Wiki Posts
Search

Credited miles on AF with DL flts

Search this Thread

Old Dec 6, 2011, 3:26 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AF Plat a vie, EK Gold, SQ PPS
Credited miles on AF with DL flts

Hi, I just completed a trip on DL booked in Business (S) class; however, I was credited on my FB account with S 100 % (plus the elite bonus) but no extra credit for travelling in business. Isn't this confusing that DL "S" class is in business and AF "S" is full-fare economy (or Abonnés)? Is there a glitch because of this that prevented me from getting the business bonus?
Old Dec 6, 2011, 11:16 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
It's a glitch, annoying for sure. You have to write to FB and send your e-ticket copy + original BP. Or first, you may want to try by phone to explain your case to the FB agent. It could avoid you to send all the paperwork.
Old Dec 7, 2011, 7:57 am

The system must have confused with the S (abonnés), because usually even on DL flight, FB apply the correct fare class. (i.e. a month ago : DL 2465 MSP DFW F 150 %)
Old Dec 8, 2011, 9:24 am

Programs: Flying Blue (LTPE) All (Gold)
Originally Posted by Catusa
Hi, I just completed a trip on DL booked in Business (S) class; however, I was credited on my FB account with S 100 % (plus the elite bonus) but no extra credit for travelling in business. Isn't this confusing that DL "S" class is in business and AF "S" is full-fare economy (or Abonnés)? Is there a glitch because of this that prevented me from getting the business bonus?
On Delta S is 125%EQM (business)
On Air France S is 125% EQM, also. (Premium Voyageur)
So you should earn 125%, not 100%.
Old Jan 29, 2012, 3:15 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by delanotre
On Delta S is 125%EQM (business)
On Air France S is 125% EQM, also. (Premium Voyageur)
So you should earn 125%, not 100%.
Is that true?
According to the FAQ1, the class of service bonus for biz or first counts towards Level Miles for AF flights only. This is confusing because the FB website does not suggest this anywhere.
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/15567596-post2.html
Old Jan 30, 2012, 1:41 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: KL Platinum; A3 Gold
It's unhelpful to use the term "class of service bonus".

Depending on your fare code, you get a fixed number of Award Miles and Level Miles - typically 25%, 50%, 75% or 100% for economy, and 100%, 125%, 150%, or more for classes higher than Economy.

There is no bonus - only the fixed earning rate associated with the fare code. (Which in the OP's case should have been 125%, not 100%)

In Flying Blue, you get bonus miles (Award Miles only, not Level Miles) depending on your status only.

There is no "bonus" for class of service, per se.
Old Jan 30, 2012, 1:50 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: KL Platinum; A3 Gold
Originally Posted by izzik
According to the FAQ1, the class of service bonus for biz or first counts towards Level Miles for AF flights only. This is confusing because the FB website does not suggest this anywhere.
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/15567596-post2.html
I agree that the wording in that FAQ post is a bit ambiguous.

I can only assume that the "(AF-only)" is supposed to refer to the offering of First Class - not as regards mileage earning - "first class (AF-only)" given that only Air France offers a First Class.

However, I don't know what is meant by "the bonus miles for flying business class". It should not state this, but instead of talking about "discount percentages", it should talk only about "percentages" - whether 25%, 50%, 75%, 100%, 125%, 150%, 200%, or 300%, only.
Old Jan 30, 2012, 9:12 am
Marriott Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by irishguy28
I agree that the wording in that FAQ post is a bit ambiguous.

I can only assume that the "(AF-only)" is supposed to refer to the offering of First Class - not as regards mileage earning - "first class (AF-only)" given that only Air France offers a First Class.

However, I don't know what is meant by "the bonus miles for flying business class". It should not state this, but instead of talking about "discount percentages", it should talk only about "percentages" - whether 25%, 50%, 75%, 100%, 125%, 150%, 200%, or 300%, only.
Thanks. I agree, it is ambiguous.. there are other Skyteam members that offer First Class (eg, Korean Air, China Airlines, etc).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.