally, it is the same Europe zone, so the AMS-OTP is virtually "Free" in miles but not in taxes. However, I am not quite sure that you can book online awards that have more than 2 segments with different airlines.
Calling or twitting is the best option to know.
Old Nov 6, 2016, 8:00 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by olivedel
Normally, it is the same Europe zone, so the AMS-OTP is virtually "Free" in miles but not in taxes. However, I am not quite sure that you can book online awards that have more than 2 segments with different airlines.
Calling or twitting is the best option to know.
Thank you all! I appreciate the twitter suggestion and will try that first.

Oddly enough, the return is 2 carriers and pulls up, but doesn't include KLM.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.