Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jul 28, 2021, 7:32 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Coder33
Wiki for Mileage/XP Runs
Indicate below your itinerary, availability dates, price and XP. Please only log runs with confirmed fares availability. Feel free to tag yourself if you want to meet fellow FTers.
Eg:
MXP-CDG-AMS-KRK-AMS-CDG-MXP in J, 2021-01-01/02, 570 €, 180 XP
HEL-AMS-LAX-AMS-HEL in J, 2022-08-16/18, 1059 €, 204 XP (@XXXFlyer arriving at 11:50 AM, leaving at 06:00 AM)

Upcoming runs:
MXP-CDG-AMS-KRK in J on 2022/07/21-22, 380€ - 45XP (8,44€/XP) : one way

Past runs:
For future reference, log below your most interesting XP runs:

KRK-AMS-CDG-BCN-AMS-CDG-KRK, 2021-07-22/24, 576 €, 180 XP
ATH-CDG-AMS-KRK-AMS-CDG-ATH in J, 2021-09-18/19, 561€
KRK-AMS-CDG-LIS-CDG-AMS-KRK, 2021-07-22/28, 492 € 180 XP
NTE-CDG-AMS-LIS-CDG-LYS-NTE, 2021-09-25/26, 157 €/42XP
Print Wikipost

Mileage runs for Flying Blue - best routes?

Search this Thread

Old Feb 15, 2022, 3:42 am

Programs: Flying Blue Platinum
Originally Posted by ppyszk
hey, sorry I’ve missed the route, would be able to share? Prague looks promising…
sure!

It’s KRK > AMS > CDG > Prague

I got it for about 600€ or so but I know that’s because I booked late. I’m sure it can be done cheaper.
Old Feb 15, 2022, 8:27 am

Programs: *G (TK elite+), OW sapphire (QR), ST elite plus (AF). LA black
I saw that NUE-CDG-AMS-KRK and back can be purchased for 485€ again with an OTA - the cheapish fare is back.
Old Feb 15, 2022, 1:02 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB Platinum, M&M FTL, BA Blue
Originally Posted by TographerE
sure!

It’s KRK > AMS > CDG > Prague

I got it for about 600€ or so but I know that’s because I booked late. I’m sure it can be done cheaper.
You can drive Krakow to Prague in 5h30 (but Nuremberg to Krakow would take around 8h30). I think that the roads are not great, though.

I will be posting my next extended trip report, which includes a series of economy flights on LH and LX and a flight in a small private plane over the Alps, starting sometime in late March. But there won't be much about AFKL this time.
Old Feb 16, 2022, 3:13 am

Programs: AF/KLM Platinum Ultimate, VA Velocity Platinum, ALL Platinum
Originally Posted by Digicola
There are rumours that the on arrival test will switch to antigen soon. With the covid taskforce expected to hold a conference next week on can only hope.
And there we go. On arrival PCR replaced by antigen test that must be performed within 24h of arrival from 21st of Feb onwards. This makes self transit and going out for a few hours viable again, assuming you’re taking VTLs.
NickB, Goldorak and maalloc like this.
Old Feb 16, 2022, 3:24 am

Programs: FlyingBlue
Great news indeed. More details can be found here: https://www.channelnewsasia.com/sing...reased-2501801

Beware though that the ART must be supervised. So while less costly than a PCR, it stills require booking an appointment, possibly queuing, etc. Don't expect to roam 100% freely once stepping out of the plane like recovered pax.
Old Feb 16, 2022, 3:28 am

Programs: AF/KLM Platinum Ultimate, VA Velocity Platinum, ALL Platinum
Originally Posted by maalloc
Great news indeed. More details can be found here: https://www.channelnewsasia.com/sing...reased-2501801

Beware though that the ART must be supervised. So while less costly than a PCR, it stills require booking an appointment, possibly queuing, etc. Don't expect to roam 100% freely once stepping out of the plane like recovered pax.
The 24 hour window means passengers that are just passing by can basically go out and about.
ARTs are easy to book these days, there is also an online service where you can take a video supervised ART from your home provided you use a ART test kit authorised in Singapore (around 20sgd in total).
Old Feb 16, 2022, 12:51 pm

