Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Is there a Business Case for using Points.com?

Search this Thread

Old May 13, 2012, 1:00 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Shamelessly Gold at Flying Burrito and AirTrain A+ Elite. Turkish Star Gold, 100k at Flying Eskimo
Is there a Business Case for using Points.com?

Anyone here with previous experience / has considered using Points.Com to get ride of useless FlyingBlue miles and exchanging them for something better? Maybe AA miles or UA miles?

Have loads of FB miles that I would like to get ride off in a meaningful way.

Any advice, tip, trap to avoid? What's the spread/fee like for this service?
Is it OK with the T&C of FBlue?

Thanks

Minos
Old May 13, 2012, 1:16 pm
Moderator: Aegean Miles+Bonus

Programs: AFKL Plat, A3 Gold
Why don't you read up on the terms and conditions? Should answer all your questions.

Just out of curiosity, why do you find FB miles useless? They are, for example, very useful for business class trips between EU and US
Old May 13, 2012, 1:22 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Shamelessly Gold at Flying Burrito and AirTrain A+ Elite. Turkish Star Gold, 100k at Flying Eskimo
"They are, for example, very useful for business class trips between EU and US"
Because I have no use for business class seats...

With AF, I always have to fork a boatload of $ to get an award. If I could just exchange them with AA, UA, AS or FL, I could basically fly for miles plus tax.

I understand some might be interested in FB miles. I am not. That's why I find the concept of a mile exchange platform great. I am just asking for some past experience because I am pretty sure I am not the only one having come to this conclusion.

And so far, I find the fees at point.com far too high. Just wondering if someone has found a clever way to use the system or a better exchange platform.

Minos

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.