Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jul 28, 2021, 7:32 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Coder33
Wiki for Mileage/XP Runs
Indicate below your itinerary, availability dates, price and XP. Please only log runs with confirmed fares availability. Feel free to tag yourself if you want to meet fellow FTers.
Eg:
MXP-CDG-AMS-KRK-AMS-CDG-MXP in J, 2021-01-01/02, 570 €, 180 XP
HEL-AMS-LAX-AMS-HEL in J, 2022-08-16/18, 1059 €, 204 XP (@XXXFlyer arriving at 11:50 AM, leaving at 06:00 AM)

Upcoming runs:
MXP-CDG-AMS-KRK in J on 2022/07/21-22, 380€ - 45XP (8,44€/XP) : one way

Past runs:
For future reference, log below your most interesting XP runs:

KRK-AMS-CDG-BCN-AMS-CDG-KRK, 2021-07-22/24, 576 €, 180 XP
ATH-CDG-AMS-KRK-AMS-CDG-ATH in J, 2021-09-18/19, 561€
KRK-AMS-CDG-LIS-CDG-AMS-KRK, 2021-07-22/28, 492 € 180 XP
NTE-CDG-AMS-LIS-CDG-LYS-NTE, 2021-09-25/26, 157 €/42XP
Print Wikipost

Mileage runs for Flying Blue - best routes?

Search this Thread

Old Sep 24, 2022, 10:10 am

Programs: Flying Blue
Originally Posted by Ouray
Thx.
We know they could also acquire 15 XP by opening a "free" FB Silver AMEX CC with Dutch address/bank account (or 30XP for their gold CC €85).
Because similar AMEX offers are being offered in other European countries, and 100 XP for those with an American address/bank account thru Bank of America's Mastercard...I'm wondering whether anybody has successfully combined CC offers awarding annual XP points.
Q1: Does AMEX NL allow an individual have multiple FB CC (eg, a platinum and a silver) thereby crediting multiple annual XP bonuses to the same FB account?
Q2: Does FB allow an individual (with multiple residences) to receive multiple annual XP bonuses from CCs issued to that individual in various countries. (eg, American BofA KLAF CC and AMEX NL FB Platinum CC).
Perhaps I'm misreading your intention - but is it possible to get an AMEX in a country where I'm not currently residing? If yes - how?
Old Sep 24, 2022, 2:21 pm

Typically, you'll have to have both a bank account and an address in the country to open cc...
Old Sep 25, 2022, 4:06 am
Moderator: Aegean Miles+Bonus

Programs: AFKL Plat, A3 Gold
This applies to the Dutch Amex as well. As part of the sign up your details (Dutch address) are verified through the use of an electronic verification-check with your (Dutch) bank. You can avoid this check by providing a power or phone bill that's in your name and registered to the (Dutch) address that you are using to sign up with.
Old Sep 26, 2022, 8:30 am

Programs: Der 5* FTL
To simplify, you have to have an established residence in this country, but it need not necessarily be your primary residence.
Old Sep 26, 2022, 9:52 am

Forgot I even had an account on Flyertalk, but anyway, I'm doing Cork - Amsterdam - Brussels soon. It did have only a 90minute layover which was reasonable, but is now 2hrs. Ah well.

But this gets you 10XP in Economy as both are classes as Medium, even though the Amsterdam - Brussels leg often gets done in only 21 minutes. Perhaps Brussels - Amsterdam (less security issues?) would do people nicely.
Old Sep 27, 2022, 1:50 am

AMS-BRU is nice timewise but rarely results in good prices.
Old Sep 27, 2022, 1:57 am

Programs: FlyingBlue
Originally Posted by Fabo.sk
With 18C/36C in maintenance, you get the change to fly a leg on which the taxi time to Polderbaan is actually longer than the flight time.
That's worth every penny !
AurelAF96 and b12e like this.
Old Sep 27, 2022, 3:47 am

Originally Posted by Fabo.sk
Well, it can be cheaper than AMS-XXX, if you book it as BRU-AMS-XXX. Sometimes by 20-30 euro which is not worth the extra hassle, sometimes by a lot more.
Old Sep 27, 2022, 4:27 am

Originally Posted by jerry_greece
Well, it can be cheaper than AMS-XXX, if you book it as BRU-AMS-XXX. Sometimes by 20-30 euro which is not worth the extra hassle, sometimes by a lot more.
Yes, but if you book DUS-AMS-XXX it's usually even less.

So, given that there are direct IC trains between AMS and BRU airport for ~60-70 EUR r/t it can often be useful for general hidden city arbitrage, but usually for purely chasing XP there are better options.
jerry_greece likes this.
Old Sep 28, 2022, 11:57 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB Platinum, M&M FTL, BA Blue
I was just studying the offer for PMI-CDG-TRN in Business class on AF, operated by A5. It seems to disappear after the change into winter timetable at the end of October, with very high prices from that point onward. The itinerary then includes a connection through BCN with AirEuropa and then onto AF via CDG to TRN. That would appear to be due to the fact that AF is suspending their flight to Palma da Mallorca during the winter months, and I couldn't see any sign of it coming back at the start of the summer timetable next year.

So, for anybody who is still interested in this offer, there is a very limited window of opportunity before the end of the summer timetable. In fact, I have found only one possible round trip at the moment, and that is from 2nd to 10th October, starting at PMI, so starting this Sunday. It is €93 in each direction, making it a total of €186. Watch out, because it books into O-class, so that means you can collect miles and XPs ONLY with Flying Blue, because O-class doesn't credit to other programs.
Old Sep 28, 2022, 2:30 pm

Programs: Flying Blue Plat, Eurobonus Silver, ALL Gold
I am impressed that the fare is still on!

I am packing for my Ryanair flight tomorrow which will take me to PMI. Any recommendations in Palma for food/sights please shout as I will be staying 2 nights on the return!
Old Sep 28, 2022, 2:43 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

You can't go wrong in Palma (well, you could, but I'm sure you're smart enough to stay on the right trail), you can end up dancing on the tables all night long in numerous places. I believe since Covid that there have been quite a few changes, but before all that I had excellent low cost lunch menus in Celler de sa Prends, a Mallorcan restaurant beside a park which has a large underground parking lot. You can also get lucky with aperitif time with drinks and tapas in the less touristy bars.

So, are you really doing the Palma to Turin run?
Maestro Ramen likes this.
Old Sep 28, 2022, 3:17 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Well, I found something exciting, for all of us!! But I am going to wait until tomorrow before posting details, just to avoid making a complete mess of it. You're all going to be running after this one !!!

All I can say is, I hope I meet some of you on this one!!

Last edited by Concerto; Sep 28, 2022 at 3:25 pm Reason: typo
Old Sep 28, 2022, 4:38 pm

I think last window of opportunity would be 21-23/October clocking at 226 euro (from AF website). Next weekend (and last for the CDG-PMI flight) is already at 700+ euro.
Old Sep 29, 2022, 11:00 am
Moderator: Aegean Miles+Bonus

Programs: AFKL Plat, A3 Gold
Originally Posted by Concerto
Well, I found something exciting, for all of us!! But I am going to wait until tomorrow before posting details, just to avoid making a complete mess of it. You're all going to be running after this one !!!

All I can say is, I hope I meet some of you on this one!!
It better be something great keeping all of us wondering what it could be!
Fabo.sk, AurelAF96, Wil973 and 3 others like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.