Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Euclaim alternative: Refund.me?

Search this Thread

Old May 19, 2014, 2:10 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I wonder if the abominable English is intended to come across as charming and disarming?

Johan
Old Jan 13, 2015, 2:35 am

Originally Posted by bskuared
They recruited me from a thread here on flyertalk. Wanted to use my case against Iberia as a test case. That was in 2008. They sent a few letters, did a tiny bit of work, then stopped answering my emails. I just found out that the case went past the statute of limitations and in early 2013 they closed my case. No notice. Nothing. They obviously only do the easy fix. Beware.
I have not tried EUclaim, however, when comparing the services, I came up to FreeClaim.eu. What surprised me was that they are the only one that do not charge a percentage fee but a fixed success fee of EUR 39. In my case of a US to EU, which is a claim of EUR 600, it is just 6,5 %, which is unbeatable. So far my case has not gone to court, however, they declare they will do so in a short time. So far - I am satisfied - best conditions and friendly and timely communication.
Old Nov 22, 2016, 10:35 am

refund.me

don't use this company!!! Rip Off!! refund.me is terrible

Originally Posted by biggjeff
Can't vouch for either of them, however both sites seem based on the same concept of enforcing EU regulations as it relates to screwed up flights in the EU.

EUclaim: http://www.euclaim.co.uk/our-products

"EUclaim works on a No Win No Fee basis. This means you only pay us a fee when we are successful. You will receive 73% of the claim amount, minus 25 euros administration costs per passenger. When we are not able to solve your claim, you do not pay us anything."

Refund.me: http://www.refund.me/en/help/

"How much does the service cost?
refund.me keeps 15 per cent of any compensation paid as a commission (plus the statutory VAT). If the claim is rejected, you are not charged anything.
We make every effort to assert your claim promptly by means of precise verification processes and our collaboration with experienced passenger rights experts."

It is interesting that the EU has dedicated legislation for delayed and cancelled flights altogether, and I suppose it would be nice if we adopted this back in North America, as I am sure I had a flights or 2 I could claim for
Old Nov 26, 2016, 2:44 am

Originally Posted by 1ashannon
don't use this company!!! Rip Off!! refund.me is terrible
An explanation would be useful

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.