Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jul 28, 2021, 7:32 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Coder33
Wiki for Mileage/XP Runs
Indicate below your itinerary, availability dates, price and XP. Please only log runs with confirmed fares availability. Feel free to tag yourself if you want to meet fellow FTers.
Eg:
MXP-CDG-AMS-KRK-AMS-CDG-MXP in J, 2021-01-01/02, 570 €, 180 XP
HEL-AMS-LAX-AMS-HEL in J, 2022-08-16/18, 1059 €, 204 XP (@XXXFlyer arriving at 11:50 AM, leaving at 06:00 AM)

Upcoming runs:
MXP-CDG-AMS-KRK in J on 2022/07/21-22, 380€ - 45XP (8,44€/XP) : one way

Past runs:
For future reference, log below your most interesting XP runs:

KRK-AMS-CDG-BCN-AMS-CDG-KRK, 2021-07-22/24, 576 €, 180 XP
ATH-CDG-AMS-KRK-AMS-CDG-ATH in J, 2021-09-18/19, 561€
KRK-AMS-CDG-LIS-CDG-AMS-KRK, 2021-07-22/28, 492 € 180 XP
NTE-CDG-AMS-LIS-CDG-LYS-NTE, 2021-09-25/26, 157 €/42XP
Print Wikipost

Mileage runs for Flying Blue - best routes?

Search this Thread

Old Oct 20, 2021, 6:08 am

Programs: AF Platinum/AY LUMO/SK EBG/baEC S/HYATT Globalist/MR LTP/A3 *G/HH Dia/IHG plat
Originally Posted by n00d1e5
Since from 1st Jan 2022, there is no more double XP benefits, Alitalia has gone and the price of some routes is highly increased (like TLV).
Do you have any suggest route in Europe which the price is lower then 5.5e/XP, please?
The suggestion for ECO and BIZ are both welcomed.
One option is to stock up now before double XP promo expires, for rollover
Old Oct 20, 2021, 6:48 am

Programs: Flying Blue - Platinum
Originally Posted by Concerto
How are the protocols for entering Poland and Finland at the moment? Is it the usual PLF forms? I will be starting my next run on the 28th from Germany (via CDG and AMS, obviously). Just wondering if things have changed. Going from Switzerland to Germany required no PLF.
I didn't need to present any documentation in HEL last august, but they did check Vaccination certificate (DCC) and passport both in Amsterdam before releasing a boarding pass. Similar process in Helsinki for immigration.
Old Oct 20, 2021, 7:32 am

Programs: AF Platinum/AY LUMO/SK EBG/baEC S/HYATT Globalist/MR LTP/A3 *G/HH Dia/IHG plat
As far as entering Finland right now they do spot checks in the so called green lane so random checks of covid vax etc
very easy and fast, no PLF if through the green lane, not sure about the other lanes at the moment. Next week I can take a peek
Old Oct 20, 2021, 11:07 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB Platinum, M&M FTL, BA Blue
So i guess coming from Krakow and going to Helsinki, with transits only, is the green lane. Therefore no PLF necessary?
Old Oct 20, 2021, 1:52 pm

So i guess coming from Krakow and going to Helsinki, with transits only, is the green lane. Therefore no PLF necessary?
The last time I was there yes walked straight through
Old Oct 20, 2021, 2:57 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Any suggestions for Helsinki? I will have 2 nights there, from Saturday 30th October until a very early departure on Monday 1st November. So I booked the Holiday Inn Vantaa at the airport, which I think was a good move. Would be good to hit a real Finnish sauna, although those things make me jolly hungry when I come out. I did consider renting a car and driving out to the endless lakes in the country, but it's not worth it for such a short time. Will snow already be on the ground?
Old Oct 21, 2021, 2:28 am

Will snow already be on the ground?
Not living in Helsinki, but at a similar Latitude, I would say "no" (not for another month+). -but weather is weather, you never know
Old Oct 21, 2021, 2:47 am

Any suggestions for Helsinki? I will have 2 nights there, from Saturday 30th October until a very early departure on Monday 1st November. So I booked the Holiday Inn Vantaa at the airport, which I think was a good move. Would be good to hit a real Finnish sauna, although those things make me jolly hungry when I come out. I did consider renting a car and driving out to the endless lakes in the country, but it's not worth it for such a short time. Will snow already be on the ground?
For 2 nights I would not stay at the airport myself. The Holiday inn city center is more convenient and right next to the train station to get easy access to the airport IMHO
DiamondMile likes this.
Old Oct 21, 2021, 3:53 am

Programs: FB plat MM sen
PLF in Poland

How are the protocols for entering Poland and Finland at the moment? Is it the usual PLF forms? I will be starting my next run on the 28th from Germany (via CDG and AMS, obviously). Just wondering if things have changed. Going from Switzerland to Germany required no PLF.
This is question of luck if they will check it on arrival - https://www.gov.pl/web/gov/fill-in-t...r-locator-form
Old Oct 21, 2021, 5:20 am

Programs: SPG LTP, hotels, OWE, STE+, *G, Octopus
There is no, and never was, a PLF for Finland. Poland has online PLF and airlines check for it before allowing you to board.

