Community
Wiki Posts
Search

FB silver status for free in Italy

Search this Thread

Old Jun 4, 2012, 3:16 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Flying Blue (plat), Eurobonus (gold), Accor (plat), Bonvoy (plat)
FB silver status for free in Italy

http://www.go-flyingblue.it/

Any flight booked for an ivory member on www.airfrance.it or www.klm.it between June 4th and 17th will result in gaining the silver status.
Doesn't seem reserved to Italian residents.
Old Jun 4, 2012, 4:47 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: AF/KL Life Plat, BA GGL+GfL, ALL Plat, Hilton Diam, Marriott Gold, blablablah, etc
Great, more devaluation of FB elite status...
Old Jun 5, 2012, 12:14 am

Programs: LX SEN, AFKL Platinum, BA Bronze,
Originally Posted by orbitmic
Great, more devaluation of FB elite status...
How can something of no value be devalued?

Ok, C check in and extra bagage allowance but other than that...
Old Jun 5, 2012, 3:10 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Did they not already do that a few years ago?
IIRC, the deal then was one level higher than your current level in FB so the current proposition would be a repeat of that but limited to people with currently no status at all.
Old Jun 5, 2012, 6:19 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB , BA Gold
Originally Posted by NickB
Did they not already do that a few years ago?
IIRC, the deal then was one level higher than your current level in FB so the current proposition would be a repeat of that but limited to people with currently no status at all.
Indeed, they had an offer in 2011 that if you bought a ticket in Affaires (even premium affaires), you would be upgraded one elite level.
This one is less generous because it only applies to ivory, but more generous because any flight class would qualify. I think that it was sufficient to pay the ticket to get upgraded, and that refund did not change the level (some Italian friend mentioned).
Then FB followed by a systematic worldwide status march of all FFPs with no purchase needed. Maybe something like that (for silver) is looming.
Old Jun 5, 2012, 7:44 am

Programs: AF/KLM FB Plat, Marriott Bonvoy Gold
^ Nico40 Thanks for the link!
Old Jun 5, 2012, 8:04 am

Programs: Delta Silver, HH Gold, Accor Gold, IHG Platinum
Geesh FB Italia likes giving it away! Do they want to take customers from AZ MM?
Old Jun 5, 2012, 8:35 am

Programs: FB
Considering booking a flight for the heck of it, but as I understand the rules correctly, the Silver status would expire on January 1 2013 already? If so, the added benefits of Silver don't really weigh up to the costs in my case.

Last edited by UncleTom; Jun 5, 2012 at 8:48 am
Old Jun 6, 2012, 2:57 pm

Programs: FB Plat
Silver Elite immediate upgrade (promo until 17/06)

Silver Elite immediate upgrade

All Ivory Flying Blue members who book a flight on www.airfrwnce.it and www.klm.it (Italian website) from June 4 to 17, will have a free upgrade to Silver Elite level.

See details here http://www.go-flyingblue.it/

Don’t you find it a bit “unfair” for all those who struggle to get this status?
Old Jun 6, 2012, 3:48 pm

Programs: FB Silver, BA Silver, BD Gold rememberer, IHG Diamond Royal Ambassador, Hilton and Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by Derbex
Silver Elite immediate upgrade

All Ivory Flying Blue members who book a flight on www.airfrwnce.it and www.klm.it (Italian website) from June 4 to 17, will have a free upgrade to Silver Elite level.

See details here http://www.go-flyingblue.it/

Don’t you find it a bit “unfair” for all those who struggle to get this status?
Apparently, it's not restricted to Italian member, so, no, it's not really unfair since everyone can apply. I don't really see the point of having people use the Italian website instead of their local website, though. And even if I am not concerned, I hope they won't say after the sale that it was restricted to Italians...
Old Jun 6, 2012, 10:11 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB , BA Gold
Originally Posted by Richelieu
Apparently, it's not restricted to Italian member, so, no, it's not really unfair since everyone can apply. I don't really see the point of having people use the Italian website instead of their local website, though. And even if I am not concerned, I hope they won't say after the sale that it was restricted to Italians...
The last promo worked for any member using the italian website. For example, you could book a CDG-LHR flight as a French or US member.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.