Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Confusing eligible booking class on Flying Blue chart

Search this Thread

Old Mar 20, 2014, 3:21 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA LT Gold, Air France Platinum Ulti, AA 4MM EXP, SPG Lifetime Plat, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond
Confusing eligible booking class on Flying Blue chart

I booked an open jaw CDG-DUB/LCY-ORY in V and X class

No info on the website about those fares being Mini ! As a matter of fact when you book a multi cities itinerary only the booking class appear on the screen
According to the FB chart V and X class are qualifying fares however it just states the contrary further down
What to believe and who prevails? I am not happy about those flights not being qualifying since the transparency of the booking process is utmost ambiguous
I wrote to FB CS and wait for their reply
Anyone had the same problem?
Old Mar 20, 2014, 3:51 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: KL Platinum; A3 Gold
If you booked via Air France, then yes, using the multicity option means you don't have the fares presented in the separate columns for "mini" fares, etc

And I completely agree that the websites are atrocious - in particular, as you point out, the AF earning page on Flying Blue.com.

This topic has come up many times before - but the Flying Blue tables only become more opaque as time goes on. They know about the issue, but just don't seem to care.

I'm really sorry if you booked these flights specifically for the miles/segments - because I simply don't think you're going to get any miles.

Even when people are diligent and try to research in advance whether the ticket they may book will earn miles, the tools AF and FB have put at our disposal make it impossible in many cases to decipher whether the fares will earn.

(Always click the "i - Earn Miles" button on the final pricing page (before actual purchase) to see how many miles your itinerary should earn - though I am not sure if that can be relied on any more to be accurate, either. But if it tells you zero miles - then I would most likely believe that.)

Old Mar 20, 2014, 4:03 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Apart from the miles earning, another way to determine whether you are dealing with a mini-fare is to check the baggage allowance. I agree, though, that this is hardly a transparent system.
Old Mar 20, 2014, 4:05 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA LT Gold, Air France Platinum Ulti, AA 4MM EXP, SPG Lifetime Plat, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond
Thanks for the reply and the way to know for sure if the fare is eligible or not.

I didn't fly this for the miles but I hate to be cheated by a flawed system.

And considering that the chart says everything and it's contrary why should it work to AF advantage and not ours.
This is as much as it gets to false advertisement and is misleading

We should sue ....lol
Old Mar 20, 2014, 9:11 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by thierry
We should sue ....lol
Not sure about suing but certainly worth reporting to the relevant enforcement authorities. In the UK, I guess it would be a DfT or Trading Standards matter. I do not know who would be the relevant authorities in France.
Old Mar 20, 2014, 3:28 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: AF/KL Life Plat, BA GGL+GfL, ALL Plat, Hilton Diam, Marriott Gold, blablablah, etc
Originally Posted by NickB
Not sure about suing but certainly worth reporting to the relevant enforcement authorities. In the UK, I guess it would be a DfT or Trading Standards matter. I do not know who would be the relevant authorities in France.
Would the DGCCRF be a relevant contact point here? And if all else fails, 60 millions de consommateurs or something equivalent should be able to help the OP find the right channels.
Old Mar 20, 2014, 4:18 pm

Try booking on KLM web site, as KLM *never* sells mini-fares on AF flights.
Old Mar 26, 2014, 4:50 am

Programs: Many
Originally Posted by halflife
Try booking on KLM web site, as KLM *never* sells mini-fares on AF flights.
KL does sell MiNi fares : http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/21884506-post484.html
Old Mar 26, 2014, 11:24 am

Does anyone know if the classes that are not eligible for miles count as qualifying flights to silver or gold? FB webpage only says if you can get miles or not from these classes but doesn't explain if they count as qualifying flights, thanks!
Old Mar 26, 2014, 11:28 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
Originally Posted by cinnamonlin
Does anyone know if the classes that are not eligible for miles count as qualifying flights to silver or gold? FB webpage only says if you can get miles or not from these classes but doesn't explain if they count as qualifying flights, thanks!
No. No miles = no segment.
Old Apr 3, 2014, 8:11 am

Programs: Skyteam E+ (FB PfL), Latam Black, LH MM, Iberia plus, HH: Diamond, Marriott Bonvoy: Plat
Originally Posted by bodory
You seemed to have picked a really specific case though.
Going through the KLM webpage or phone line, so far I never came across the mini fare.

2014 (>1) : POA GRU CDG DUS AMS LYS TLS SXB STR IAH HOU ATL

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.