Community
Wiki Posts
Search

PromoAwards for November/December is out!

Search this Thread

Old Oct 17, 2012, 4:38 am

Programs: Delta Silver, HH Gold, Accor Gold, IHG Platinum
Apparently, the EU-promo's are an one time limited offer:

Originally Posted by Flying Blue
‘Heel-Europa’ Promo Awards@
Eenmalig aanbod: nu beschikbaar voor 25% minder Award Miles

Met Promo Awards@ kunt u nu tussen 25% en 50% besparen op de
Award Miles die normaal nodig zijn voor award tickets. Dit is onderdeel van een update die u meer keuze geeft voor kortingen op uw award tickets. Om de lancering van deze nieuwe mogelijkheden met Promo Awards@ te vieren, bieden KLM en AIR FRANCE u tijdelijk een speciale korting van 25% op Promo Awards@ naar alle Europese bestemmingen van beide airlines. Dit exclusieve aanbod is als volgt beschikbaar:
Boekingsdata: van 30 oktober tot en met 29 november 2012
Reisdata: van 1 november 2012 tot en met 26 maart 2013
Niet geldig op: 20 december 2012 tot en met 13 januari 2013, 15-16 en 22-23 februari 2013
De bijzondere Promo Awards@ zijn alleen online beschikbaar bij KLM,
AIR FRANCE en onze airline partners, en zijn een van de grootste voordelen van uw Flying Blue-deelname. Doe er uw voordeel mee en bezoek onze populairste bestemmingen in Europa. Promo Awards@ zijn beperkt beschikbaar, maar met de nieuwe mogelijkheden om tussen 25% en 50% te besparen heeft u een grotere kans om een Promo Award@ te vinden die perfect bij uw reisplannen past.
Old Oct 17, 2012, 6:34 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: KL Platinum; A3 Gold
Given that Promo Awards have always previously been marketed as "50% off", let's definitely hope that this "tussen 25% en 50% besparen op de Award Miles die normaal nodig zijn voor award tickets" certainly is a once-off.

As they rightly acknowledge that Promo Awards are "een van de grootste voordelen van uw Flying Blue-deelname", it would be a shame if they reduce the savings from 50% to 25%.
Old Oct 19, 2012, 2:51 am

Programs: Miles and More
So do I undestand it correctly: all Europe flights will be at discount? Including connecting ones? I plan to book a connecting one-way flight on KLM in December. If I can save a few miles - I can wait for 10 days, but if it is only for direct flights (fair enough), I can book it right now. Thanks in advance!
Old Oct 19, 2012, 3:05 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by alexanderrr
So do I undestand it correctly: all Europe flights will be at discount? Including connecting ones?

It never previously was the case, but it looks like they've changed the rules!

There used to be a standard statement in the rules at the bottom saying that connecting flights within Europe were not allowed for the European-only awards. This now reads:

■This award ticket may be used on connecting flights within Europe and on connecting flights from Europe to long-haul flights and vice-versa

The part I've underlined is new and does seem to suggest that connections are allowed (for free) within Europe.

So I'm now guessing that Canary Island to Tel Aviv is one of the best uses (as in longest allowed route) of these miles!!!
Old Oct 19, 2012, 5:47 am

Can't say that I really understand this?
Is it 25% off to all destinations and 50% off to some destinations

‘All-Europe’ Promo Awards@

Promo Awards@ now entitle you to save between 25% and 50% on the Award Miles usually required for award tickets. This is part of a new update that provides more access to discounted award travel. To mark the introduction of this new extended range of Promo Awards@, for a limited time AIR FRANCE and KLM offer you a special discount of 25% on Promo Awards@ to all European destinations served by both airlines. This exclusive offer is available as follows:
■Booking dates: 30 October to 29 November 2012
■Travel dates: 1 November 2012 to 26 March 2013
■Blackout dates: 20 December 2012 to 13 January 2013, 15-16 and

22-23 February 2013
Available exclusively online, the generous Promo Awards@ from

http://www.flyingbluenews.com/news/1...rdssupsup.html
Old Oct 19, 2012, 6:57 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Hannibal Lecter
Can't say that I really understand this?
Is it 25% off to all destinations and 50% off to some destinations
Promo awards usually are offered at a 50% discount.

