Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jul 28, 2021, 7:32 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Coder33
Wiki for Mileage/XP Runs
Indicate below your itinerary, availability dates, price and XP. Please only log runs with confirmed fares availability. Feel free to tag yourself if you want to meet fellow FTers.
Eg:
MXP-CDG-AMS-KRK-AMS-CDG-MXP in J, 2021-01-01/02, 570 €, 180 XP
HEL-AMS-LAX-AMS-HEL in J, 2022-08-16/18, 1059 €, 204 XP (@XXXFlyer arriving at 11:50 AM, leaving at 06:00 AM)

Upcoming runs:
MXP-CDG-AMS-KRK in J on 2022/07/21-22, 380€ - 45XP (8,44€/XP) : one way

Past runs:
For future reference, log below your most interesting XP runs:

KRK-AMS-CDG-BCN-AMS-CDG-KRK, 2021-07-22/24, 576 €, 180 XP
ATH-CDG-AMS-KRK-AMS-CDG-ATH in J, 2021-09-18/19, 561€
KRK-AMS-CDG-LIS-CDG-AMS-KRK, 2021-07-22/28, 492 € 180 XP
NTE-CDG-AMS-LIS-CDG-LYS-NTE, 2021-09-25/26, 157 €/42XP
Print Wikipost

Mileage runs for Flying Blue - best routes?

Search this Thread

Old Nov 16, 2021, 8:51 am

Programs: FlyingBlue
Originally Posted by kauppias
I kind of want my 1800th UXP to be in J to make sure I can toast with Champagne but perhaps if I am very nice they can make that happen in Y too...
If you are flying AF, even in short haul Y, I bet you a Mexican Salad they can make it happen. Heck, the captain might even come salute you !

Dont try it on KL, as they are always less excited about going off-process, even (especially?) for silly reasons. Even worse: if they happen to be OK, you will be celebrating on Cava 🤮. Some fights you better not win.
remymartin and kauppias like this.

Last edited by maalloc; Nov 16, 2021 at 8:59 am
Old Nov 16, 2021, 8:57 am

Programs: KL Plat
Originally Posted by maalloc
If you are flying AF, even in short haul Y, I bet you a Mexican Salad they can make it happen. Heck, the captain might even come salute you !

Dont try it on KL, as they are always less excited about going off-process, even (especially?) for silly reasons. Even worse: if they happen to be OK, you will be celebrating on Cava 🤮
Although there's always the chance the crew will be like 'Uhh what's a UXP? What's Ultimate?'
Old Nov 16, 2021, 9:25 am

I kind of want my 1800th UXP to be in J to make sure I can toast with Champagne but perhaps if I am very nice they can make that happen in Y too...

A nutty undertaking for sure, and one that was fun in the process. In the end not necessarily all worth it but as long as it was fun I suppose it's all good made a few folks chuckle if nothing else
It has been fun, interesting and I have learned quite a bit new following the progress of you and others 👍
If Swiss can give a whole bottle of champagne to a non elite you should at least have a
Perrier-Jouet Melchizedek from AF if they can fit it in the cabin 😉
https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/33429325-post211.html
kauppias likes this.

Last edited by Stil; Nov 16, 2021 at 9:45 am
Old Nov 17, 2021, 2:06 am

Be aware! Fog season started in KRK! Last night KL diverted to KTW.

KRK FOG
Old Nov 17, 2021, 8:43 am
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
With a double XP promotion in play until the end of the year, status mileage runs become more popular. AF was sending out emails today to encourage this.
Old Nov 20, 2021, 1:53 am

Programs: AF Platinum/AY LUMO/SK EBG/baEC S/HYATT Globalist/MR LTP/A3 *G/HH Dia/IHG plat
Originally Posted by GUWonder
With a double XP promotion in play until the end of the year, status mileage runs become more popular. AF was sending out emails today to encourage this.
The rollover factor is a big enticing factor for MRs now, for those who are not risk adverse

I for one am taking the risk that rollover will be around for a few years, so I will end the year with 4 or so years of rollover XPs

I figure this will help with the OFF years as most years 200-300xps are a given, should I still plan to keep multi alliance top tier cards active 😃👍
Old Nov 20, 2021, 3:18 am

Programs: *G (TK elite+), OW sapphire (QR), ST elite plus (AF). LA black
The rollover factor is a big enticing factor for MRs now, for those who are not risk adverse
I calculated for myself - after this year I still need two more years to become plat for life. And in this case mileage running with the double XP promotion did not make any sense.

