Search

Am I being given bum information ?

Search this Thread

Old Jan 9, 2012, 12:46 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Lifetime Platinum
Am I being given bum information ?

Hi Guys...(and gals )
I called the helpdesk this afternoon. My wife and I have decided to escape the Olympics...(sorry about that to all you enthusiasts.)
I'm looking for 2 x Business Class seats on an open jaw itinerary as follows ;
AMS (lot less cheaper taxes than out of Heathrow) to Vancouver with a stopover in Minneapolis...end July..early August, and ,
LAX back to AMS...end of August.
The guy told me...'nothing available, and Delta won't open up seats for at least a month or so'
Does this sound correct....even with my 'Elite for Life' status etc. etc.
Thanks for any input. Mike.
Old Jan 9, 2012, 3:52 pm

Programs: DL Plat, Marriott Gold
Delta is notoriously tight with availability. In their own program, they offer low, medium, and high redemption levels, with low availability very difficult. Unfortunately they only offer the "low" level seats to FlyingBlue members. I'd suggest playing around on DL's website and find a date with low-redemption level availability and see if there are any dates that work.

For what its worth, I've been told the same by the FlyingBlue folks - DL often only releases inventory very late if at all. They are clearly frustrated by it as well.

All that said, KL usually has very good award availability to the cities that they serve, so you may consider buying a ticket to Chicago, Toronto, Montreal, etc. to avoid DL all together.
Old Jan 10, 2012, 5:23 am
Moderator: Flying Blue (Air France & KLM)

Programs: Flying Blue (AF/KL)
It used to be the case that DL awards for FB members where hard to come by. It would appear that this is still the case. It is a shame that nothing has been done about it yet.

I try to glance at the DL-forum every now and then but they do not seem to have problems obtaining awards on AF/KL. Not sure if anyone can confirm this?

Gajan
Old Jan 10, 2012, 11:24 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Gajan
It used to be the case that DL awards for FB members where hard to come by. It would appear that this is still the case. It is a shame that nothing has been done about it yet.

I try to glance at the DL-forum every now and then but they do not seem to have problems obtaining awards on AF/KL. Not sure if anyone can confirm this?

Gajan
It's more than a shame...I find it totally unacceptable...as a major partner, it should be a level playing field for all participants.
Old Jan 10, 2012, 12:19 pm
Original Poster

?

I've managed to find a rather inconvenient flight, but is there a way on the web to 'hold it' for three days , like over the phone ? (The desk is now closed.) I don't see an option to do this with a reward ticket

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.