Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Never any O availability CDG/AMS-MEX

Search this Thread

Old Feb 22, 2013, 2:21 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA LT Plat (4m+), AF Plat, A3 Gold, Hyatt Lifetime Globalist, Marriott Plat, IHG Plat/Ambassador
Never any O availability CDG/AMS-MEX

Has anyone ever found an open seat in O?? I have looked for months and absolutely NOTHING is available. GRRRR
Old Feb 22, 2013, 3:37 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: KL Platinum; A3 Gold
I see plenty of classic award availability in O.

From AMS:

From CDG:
Old Feb 22, 2013, 4:25 am
Moderator: Flying Blue (Air France & KLM)

Programs: Flying Blue (AF/KL)
I think OP might be wanting to use Delta miles?

If you are a FB member there is normally more availability for Elite members then for Ivory.
Old Feb 22, 2013, 4:43 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Gajan
I think OP might be wanting to use Delta miles?
I wish people would stop posting Delta questions in here!!!
Old Feb 23, 2013, 11:14 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA LT Plat (4m+), AF Plat, A3 Gold, Hyatt Lifetime Globalist, Marriott Plat, IHG Plat/Ambassador
@Irishguy:
1) you have elite status with FB so awards don't get pulled out of O class- you have expanded availability that comes from a different bucket.
2) No. I am looking for FB award availability. I know where to post what.
Just because I have Delta status doesn't mean I don't have FB miles.
I wish people would actually read the actual post and not their interpretation of them!!!!
Old Feb 23, 2013, 12:15 pm
Moderator: Flying Blue (Air France & KLM)

Programs: Flying Blue (AF/KL)
Originally Posted by bostontraveler
I wish people would actually read the actual post and not their interpretation of them!!!!
Has anyone ever found an open seat in O?? I have looked for months and absolutely NOTHING is available. GRRRR
In my defense (), seeing that your profile states that you have Delta elite status I thought it was a fairly logical assumption.

1) you have elite status with FB so awards don't get pulled out of O class- you have expanded availability that comes from a different bucket.
If I am correct, the other booking classes are only shown when there is no availability in O.
On KL flights elite members have extra availability @ normal rates; on AF extra availability costs more miles (correct?). Based on the screenshots provided I would say that it appears that there is O availability.
Old Feb 23, 2013, 3:20 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Gajan
In my defense (), seeing that your profile states that you have Delta elite status I thought it was a fairly logical assumption.

If I am correct, the other booking classes are only shown when there is no availability in O.
On KL flights elite members have extra availability @ normal rates; on AF extra availability costs more miles (correct?). Based on the screenshots provided I would say that it appears that there is O availability.
Actually my response wasn't to you but to irishman...

No, not necessarily a "logical" assumption. Ask before assuming.
If it were related to Delta redemption I would have posted the question in the DL forum.

His screenshots don't tell anything new because he is logged in as an elite member. The AF system will in his case reveal seats in C, not O.

My question/positing is about AF/KL seats on this route in O.

Do you have any insight into in my original question?

Last edited by bostontraveler; Feb 23, 2013 at 3:26 pm
Old Feb 23, 2013, 6:14 pm

Programs: AF/KL FB Plat 4L, VA Vel Silver, BA EC, LH M&M
His screenshots don't tell anything new because he is logged in as an elite member. The AF system will in his case reveal seats in C, not O.
This is not correct. C is used for flex awards, not for "elite awards". Flex awards are twice the miles of O awards. Hence the screenshots do not show avaiability in C.
Old Feb 23, 2013, 6:27 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB , BA Gold
Actually my response wasn't to you but to irishman...

No, not necessarily a "logical" assumption. Ask before assuming.
If it were related to Delta redemption I would have posted the question in the DL forum.

My question/positing is about AF/KL seats on this route in O.

Do you have any insight into in my original question?
it would be interesting to see what happens if you check as nonelite member and try the dates that irishguy28 used.

It also appears that FB is changing something starting with the summer. Other posters have noticed that classic awards were hard to get and that one had to pay 115% or 125%. it could be that FB is late in loading availability or hat they are implementing a subtle change in policy.
Old Feb 24, 2013, 7:21 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
Originally Posted by brunos
it would be interesting to see what happens if you check as nonelite member and try the dates that irishguy28 used.

It also appears that FB is changing something starting with the summer. Other posters have noticed that classic awards were hard to get and that one had to pay 115% or 125%. it could be that FB is late in loading availability or hat they are implementing a subtle change in policy.
For what it worths, I was able to book (in January) a classic award CDG-US in O (100%) for next summer.
Old Feb 27, 2013, 10:44 am

Programs: DL, QF, QR Gold, MR Lifetime Gold
Originally Posted by Goldorak
For what it worths, I was able to book (in January) a classic award CDG-US in O (100%) for next summer.
The OP was asking specifically for AMS/CDG-MEX.
Old Feb 27, 2013, 8:27 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Despite the OP's later assumptions, what I posted was normal "O" class availability for a Dutch/European-registered Flying Blue account. It has nothing to do with elite status, as you can clearly see that the regular classic rate is widely available. If the OP is seeing different availability, I suspect it has more to do with different availability being advised to North American members.

I made no assumptions above, and merely answered the question you posed. My second post was a general statement of my own opinion on a matter that generally affects the entire FB forum, and should therefore not have been interpreted as applying only, or even, to this particular thread.
Old Feb 28, 2013, 6:57 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB , BA Gold
Originally Posted by Goldorak
Indeed Biz classic awards still exist, especially in low biz season (summer).

My study is not scientific, but having looked at ways to use my remaining miles (and those of my family) in the past year, my impression is that it is now more difficult to find classic awards without paying extra. For example, O availability on HKG-CDG was widely available on almost all flights (with many seats in each, sometimes O8) in the past couple of years, but much less available since a few months. I know that one can post a selected screen shot of a specific periods where there is daily availability for a few seats, but that does not disprove the point that O awards without extra miles are much less available now. And the explanation cannot be that AF is having higher loads in J.
Again just a personal impression based on extensive search, in no way an irrefutable scientific study.

Last edited by brunos; Feb 28, 2013 at 7:03 am
Old Mar 2, 2013, 5:42 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
Originally Posted by florin
The OP was asking specifically for AMS/CDG-MEX.
I know this but I was just responding to a general question from Brunos
Old Mar 3, 2013, 12:11 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL 1 million, AA 1 mil, HH lapsed Diamond, Marriott Plat
Originally Posted by irishguy28
Despite the OP's later assumptions, what I posted was normal "O" class availability for a Dutch/European-registered Flying Blue account. It has nothing to do with elite status, as you can clearly see that the regular classic rate is widely available. If the OP is seeing different availability, I suspect it has more to do with different availability being advised to North American members.
Coming late to this but testing availability to North American members, this one-way MEX-CDG search shows some March dates with O availability but clicking through shows everything to be a connection, MEX-ATL/DTW/JFK-CDG.

This close-in test certainly doesn't confirm the 'never' contention, either.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.