Hard for me to find a good run at a free weekend during the x1,5-period. Finally booked CPH-CDG-WAW-CDG-CPH today for 4800 SEK during easter. Gets me 90 XP, wich is enough for me this year to get to 180 XP in total. Will combibe with a Hilton nights run. Polish Hiltons are often great value.
Old Feb 17, 2022, 2:33 am
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: AF Gold / Accor Gold / Hilton Diamond / TP Silver / A3 Gold
Originally Posted by criced
Will combibe with a Hilton nights run. Polish Hiltons are often great value.
Let me know if you need advices about what to choose in warsaw , i have been in all 6 hiltons in warsaw and i can give you tips based on what you want
criced likes this.
Old Feb 17, 2022, 2:37 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: KL Platinum; A3 Gold
Originally Posted by f0zzyNUE
(QF-flights are marketed with KL flight number)
Just reminding everyone that QF is a Flying Blue partner, and you don't need to be on an AF/KL codeshare in order to earn XPs.
Old Feb 17, 2022, 7:04 am

Originally Posted by irishguy28
Just reminding everyone that QF is a Flying Blue partner, and you don't need to be on an AF/KL codeshare in order to earn XPs.
But AF/KL codeshare gives the 1,5XP within first half year of 2022 which is better than flying under a QF flight number.
Old Feb 17, 2022, 2:55 pm

Programs: SPG LTP, hotels, OWE, STE+, *G, Octopus
Hard for me to find a good run at a free weekend during the x1,5-period. Finally booked CPH-CDG-WAW-CDG-CPH today for 4800 SEK during easter. Gets me 90 XP, wich is enough for me this year to get to 180 XP in total. Will combibe with a Hilton nights run. Polish Hiltons are often great value.
I booked something similar mainly to do a long hotel status run with deqn.

That XP run should give us both 92 XP.
criced likes this.
Old Feb 18, 2022, 2:44 am
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: AF Gold / Accor Gold / Hilton Diamond / TP Silver / A3 Gold
Originally Posted by remymartin
I booked something similar mainly to do a long hotel status run with deqn..
ohh , and you are running after what ??? bonvoy ? honours ? all ? ihg ? radisson ?

These hotels have good offer and are pretty cheap , so ideal case to do a quick matress run

CPH-CDG-WAW-CDG-CPH.
Originally Posted by remymartin
I booked something similar.
When passing by warsaw , if you are up for drinks or visit the city let me know , if iam there we can meet
criced likes this.
Old Feb 18, 2022, 4:41 am

Programs: SPG LTP, hotels, OWE, STE+, *G, Octopus
Originally Posted by fifty_two
ohh , and you are running after what ??? bonvoy ? honours ? all ? ihg ? radisson ?

These hotels have good offer and are pretty cheap , so ideal case to do a quick matress run

When passing by warsaw , if you are up for drinks or visit the city let me know , if iam there we can meet
The one I still call Starwood

Sure, will do!
fifty_two and criced like this.
Old Feb 19, 2022, 8:53 am

Mileage and XP earning on ITA airways still not possible - hopefully from March when they start their Volare program.

Anyway there is a 35% discount code for flights to Italy and Europe available again (AZ style) - TRAVEL35DE e. g. from Germany - Business Class MUC-FCO-MUC would cost 198€. These voucher codes are available from other countries as well.
Helsinki is HEL and Mrt01 like this.
Old Feb 23, 2022, 2:23 am

Programs: Flying Blue
Hey guys, here is a weird thing I have never encountered yet regarding these intra Europe runs. Currently trying to book something like BER-CDG-AMS-BLL and back, for march 12/13 in Z, but even all fares seem available on lots of OTAs and Google, I can't get anything booked, I have also tried all various routes on that type too. Usually, booking 3 weeks in advance is fine.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.