Wiki Posts
Search

how to find actual accrual of miles with FB

Search this Thread

Old Jul 17, 2014, 3:12 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Flying Blue Platinum
how to find actual accrual of miles with FB

I am making the trip from IAD to RUN to visit family in November. I am also using this as a way to maintain status. I was sure that I would be over my 70k for the year with this trip but then the confusion began. Flying Premium Economy with all 4 legs booked in A:

On the airfrance.us site:
For Flying Blue members, the selected fare entitles you to accumulate at least 22256 miles per person.

On the airfrance.fr site:
Pour les membres Flying Blue, le tarif que vous avez selectionné permet d'accumuler au moins 23219 Miles par personne.

Since I have flown this route for years, I did the math because I remember how much one should earn 3850*2 + 5822*2 = 19344.

On another note: Flights to CGK also in A class are stating that they will earn 20k despite the fact that it is much further than RUN.

So my question….is there an accurate calculator anywhere. It is really sad when you cannot even trust the booking page.
Old Jul 17, 2014, 3:37 pm
KVS
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Arrow

Indeed, it's very unclear where the 22-23K figures would come from:

[KVS Availability Tool 7.4.0/Diamond - Reference: Ticketed Point Mileage [TPM]: IAD-PAR-RUN-PAR-IAD]
Code:
WAS-PAR:  3850 mi /  6196 km
PAR-RUN:  5818 mi /  9363 km
RUN-PAR:  5818 mi /  9363 km
PAR-WAS:  3850 mi /  6196 km
----------------------------
Total:   19336 mi / 31118 km

Last edited by KVS; Jul 17, 2014 at 3:53 pm
Old Jul 17, 2014, 5:50 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Flying Blue Platinum
Ok…I think I might have figured it out. The mileage quoted on AF.us reflects a 125% earning on the A class for ORY-RUN. I checked the FB website and there is no accrual information for Premium Economy for Indian Ocean/Caribbean flights. Does anyone know the accrual for Premium Economy? I saw that Z class for business earns 125% so I am still skeptical but nothing would surprise me.
Old Jul 18, 2014, 4:32 am

Programs: Flying Blue (LTPE) All (Gold)
FB website writes nothing on the chart about premium eco to indian ocean... (old Alize class)
http://www.flyingblue.com/earn-miles...ir-france.html
On AF website, trying several days it is always 125% for A class, for ORY to RUN (7278 EQM)
Curiously, if you go through Mauritius, (proposed as an option in class A some days) it downs to 100% but stay at 125% in class S

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.