HI Airport is in a quiet, industrial road walkable to a shopping centre, but the hotel nor the airport is not located in Helsinki (but the city of Vantaa). In Helsinki city there are also other chains than IHG, and if you go independent there are more options (and ways to earn FB miles).

For sauna you could test:
https://www.loylyhelsinki.fi/
https://allasseapool.fi/
kauppias likes this.

Last edited by remymartin; Oct 21, 2021 at 5:26 am
Old Oct 21, 2021, 9:55 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by kauppias
For 2 nights I would not stay at the airport myself. The Holiday inn city center is more convenient and right next to the train station to get easy access to the airport IMHO
Probably a bit late now, I booked one of those semi flexible rates and it was a lot cheaper than the other IHG hotels. And I do have a very early 06h25 start after the second night.

Originally Posted by remymartin
There is no, and never was, a PLF for Finland. Poland has online PLF and airlines check for it before allowing you to board.

HI Airport is in a quiet, industrial road walkable to a shopping centre, but the hotel nor the airport is not located in Helsinki (but the city of Vantaa). In Helsinki city there are also other chains than IHG, and if you go independent there are more options (and ways to earn FB miles).

For sauna you could test:
https://www.loylyhelsinki.fi/
https://allasseapool.fi/
Thanks for the sauna links. I will check them out. As it's such a short trip, just a day globally, I'm not too worried about the hotel choice. I reckon November is not the greatest time to be in Helsinki.
Old Oct 21, 2021, 11:23 pm

Programs: SPG LTP, hotels, OWE, STE+, *G, Octopus
Probably a bit late now, I booked one of those semi flexible rates and it was a lot cheaper than the other IHG hotels. And I do have a very early 06h25 start after the second night.

Thanks for the sauna links. I will check them out. As it's such a short trip, just a day globally, I'm not too worried about the hotel choice. I reckon November is not the greatest time to be in Helsinki.
If you've never been, I recommend you split up those two nights into two hotels - hotel 1 central so you see things on the first evening/day, and hotel 2 near airport on your second night for a (more) comfortable morning.
When the weather is challenging you want to be centrally located so you can regroup & retreat when necessary.

By the way - the Hilton airport has some rooms equipped with saunas. It is walking distance from the terminal, as well. I usually stay there when I have an early flight.
kauppias, DiamondMile and 321 like this.

Last edited by remymartin; Oct 21, 2021 at 11:28 pm
Old Oct 22, 2021, 7:35 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Ah.... I remember why I booked two nights at the HI at Helsinki airport. There was a promotion at the German cashback site of shoop.de offering 4% cashback and also a €10 voucher (which you can add to your cashback) for bookings at IHG hotels, if the booking exceeds €99 of pure hotel night (not counting meals, taxes, etc). I thought it was a decent deal and it was the cheapest IHG offering in Helsinki (and at the time I thought I was going to make it to 30 nights and requalify for Platinum, but I'm not, I'm going to be stuck somewhere around 25 nights). If I could have booked two different hotels and paid for them both in the same transaction that would have been ideal, but I don't think that's possible with IHG. The other thing is, I will have had a 04h00 wakeup that morning for the 06h20 flight from KRK, so I don't think I will be in the mood for dancing on the tables when I arrive in Helsinki. Surely getting to downtown Helsinki the following morning will be easy enough?
Old Oct 22, 2021, 10:12 am

Ah.... I remember why I booked two nights at the HI at Helsinki airport. There was a promotion at the German cashback site of shoop.de offering 4% cashback and also a €10 voucher (which you can add to your cashback) for bookings at IHG hotels, if the booking exceeds €99 of pure hotel night (not counting meals, taxes, etc). I thought it was a decent deal and it was the cheapest IHG offering in Helsinki (and at the time I thought I was going to make it to 30 nights and requalify for Platinum, but I'm not, I'm going to be stuck somewhere around 25 nights). If I could have booked two different hotels and paid for them both in the same transaction that would have been ideal, but I don't think that's possible with IHG. The other thing is, I will have had a 04h00 wakeup that morning for the 06h20 flight from KRK, so I don't think I will be in the mood for dancing on the tables when I arrive in Helsinki. Surely getting to downtown Helsinki the following morning will be easy enough?

You can take the hotel shuttle to the airport and then the train from HEL to downtown either the I or P train
Old Oct 23, 2021, 2:24 am

Programs: LH SEN, FB Plat., HH D.
Hi,

From reading here, I understand that upgrading the ticket when you receive an offer it does not generate extra XP, but in case you change the schedule and on the meantime you change from Eco to Biz, do you get the Biz Class XP?

Thanks,

pd not sure if it is the appropriate thread, in case not, mods pls move it

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.