They are also usually only offered on specific routes - which, for Europe, meant a limited number of specified point-to-point routes only.

However, they are doing something different this time, allowing any route operated by Air France or KLM within Europe to be booked as a Promo Award, and apparently allowing connections for free - i.e. LHR-AMS-TXL would cost the same as either LHR-AMS or AMS-TXL, where normally it would cost the sum of both LHR-AMS and AMS-TXL. (Stated mathematically: (LHR+AMS+TXL) = (LHR+AMS) = (AMS+TXL); where previously it would have been (LHR+AMS+TXL) = (LHR+AMS) + (AMS+TXL)).

As these terms are far more generous than is usually the case, it appears that, for these awards, the reduction (which is normally 50%) may end up being somewhat smaller, but not lower than 25% (but if it is true that connections within Europe are "for free", this will still represents a bigger saving than under the old scheme wher you were unlikely to have both routes (on a connecting journey) appear in the Promo Awards at the same time).
Old Oct 31, 2012, 5:43 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB Platinum, M&M FTL, BA Blue
These don't seem to be loaded up yet..trying to book a CDG-DUS for later in January. I am guessing that 1st November will be a more reliable watershed for trying to book these things.
Old Oct 31, 2012, 5:59 am

Programs: LH SEN, FB Plat., HH D.
Originally Posted by Concerto
These don't seem to be loaded up yet..trying to book a CDG-DUS for later in January. I am guessing that 1st November will be a more reliable watershed for trying to book these things.
Hi Concerto,

I checked this morning SGN and there were promo award seats available in C, in different dates.

(Don´t kill the messenger)
Old Oct 31, 2012, 8:51 am

Originally Posted by Concerto
I saw AMS-SVO at promo Europe3 rates two minutes after 12am on 30th.
Old Oct 31, 2012, 9:14 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Every time the new booking period commences, we have reports that some routes are available while some routes apparently are not (though this may be obscured by poor availability on some routes).

It seems clear that there is no "switch" that they simply throw in order to open up Promo Award availability on all routes simultaneously. And this time, with the intricacy of making EVERY route on AF and KLM's European network available at promo rates, I imagine it will take a little longer than usual.

Last edited by irishguy28; Oct 31, 2012 at 9:48 am Reason: Typos
Old Oct 31, 2012, 9:54 am

Originally Posted by irishguy28
Every time the new booking period commences, we have reports that some routes are available while some routes apparently are not (though this may be obscured by poor availability on some routes).

It seems clear that there is no "switch" that they simply throw in order to open up Promo Award availability on all routes simultaneously. And this time, with the intricacy of making EVERY route on AF and KLM's European network available at promo rates, I imagine it will take a little longer than usual.
That's strange, because I couldn't see this fare at 23:58 on 29th, but after I refreshed at 00:01, it was there.
Old Oct 31, 2012, 10:22 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Try the afore-mentioned CDG-DUS route. There's nothing available at any promo rate on any date during the entire promo travel period (1 November to 26 March) in either direction. Good availability of the normal "classic" award level of 20k return, but no Promo Award availability - yet.

Old Nov 1, 2012, 11:07 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I am just guessing, but it would seem that the promotions are only available on European connecting itineraries, e.g. MAD-AMS-HEL or GVA-AMS-STO. That would mean that CDG-DUS will cost more than say MAN-CDG-DUS. I noticed that other nonstop destinations from CDG or AMS priced out at the normal price.

Is this reasonable, or madness? Do my suppositions have any basis in fact?
Old Nov 2, 2012, 11:00 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Seems to be working now, at least on the CDG-DUS route shown above. Only snag, I can't seem to get 2 passengers on the same flight on the date that I want.. the price shoots up to 12,500 miles plus tax.
Old Nov 5, 2012, 9:13 am

Says affaires on list but only voyageur on promo. Glitch?

One of the advertised routes on promo is Europe123-LOS in affaires only. However when I actually try to book, only voyageur (not advertised) is available on promo and affaires (advertised) is all classic or flex.

Has this happened before on other routes?

Last edited by od2859; Nov 5, 2012 at 9:35 am Reason: Typo

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.