Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jul 28, 2021, 7:32 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Coder33
Wiki for Mileage/XP Runs
Indicate below your itinerary, availability dates, price and XP. Please only log runs with confirmed fares availability. Feel free to tag yourself if you want to meet fellow FTers.
Eg:
MXP-CDG-AMS-KRK-AMS-CDG-MXP in J, 2021-01-01/02, 570 €, 180 XP
HEL-AMS-LAX-AMS-HEL in J, 2022-08-16/18, 1059 €, 204 XP (@XXXFlyer arriving at 11:50 AM, leaving at 06:00 AM)

Upcoming runs:
MXP-CDG-AMS-KRK in J on 2022/07/21-22, 380€ - 45XP (8,44€/XP) : one way

Past runs:
For future reference, log below your most interesting XP runs:

KRK-AMS-CDG-BCN-AMS-CDG-KRK, 2021-07-22/24, 576 €, 180 XP
ATH-CDG-AMS-KRK-AMS-CDG-ATH in J, 2021-09-18/19, 561€
KRK-AMS-CDG-LIS-CDG-AMS-KRK, 2021-07-22/28, 492 € 180 XP
NTE-CDG-AMS-LIS-CDG-LYS-NTE, 2021-09-25/26, 157 €/42XP
Print Wikipost

Mileage runs for Flying Blue - best routes?

Search this Thread

Old May 31, 2021, 11:41 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by f0zzyNUE
for the customer - isn’t the restructuring only a change of the brand name?
No. The EU Commission has insisted on discontinuity between the old company and the new one, including not having access to the client base nor to FF programme data. The brand name may in fact be one of the things that the new company takes over (but they will have to buy it as it will be tendered off). What will happen to bookings made with the old Alitalia after the switch is not yet entirely clear. Personally, there are too many unknowns about the switch for me to be comfortable at the moment.
Old Jun 20, 2021, 11:19 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB Platinum, M&M FTL, BA Blue
Are there any double transfer mileage run routes to get excited about at the moment? By this, I mean European itineraries that transfer both CDG and AMS on the way to and from the destination. I would be up for doing something during the summer months but I'm still not sure how complicated the transfers will be with the need for tests at each point, despite being vaccinated. Later on, in the autumn, a couple of essential trips to Germany and back will earn 120 XPs each, with a single transfer.

ETA- I found KRK-OPO in August for €511 with the 2 transfers, which works out at €2.84 or something per XP, when you factor in the double XPs.

Last edited by Concerto; Jun 20, 2021 at 11:29 am
Old Jun 20, 2021, 12:18 pm

Programs: AF Plat Ultimate, BA GGL, MS Elite
Originally Posted by Concerto
Are there any double transfer mileage run routes to get excited about at the moment? By this, I mean European itineraries that transfer both CDG and AMS on the way to and from the destination. I would be up for doing something during the summer months but I'm still not sure how complicated the transfers will be with the need for tests at each point, despite being vaccinated. Later on, in the autumn, a couple of essential trips to Germany and back will earn 120 XPs each, with a single transfer.

ETA- I found KRK-OPO in August for €511 with the 2 transfers, which works out at €2.84 or something per XP, when you factor in the double XPs.
Since you are based in CH:
BSL-KRK : OTA at 520e or with AF : 580e.
At least no need to fly elsewhere to catch the deal.
Old Jun 20, 2021, 1:03 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Thanks... just thinking I could nest two of these trips, with the second starting Krakow to Oporto and back! Couldn't find anything for Linköping so presumably that deal is off.
Old Jun 20, 2021, 1:45 pm

Bsl krk 75x2 XP August 572euros
Also in October 530 euros
Both on af
Old Jun 20, 2021, 2:54 pm

Programs: Flying Blue, Diamond Club
Out of curiosity, anything interesting from BCN ?
Old Jun 20, 2021, 3:01 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Wil973
Bsl krk 75x2 XP August 572euros
Also in October 530 euros
Both on af
Presumably these have one transfer in one direction and two in the other (in order to arrive at 150XPs). These days, I am inclined to book directly with AF and forget OTAs.