First of all to get surplus XP to transfer into next year you have to earn 300XP this year (OK, simple - because it would mean only real 150 XP to buy tickets for). Then another 150XP to make next year's qualification safe. - and here comes the BUT - it is the same as letting AF renew platinum status automatically with no flying this year and delay flying into next year to earn the 300 XP in 2022. (which is kind of safe for me already with an AM ticket BCN-CDG-MEX-GRU-MEX-AMS-BCN and MUC-CDG-LIM-CDG-MUC - both in business class). And then I will fly anyway in 2022 and 2023 so the last 300XP should be earned simple with regular flights. Therefore no need for me to do mileage running this year.
Old Nov 20, 2021, 4:19 am

Programs: FB Platinum, SAS Gold , HH Diamond
Maybe some latest expressions:
On one of the flights between AMS and CDG they just reduced the service due to a „delay“ of the departure. The flight was as long as usual (45min). Though service was only reduced in Business (only Cookie + paper cup drinks). Economy still got the usual.

The new Lounge in Paris seems to be a zoo between 10:00 and 13:00. Hard to find even a single seat.

And for KLM cityhopper it feels like only 20% of all flights the crew is great. A purser on one flight even ignored all passengers (no greeting or bye for any passenger.

And somehow I was not even allowed to visit the cockpit on the ground, though on several other flights I have seen people using the jumpseat in the cockpit the whole flight.

Thankfully I am closed to my last flight this year. I cannot eat those vegetarian Air France meals anymore.
Old Nov 20, 2021, 4:36 am

Programs: FB:Plat ALL:Plat
a few pictures from my pre positioning flight for my last KRK run of the year

Mont-blanc view on AF1830 today

Taking off this morning from CDG
Old Nov 20, 2021, 5:50 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB Platinum, M&M FTL, BA Blue
For those posts just above, which I haven't multi-quoted, I agree that we are safe from any major changes for the next 4 or 5 years. I think if I did one more of those runs (maybe next year, if the double XPs offer comes back) I would be able to qualify for the remainder of Platinum for Life just with normal flying (600 XPs would still be required).

I generally agree with the experiences of FaBSy above, although I generally got lucky with pretty good crews on the KLM Cityhopper flights on my last run, which surprised me. I was expected the worst and, needless to say, I am no fan of KLC. But they seem to be quite heavily present even on major routes like AMS-GVA and AMS-NCE.

Last edited by Concerto; Nov 20, 2021 at 5:58 am
Old Nov 20, 2021, 6:14 am
Moderator: Aegean Miles+Bonus

Programs: AFKL Plat, A3 Gold
Originally Posted by FaBSy
And somehow I was not even allowed to visit the cockpit on the ground, though on several other flights I have seen people using the jumpseat in the cockpit the whole flight.
...not sure what you are expecting here, but visiting the cockpit is NEVER any kind of right - and definitely not something to be upset about when denied.
Old Nov 20, 2021, 9:19 am

Programs: FB Platinum, SAS Gold , HH Diamond
Originally Posted by Xandrios
...not sure what you are expecting here, but visiting the cockpit is NEVER any kind of right - and definitely not something to be upset about when denied.
Then you misunderstood. I just think it was easier to have a look into the cockpit pre Covid. Normally the captain decides if he wants a visit but when I asked the purser already declined. It is just sometimes a nice touch to have a little chat in the cockpit.
kauppias likes this.
Old Nov 21, 2021, 1:22 am

Programs: AF Platinum/AY LUMO/SK EBG/baEC S/HYATT Globalist/MR LTP/A3 *G/HH Dia/IHG plat
Beware in KRK lounge they are now enforcing a rule of no entry until T120 before the flight, so effectively limiting you to 90min in the lounge.... According to them this has been since Nov 05 though my last run was Nov 6&7 and I had no issues then

I've never seen this type of restriction, I have seen where they limit you to 3 hours but this change sure sucks 😞
Old Nov 21, 2021, 1:50 am

Programs: FlyingBlue
Beware in KRK lounge they are now enforcing a rule of no entry until T120 before the flight, so effectively limiting you to 90min in the lounge.... According to them this has been since Nov 05 though my last run was Nov 6&7 and I had no issues then

I've never seen this type of restriction, I have seen where they limit you to 3 hours but this change sure sucks 😞
it’s a quite common rule for contractor lounges.

How did you get airside more than 120 minutes before take off anyway? At this time, check in counters were barely opening last time I went there…
Old Nov 21, 2021, 2:02 am

Originally Posted by maalloc
it’s a quite common rule for contractor lounges.

How did you get airside more than 120 minutes before take off anyway? At this time, check in counters were barely opening last time I went there…
Who uses check in counters anymore? That's so last season 😂😂 sorry my teens love saying that to me 😄

I have gotten my return boarding passes on departure for the last 3 runs, so No need to stop by the counter...

Makes it easier especially if one is on the 6am departure...

I arrived 2h and 20 min before flight time and went to the lounge where there were 4 passengers and still got turned away.... Live and learn.

3 hours I can live with 2 hours seems quite restrictive, I even offered to use my PP for the extra time thus giving them twice their fee but still NO wait 20minutes outside 😂

Perhaps this is a good time to consider where I head on my last run to complete my Zero To Hero conquest to Ulti 😄😄

Any ideas on where the best lounges are for a run? 😂
maalloc likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.