Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air France, KLM, and Other Partners | Flying Blue
Reload this Page >

Amazing Offer from FlyingBlue Italia - Jump an Elite Level

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Oct 5, 2010, 7:48 am
Original Poster

Programs: FlyingBlue Platinum, Miles&More Senator, bmi Diamond Club Silver, Marriott Gold Elite, SPG

I just received this email from FB. It's in Italian, but basically says that you must buy a ticket online at www.airfrance.it between Oct 5 at 11am until Oct 11 at 9pm in Premium Voyageur, Business, or La Premiere for travel until the Oct 31, 2010 (or in the case of many African destinations, until the end of November). Then, you must email your name, FB number, Air France confirmation number, and Air France ticket number to [email protected] your elite status will be bumped to the next level. So, if you are Ivory, you go immediately to Silver, from Silver you will go to Gold, and from Gold to Platinum. Interesting offer.

http://www.airfrance.it/IT/it/local/...o_FB_cards.htm
Old Oct 5, 2010, 8:57 am

Programs: FB Platinum
Rather surprised this hasn't generated more interest here. If it is genuine (I don't speak Italian but I have no reason to doubt the OP) this is one hell of an offer.
Presumably this is targeted at Italian residents but I wonder if the offer would be honoured for other nationalities? Nothing to stop one booking a ticket through another country's website I guess.

As it happens my next flight takes me over the Plat threshold so not a lot of use to me (unless perhaps the bump to Plat would happen before the flight so I would accrue more miles on the flight itself?)

nickyboy
Old Oct 5, 2010, 9:05 am

Programs: AF Frequence Plus Rouge pour toujours, BAEC Gold, HHonors Diamond, BW Rewards Diamond
From what it says in Italian I don't see anything that states that the cardholder must reside in Italy. And yes, I took a screenshot

UTA

Edit: I speak fluent Italian
Old Oct 5, 2010, 9:13 am
Original Poster

Programs: FlyingBlue Platinum, Miles&More Senator, bmi Diamond Club Silver, Marriott Gold Elite, SPG
Yes, of course I also speak Italian. It says nothing about where you live or don't live. It makes no mention of anything. I received it in my email and when I click on it, it gives you 2 options: Read the Rules, which is the link I attached, and the other regarding sample fares. Looks like Cairo and Beirut are under 980 euros roundtrip in Premium Voyageur. Too bad it's not possible to upgrade from PV to Business!
Old Oct 5, 2010, 9:14 am

Programs: AF Frequence Plus Rouge pour toujours, BAEC Gold, HHonors Diamond, BW Rewards Diamond
Bello, grazie X la trovata!

UTA
Old Oct 5, 2010, 9:19 am
Original Poster

Prego. l'unica cosa. sono interessato da sapere se il nuovo livello è solo per quest'anno 2010, oppurre a continuare come normale fino al febbraio 2012. non è scritto su website neanche in email. hmmmmmm
Old Oct 5, 2010, 9:21 am

Un'altra cosa, non dice che non e valido X un viaggio solo andata...

UTA
Old Oct 5, 2010, 9:28 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: AF/KL Life Plat, BA GGL+GfL, ALL Plat, Hilton Diam, Marriott Gold, blablablah, etc
Originally Posted by TravellinHusker
Too bad it's not possible to upgrade from PV to Business!
Why do you say that?? It is perfectly possible to upgrade from Premium Voyageur to J. As always there are restrictions about which booking classes you can do it from but it is possible from booking classes S and W (see relevant thread on this forum)
Old Oct 5, 2010, 9:55 am

Programs: BA GGL, British Midland Lifetime* Loser
How long would this higher status last? Until 1 Jan?
Old Oct 5, 2010, 10:00 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by orbitmic
Why do you say that?? It is perfectly possible to upgrade from Premium Voyageur to J. As always there are restrictions about which booking classes you can do it from but it is possible from booking classes S and W (see relevant thread on this forum)
I called FB and was told that there are no upgrades permitted from PV to Business using miles. Period. And, I looked in Amadeus and there it is. No upgrades from PV to Business. Seems strange to me.
Old Oct 5, 2010, 10:04 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by UTA_flyinghigh
Un'altra cosa, non dice che non e valido X un viaggio solo andata...

UTA
infatti.. non dice tra solo andata o ritorno. ma non posso imaginare di andare a Cairo solo andata.. ommidio! voglio un ritorno..

ho inviato un email a FlyingBlue Italia per chiedere se il nuovo livello è valido solo per quest'anno o come normale.
(I have sent an email to FlyingBlue Italy asking if the new level is only valid until the end of this year or if it goes through Feb 2012.)

I will update as I know the answer.
Old Oct 5, 2010, 10:06 am

Programs: FlyingBlue Silver
This is one of the times I wish I had enough money for a ticket
I wouldn't mind being gold for a while.
Old Oct 5, 2010, 1:01 pm

Programs: FB-LTPE
Yes, of course I also speak Italian. It says nothing about where you live or don't live. It makes no mention of anything. I received it in my email and when I click on it, it gives you 2 options: Read the Rules, which is the link I attached, and the other regarding sample fares. Looks like Cairo and Beirut are under 980 euros roundtrip in Premium Voyageur. Too bad it's not possible to upgrade from PV to Business!
It sounds too good to be true - like those 10 euro RyanAir tickets that are always sold out (except when you book months in advance and don't care when you fly - which is not an option in this case). It would be great to hear of a FFer that makes this deal
Old Oct 6, 2010, 6:44 am
Original Poster

I just spoke to FlyingBlue Italia and they confirmed that if you purchase before the deadline and email your data to the address listed on the site, you will be bumped up to the next level and it will run through Feb 2012. The promotion is now being advertized directly on www.airfrance.it in the bottom right corner where it says PROMOZIONE FLYING BLUE.
Old Oct 6, 2010, 6:46 am

infatti.. non dice tra solo andata o ritorno. ma non posso imaginare di andare a Cairo solo andata.. ommidio! voglio un ritorno..
Anch'io pero se soltanto un'andata e possibile, puoi fare il ritorno come redemption e spendere meno soldi

UTA

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.