Wiki Posts
Search

Euclaim alternative: Refund.me?

Search this Thread

Old Aug 31, 2013, 2:55 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: KL Platinum; A3 Gold
Originally Posted by brunos
This was my personal experience, which was bit different from the one posted above.
They basically suggested me to do things that I could easily do myself. My understanding (at the time I thoroughly researched) is that they provide administrative assistance not legal assistance.
EUClaim have a number of products. You've described their "Do It Yourself" package where they merely provide templates. They have a "No Win No Fee" package where they take your flight details, and take it from there. But my experience with just one case was that they give up fairly easily. They certainly did not send any solicitor's letters or threaten court in my case. I think flights/connections with large numbers of claimants probably get more resources applied, as there is a greater potential reward.
Old Aug 31, 2013, 5:23 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB , BA Gold
Indeed.
How could they hire a solicitor when the most they could possibly earn is some 100EUR in the case of a plain vanilla compensation.
Old Aug 31, 2013, 5:53 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: AF/KL Life Plat, BA GGL+GfL, ALL Plat, Hilton Diam, Marriott Gold, blablablah, etc
Originally Posted by bskuared
They recruited me from a thread here on flyertalk. Wanted to use my case against Iberia as a test case. That was in 2008. They sent a few letters, did a tiny bit of work, then stopped answering my emails. I just found out that the case went past the statute of limitations and in early 2013 they closed my case. No notice. Nothing. They obviously only do the easy fix. Beware.
The part that worries me about this story is the 'they recruited me from a thread here on flyertalk'. Do you mean that after seeing your post, they contacted you directly to offer their services? That makes me feel a bit uncomfortable as an idea as I don't want to think of FT as a targeted advertising platform for companies trying to sell things.
Old Aug 31, 2013, 6:07 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Sort of like ambulance-chasing lawyers...

But that's how this thread started, though tweeting may seem less invasive than PMing on here...
Old Aug 31, 2013, 6:13 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by brunos
Indeed.
How could they hire a solicitor when the most they could possibly earn is some 100EUR in the case of a plain vanilla compensation.
They now clearly state their partnership with a firm of solicitors.

I'm no legal expert, but I think sending letters in the context of EC261/2004 is normally extremely formulaic (particularly in cases where courts have made rulings in similar previous cases) and may be the kind of thing a trainee or paralegal, rather than a senior partner, can handle.

Though I suppose if airlines are willing to go all the way to court in scenarios that haven't been tested in court yet, then EUClaim will probably not pursue an isolated case beyond a letter or two. EUClaim sends letters themselves to start with, so they do not need to involve a solicitor in most cases.
Old Aug 31, 2013, 6:28 am

Does the EU legislation apply to the itinerary as a whole? If my itinerary started in the EU but then I was delayed on a US domestic connection on the same trip (on the same day) is there any possibility of filing an EU claim?

I might actually be willing to hand euclaim or refund.me a portion of the proceeds given it's been nearly a year and I haven't bothered following up due to the hassle anyways. The fact that it's a US airline on a domestic leg which might require some prodding to get the airline to react is part of what's stopping me. They might know exactly what to say to get it handled.
Old Sep 2, 2013, 8:33 am

Non-Communication is the issue

I totally agree and in fact I was never sure I would win. What I object to is that I tried to communicate with them since 2010 and they would not respond, then they unceremoniously sent me an online (not forwarded to my email) communication is February of this year that the statute of limitations had run out and they had to drop my case. I think they actually thought my case was a good one and they wrote several letters and worked their way up the judicial chain. Someone got lazy and decided my case was too much work!
Old Sep 2, 2013, 8:35 am

Originally Posted by orbitmic
The part that worries me about this story is the 'they recruited me from a thread here on flyertalk'. Do you mean that after seeing your post, they contacted you directly to offer their services? That makes me feel a bit uncomfortable as an idea as I don't want to think of FT as a targeted advertising platform for companies trying to sell things.
You are describing exactly what happened. And, in fact, if you watch their Twitter feed they are actively seeking cases.
Old Sep 2, 2013, 8:37 am

The interesting thing about my situation is that they thought they had a new test case on their hands. So I think it was handled somewhat differently. I had many email conversations directly with attorneys and they wrote very specific letters at several levels in the court system.
Old Nov 17, 2013, 6:52 am

Programs: My travel agent
I wonder what you should look for when selecting travel insurance to have peace of mind for (all) possible airline screw-ups: https://www.miles-and-more.com/onlin...51&cid=1000261
Old May 12, 2014, 4:02 am
Suspended

This is really usefull info to have since I have some flights from the last year that I could easily claim for. I just saw the refund.me web page and it says that they only take 15% VAT. In my opinion looks good because there's an application where you could check if the flight is eligible for claiming, I will definitely try it.
Old May 12, 2014, 4:13 am
Suspended

Thumbs up Refund.me

Originally Posted by Xandrios
I had tweeted something about a KLM screwup, and I noticed somebody retweeting all tweets regarding KLM delays. A little more digging showed that these were basically shameless spam tweets for a company called refund.me:

http://www.refund.me/en/intro-flight-refunds.php

Their offer looks a lot like that of euclaim. They take 25% plus vat in case of a successful case, which I believe is more than what euclaim takes.

Has anybody tried them? I get the feeling that all they do is send out a template letter, but I am not sure. I wonder if they would go as far as taking the airline to court to get their right. Euclaim seems to do this every now and then, though that by itself might be an attempt to get publicity of course..
Hi! I didn't trust any company to claim but once I had a problem with a flight that it was cancelled and I wanted to claim it. I was going to claim directly to the airline but talking with a friend she told me that she have had the same experience and the airline hadn't refunded her. So I started my search of how is the best way to claim I found some companies but I decided to use Refund.me because of the cost of the services and the easily to claim with them. Then I discovered fabolous people that are so closed and they treat you like a person and not like a number.

I was refunded and now I'm doing another claim with them. I recommend you to think about the advantages of claiming with some company that can supports you, and I recommend you to use Refund.me because of my experience. The process starts here http://www.refund.me/en/widget-flight/ but if you want to take a general look, you can do it here http://www.refund.me/en

I hope I can help you with my experience!
Old May 12, 2014, 7:36 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB , BA Gold
I also noticed how aggressive some of these companies are in trying to recruit clients (like ambulance chaser).
I also heard about hotels posting on tripadvisor, under some fictitious member identities, to praise their own hotel; hard to detect except that they usually have no other posts. That seems common practice in the travel industry, including on FT.

Last edited by brunos; May 12, 2014 at 10:28 pm
Old May 12, 2014, 1:45 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Hmm . . . . two new members resuscitate an old thread within 11 minutes of each other, and both push refund.me

Maybe I just have a suspicious mind.

Welcome to FT, in any case.

Johan
Old May 18, 2014, 11:11 pm

Originally Posted by johan rebel
Hmm . . . . two new members resuscitate an old thread within 11 minutes of each other, and both push refund.me

Maybe I just have a suspicious mind.

Welcome to FT, in any case.

Johan
+1

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.