Wiki Posts
Search

"Europe 1/2/3" for Flying Blue award

Search this Thread

Old Dec 29, 2010, 7:02 pm
Original Poster

Programs: big pimpin'
"Europe 1/2/3" for Flying Blue award

Noticed a lot of the Flying Blue awards list as the destination "Europe 1/2/3" such as in "Europe 1/2/3 - Chicago (and v.v.)"....which destinations correspond to Europe 1/2/3?

I asume CDG and AMS, but what about central Europe or, as an extreme, IST?

Thanks
Old Dec 29, 2010, 7:13 pm

Programs: A number, but no status no more
Hi,

Originally Posted by arfgoblue
Noticed a lot of the Flying Blue awards list as the destination "Europe 1/2/3" such as in "Europe 1/2/3 - Chicago (and v.v.)"....which destinations correspond to Europe 1/2/3?

I asume CDG and AMS, but what about central Europe or, as an extreme, IST?

Thanks
From a now unpublished page on AF.com (in French unfortunately):

Europe 1 : Allemagne, Belgique, France, Irlande, Pays-Bas, Royaume-Uni, Suisse

Europe 2 : Autriche, Danemark, Espagne, Finlande, Italie, Malte, Norvège, Portugal, Suède.

Europe 3 : Albanie, Algérie, Bulgarie, Canaries, Chypre, Croatie, Estonie, Grèce, Hongrie, Israel, Libye, Lettonie, Lituanie, Maroc, Pologne, République Tchèque, Roumanie, Russie Ouest, Slovaquie, Slovénie, Turquie, Tunisie, Ukraine, Biélorussie, Bosnie-Herzégovine, Macédoine et Serbie.
So, yes, in theory, even IST.

Cheers,

GenevaFlyer
Old Dec 30, 2010, 1:18 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by GenevaFlyer

So, yes, in theory, even IST.
Thanks for the prompt reply! ^

What do you mean by "in theory"?

I know i would need to get saver availability (if it is a saver award) on all segments, but other than that it looks rather straightforward...no?
Old Dec 30, 2010, 3:31 am
FM

Programs: LeClub Accorhotels Platinum. SPG Gold.
Originally Posted by GenevaFlyer
From a now unpublished page on AF.com (in French unfortunately):
Thank you.

Luxembourg is not on the list - but I would assume that it counts as "Europe 1"?
Old Dec 30, 2010, 4:44 am

Programs: FB Gold
Great post - once again - thanks Mokshu! Mods: maybe worth make it a sticky or update the FAQ's?
Happy New Year to all FB-Members here @ FT!

Last edited by KL803; Dec 30, 2010 at 4:48 am Reason: FAQ hint included
Old Dec 31, 2010, 4:18 am

Programs: BA Gold · A3 Gold · DL Gold · VY apologist
Originally Posted by KL803
Great post - once again - thanks Mokshu! Mods: maybe worth make it a sticky or update the FAQ's?
Done. Due to a slightly goofy way of dealing with stickied posts, Mokshu's extremely helpful post can now be found here: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/flyin...e-1-2-3-a.html
Old Jan 4, 2011, 9:39 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by alanw
Done. Due to a slightly goofy way of dealing with stickied posts, Mokshu's extremely helpful post can now be found here: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/flyin...e-1-2-3-a.html
Thanks, and thanks Mokshu. Great post!
Old Jan 9, 2011, 4:13 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Why on Earth would IST be a surprise to anyone. Forgetting the debate about the percentage of Turkey which is physically in Europe, IST airport where AF and KL fly IS IN FACT IN EUROPE. So why would there be any such questions?
Old Jan 10, 2011, 5:05 am

Originally Posted by hfly
Why on Earth would IST be a surprise to anyone. Forgetting the debate about the percentage of Turkey which is physically in Europe, IST airport where AF and KL fly IS IN FACT IN EUROPE. So why would there be any such questions?
Ja, das IST die frage.

Perhaps the answer is that for many Europe is a state of mind and culture, not just a question of border edge geography and wishful thinking.

Last time I checked Turkey was a EurASIAN country stretching to the Far East of the EU's most Eastern basket case member, Greece. During the past years one could argue that in mental terms Turkey has even been moving further and further east for most people in Europe.

And, then again KLM's groupings may not follow any logic that we have at all making such questions even more reasonable.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.