Community
Wiki Posts
Search

The dentists waiting room

Search this Thread

Old Sep 20, 2011, 1:01 pm
Original Poster

Programs: FB Plat for life, FB PC, M&M FT, Hertz President (+ many low tier cards)
The dentists waiting room

Ladies and Gentlemen. Zembla proudly presents the dentists waiting room in Lagos, Nigeria. I took the picture before the dentists waiting room was so filled that people had to stand. It got really stuffy. Thankfully the waiting patients were offered a cool drink...which was warm.

This picture was actually taken recently in the outstation lounge on one of the most profitable routes for KLM and AF. Their lounge in LOS. As you can see, this picture has been taken after an amazing refurbishment which took months.
Old Sep 20, 2011, 1:39 pm

Programs: LX SEN, AFKL Platinum, BA Bronze,
Originally Posted by Zembla
Ladies and Gentlemen. Zembla proudly presents the dentists waiting room in Lagos, Nigeria. I took the picture before the dentists waiting room was so filled that people had to stand. It got really stuffy. Thankfully the waiting patients were offered a cool drink...which was warm.

This picture was actually taken recently in the outstation lounge on one of the most profitable routes for KLM and AF. Their lounge in LOS. As you can see, this picture has been taken after an amazing refurbishment which took months.

Interesting to see the signature AF lounge table at LOS - this must be an AF lounge, not 3rd party lounge, even more amazing.
Old Sep 20, 2011, 4:33 pm

Programs: FB Plat & DL KM, Le Club Plat, GHA Plat, HHonors Diamond

http://picpaste.com/pics/LOS_lounge.1316545239.JPG

That signature AF lounge armchair and desk is the dedicated area for la premiere passengers :-D
Old Sep 21, 2011, 5:52 am

Programs: FB
They sure went all out on this one!
Old Sep 21, 2011, 11:27 am

Programs: Flying Blue: Platinum for Life Elite Plus - EuroBonus: Gold
Can't see the picture
Old Sep 21, 2011, 12:05 pm

Programs: Delta Silver, HH Gold, Accor Gold, IHG Platinum
Originally Posted by strikerbird
Can't see the picture
http://picpaste.com/pics/LOS_lounge.1316545239.JPG
Old Sep 22, 2011, 6:55 am

Programs: Many

Was the dental care good after the waiting? What the dentist did offer you to rinse your mouth out? And most imoportant thing : was the dentist's seat flully flat or slippery?
Old Sep 22, 2011, 11:28 am

Amazing! Same seat as in most other lounges worldwide, I love it that AF is so careful to offer a consistent product .

... I wonder how this one seat (and the sister lamp) made it from some old lounge somewhere else to Lagos, it is hilarious to see... one!

The outposts in Africa are certainly special...
Old Sep 22, 2011, 12:41 pm

Programs: FB, MM, QM, ES, KF & LP / HH, HGP & SPG
I can't imagine how a thing like this is... not fixed. Well, I've seen much worse lounges, but for an AF/KL lounge... still like that after the refurbishment, pff..
Old Sep 22, 2011, 1:59 pm

Programs: QF Gold, WY Gold
If this is the lounge, what on earth is the main terminal like?
Old Sep 22, 2011, 3:58 pm

Programs: FB, MM, QM, ES, KF & LP / HH, HGP & SPG
Originally Posted by Yachtman
Actually, from what I see it looks quite nice...
Old Sep 22, 2011, 4:27 pm

Programs: QF Gold, WY Gold
Originally Posted by 31dany
Actually, from what I see it looks quite nice...
Are my expectations unreasonably high?
Old Sep 23, 2011, 3:56 am

Programs: Oneworld sapphire (IB)
Are my expectations unreasonably high?
No, your expectations seem perfectly normal, this is less then in a former communist airport .... terrible
Old Sep 23, 2011, 4:20 am
Original Poster

Programs: FB Plat for life, FB PC, M&M FT, Hertz President (+ many low tier cards)
LOS main terminal is not bad. Lines are long but staff is friendly and helpful. Also immigration and customs are correct an polite. Once you're through security you'd find airside surprisingly spacious. (Not the overcrowded dentists waiting room though.) There are a few bars of which one is actually very nice. Tax free is considerably more expensive than buying things in town. The worst part of LOS is an anarchic rugby scrum when boarding, because the gates do not have enough space. Go late to the gate to avoid that. But overall not bad and that, can I say pathetic waiting room vibe from my link is what you get in the AF/KL lounge.

Most of all, you should see the BA lounge at LOS. It's excellent.

Last edited by Zembla; Sep 23, 2011 at 4:28 am

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.