Originally Posted by flying_blue_white_red
Didn't look, scrolled back and found the KRK-OPO one mentioned back in March. The others that stick in my mind are Italy to Humberside or LBA, and also that Linköping one. And another earlier trick was to tag on flights to that 5th freedom LATAM flight between FRA and MAD, now gone. Traditionally, I think BCN wasn't that great for MRs but it might be worth re investigating.
Old Jun 20, 2021, 10:01 pm

Programs: Flying Blue Platinum
ATH-KRK available this summer (only early July for now) on weekends with double stopovers for €562.

Yields 180 XP @ 3.12/XP
Old Jun 20, 2021, 10:04 pm

Programs: Flying Blue Platinum
Originally Posted by flying_blue_white_red
BCN-KRK @ €561

Old Jun 20, 2021, 11:42 pm

Programs: FlyingBlue
Playing with Google Flights and some major EU cities in July, it seems that the KRK route, whatever the origin, triggers the interesting double-layover.
Last year, other capitals like PRG and ARN could do it if memory serves me well... Have you guys found anything other than KRK for this summer?

Coming from France, the origin doesn't matter much as a good XP run requires pre-positioning anyway
Old Jun 21, 2021, 12:33 am

Programs: Flying Blue Platinum, Le ClubAccor Gold
Originally Posted by maalloc
Playing with Google Flights and some major EU cities in July, it seems that the KRK route, whatever the origin, triggers the interesting double-layover.
Last year, other capitals like PRG and ARN could do it if memory serves me well... Have you guys found anything other than KRK for this summer?

Coming from France, the origin doesn't matter much as a good XP run requires pre-positioning anyway
If you are based in LYS, i was able to find some GVA-KRK which reduce the cost of positioning.

Out of BCN, there was the AM fare to SCL but i am not sure it is still possible to get AF-coded flights.
maalloc likes this.
Old Jun 21, 2021, 12:42 am

Programs: AF/KLM Platinum Ultimate, VA Velocity Platinum, ALL Platinum
For the more adventurous people out there, you can get double connections from many european cities to TLV for around 750 (probably less with an OTA). Not sure if anyone can get in at the moment but can be quite an interesting trip.

The catch is the flight to TLV is on a KL 737. Just pray you don't get the ones equipped with ironing boards... I mean with the newly "enhanced" seats
johan rebel, Solevita and maalloc like this.
Old Jun 21, 2021, 1:19 am

Programs: FlyingBlue
Digicola that's true, we need to account for entry rules too. I assume everybody here considering XP runs is fully vaccinated, most of us probably with EU citizenship too.

canadavid I'm actually in the middle of LYS and GVA, so I could travel from both. Truth to be told through, I haven't flown out of GVA since Covid started : didn't want to add the headache of entering/leaving Switzerland for 1h on top of already head-scratching travel rules to final destination & layovers. I'm not even sure whether GVA entry rules are smoother for vaccinated EU travellers these days. Were Chile not in France red list, that would be a wonderful XP run - way more exotic than a 24h turnaround in Central Europe.
Old Jun 21, 2021, 3:48 am

Programs: Flying Blue Platinum, Le ClubAccor Gold
Originally Posted by maalloc

canadavid I'm actually in the middle of LYS and GVA, so I could travel from both. Truth to be told through, I haven't flown out of GVA since Covid started : didn't want to add the headache of entering/leaving Switzerland for 1h on top of already head-scratching travel rules to final destination & layovers. I'm not even sure whether GVA entry rules are smoother for vaccinated EU travellers these days. Were Chile not in France red list, that would be a wonderful XP run - way more exotic than a 24h turnaround in Central Europe.
You will not have to enter switzeland as your routing will most probably be GVA-CDG-AMS-XXX and back. It starts from french sector.
Unless you have to go through switzerland to get to the airport ?

For chile, it is indeed in the red list. I was more thinking of such a trip for november rather than early july.
Old Jun 21, 2021, 4:47 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

You can indeed reach the French sector of the airport from just outside the douane in Ferney-Voltaire. Not sure if any bus goes down the access road, so it might be a short taxi ride from Ferney (assuming you find a place to leave your car in Ferney). The other option is a one way car rental.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.