Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air France, KLM, and Other Partners | Flying Blue
Reload this Page >

Lay over in CDG - Petroleum Blue - Am i eligible for lounge access?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old May 5, 2016, 7:24 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Petroleum blue

I'm going to be travelling through CDG on May 11th. I'll be flying in with Air France and flying out with Air Canada. I have a Petroleum Blue card and i know that it gives me access to the Pullman lounge but i was wondering if i'm still going to be eligible since i'm flying with two different airlines - one KLM and one not. Any info?
Old May 6, 2016, 1:27 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: KL Platinum; A3 Gold
Air Canada uses terminal 2A at CDG, which is used by non-Skyteam airlines.

There is no Air France/Skyteam lounge that you can physically access, so your question is moot.

However, normal FB/Skyteam lounge access rules require that you are departing on an international Skyteam flight in order to be able to access a Skyteam lounge - so I don't think you would get lounge access even for having arrived on an AF/KL flight [unless you were to attempt to access the Air France arrivals lounge, which is landside and in a different terminal, and which probably requires you to have arrived on a long-haul flight [at the very least; further access restrictions may apply to you] and may only be open in the morning or until sometime in the early afternoon]

Also, the FB Petroleum info online says:

Originally Posted by FB
When connecting between 2 flights provided by AIR FRANCE and/or KLM flights at
Paris-Charles de Gaulle or Amsterdam-Schiphol
, you have access to:

the Flying Blue Petroleum private lounge at the Pullman Paris-Charles de Gaulle Airport hotel
the KLM Crown lounge at Amsterdam-Schiphol before your departure if your 2nd flight is departing the following day
As far as AFKL is concerned, you are not on a layover, and you are not connecting. CDG is your final destination.

Last edited by irishguy28; May 6, 2016 at 1:33 am
Old May 6, 2016, 2:08 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by irishguy28
Air Canada uses terminal 2A at CDG, which is used by non-Skyteam airlines.

There is no Air France/Skyteam lounge that you can physically access, so your question is moot.

However, normal FB/Skyteam lounge access rules require that you are departing on an international Skyteam flight in order to be able to access a Skyteam lounge - so I don't think you would get lounge access even for having arrived on an AF/KL flight [unless you were to attempt to access the Air France arrivals lounge, which is landside and in a different terminal, and which probably requires you to have arrived on a long-haul flight [at the very least; further access restrictions may apply to you] and may only be open in the morning or until sometime in the early afternoon]

Also, the FB Petroleum info online says:

As far as AFKL is concerned, you are not on a layover, and you are not connecting. CDG is your final destination.
IIRC Petroleum cards don't get regular lounge access but rather facilities at a hotel, so the point about not having access to the regular AF lounges doesn't matter.
Old May 6, 2016, 2:18 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: KL Platinum; A3 Gold
Correct!
Old May 6, 2016, 2:59 am
Original Poster

Programs: Petroleum blue
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
IIRC Petroleum cards don't get regular lounge access but rather facilities at a hotel, so the point about not having access to the regular AF lounges doesn't matter.
Thanks for that. Do you know if there are stipulations to access the hotel facilities? I actually don't care about 'lounging' i'm basically just going to need a shower after 30 hours of travel and no sleep from Congo. I just didn't know if i could get any benefits since i'm not connecting to a KLM flight.
Old May 6, 2016, 6:48 am

Programs: FB Plat for life, FB PC, M&M FT, Hertz President (+ many low tier cards)
Originally Posted by thelittlewildone
Thanks for that. Do you know if there are stipulations to access the hotel facilities? I actually don't care about 'lounging' i'm basically just going to need a shower after 30 hours of travel and no sleep from Congo. I just didn't know if i could get any benefits since i'm not connecting to a KLM flight.
Sorry but the same applies for hotel facilities. You need to arrive and connect on AF or KL.
It's always possible to find a day-rate deal yourself at a CDG hotel.
Old May 6, 2016, 3:13 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
You might be interested by this new offer from Accorhotels for FB members
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/accor...rs-others.html

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.