Community
Wiki Posts
Search

AF A380 inaugural: JFK it is, November 09!

Search this Thread

Old Jul 25, 2009, 4:53 am

Programs: UA 1MM 1K/AF Plat/Marriott Titanium/Hertz PC (who isn't?)/National Exec Elite/CFA Signature
Ok, let's clarify

Originally Posted by MegatopLover
It sounds like you're suggesting that AF 6 will go A380 with effect from Nov. 23rd. But what you wrote could be interpretted the other way-- people need not worry about seat assignments because they're not going to change, or people need not worry because whatever you've got on the 773 seatplan won't matter as a 773 won't be flying then. Which is it?

Monday is the 23rd. The 21st is Saturday.

Are folks expecting AF to maintain four dailies CDG-JFK? Or is AF expected to "consolidate" capacity by upguaging one flight and eliminating another, then juggling the schedule?
Ok, sorry for the misleading allusion. Let's clarify: starting November 23rd, AF6 will be operated with the 388 (and probably merged with AF10)
Old Jul 25, 2009, 5:12 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: AF/KL Life Plat, BA GGL+GfL, ALL Plat, Hilton Diam, Marriott Gold, blablablah, etc
Sounds good but can you tell us what the source is? Many thanks!
Old Jul 25, 2009, 5:25 am

Programs: UA 1MM 1K/AF Plat/Marriott Titanium/Hertz PC (who isn't?)/National Exec Elite/CFA Signature
Protecting sources ;-) !

Originally Posted by orbitmic
Sounds good but can you tell us what the source is? Many thanks!
Hi orbitmic,

Let's just say I'm close enough to certain people at AF. I rarely post, but the few pieces of information I've been given in the past (and which I posted here) have always proved right... This time should be no exception which is why I already booked (although not on the inaugural).

Anyway, it seems the word has been spreading: AF6 on 23NOV already shows T9V0.
Old Jul 25, 2009, 6:17 am

Hmmm I just noticed my reservation on Nov. 29 for AF 10 went from B747 to A343. Yuck!!! Whoever said AF 10 will merge with AF 6, I hope you are RIGHT!!!
Old Jul 25, 2009, 6:31 am

Programs: AA EXP, DL DM, SPG Plat, Hilton Gold
And I assume AF7 will be the return using A380?
Old Jul 25, 2009, 6:34 am

Originally Posted by mizzou miles
And I assume AF7 will be the return using A380?
According to my sources, yes, it will.
Old Jul 25, 2009, 6:36 am

Originally Posted by bangkokiscool
Hmmm I just noticed my reservation on Nov. 29 for AF 10 went from B747 to A343. Yuck!!! Whoever said AF 10 will merge with AF 6, I hope you are RIGHT!!!
Although I'd say AF6/388 is a 99% certainty, the fact that it will be merged with AF10 would rather be 75%.

But then you could simply switch flights...
Old Jul 25, 2009, 8:19 am

Programs: DL SkyMiles PM/2MM, AA Plat, IC Diam. Amb., Peninsula regular, amanjunkie
Thanks for the clarification.

If AF does consolidate flights, would other flights get re-timed or stay where they are?
Old Jul 25, 2009, 10:37 am

If AF does consolidate flights, would other flights get re-timed or stay where they are?
Don't know but will ask if/when I get a chance.
Old Jul 25, 2009, 12:07 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Gold AAdvantage Elite, Rapids Reward
Originally Posted by Gate45
According to my sources, yes, it will.
Are you absolutely sure about this?
Old Jul 25, 2009, 1:39 pm

Right now I am scheduled for AF 8 in early December, leaving CDG at 7:10 pm.

If they combine Flt 6 and 10, how would that affect AF 8?

I bought the ticket through Delta and this segment is an Air France code share.

As a Delta Plat (Skyteam Elite Plus) is there any way to reschedule to the an earlier A380 flight without paying some huge fee?

I know for Delta they have free SDC (Same Day Confirmed) for Platinum elite fliers...any chance Air France would extend the same curtesy?
Old Jul 25, 2009, 1:53 pm

Programs: A3/Gold, BA/Gold + other less precious metals
Originally Posted by Burj
Right now I am scheduled for AF 8 in early December, leaving CDG at 7:10 pm.

If they combine Flt 6 and 10, how would that affect AF 8?
They might bring it slightly forward but that particular flight is very popular, precisely because of the departure time so I am not sure they will significantly change it.

I bought the ticket through Delta and this segment is an Air France code share.

As a Delta Plat (Skyteam Elite Plus) is there any way to reschedule to the an earlier A380 flight without paying some huge fee?
FYI, ALL DL-coded flights CDG-JFK and v.v. are operated by AF. DL no longer operates its own metal on that route.

I know for Delta they have free SDC (Same Day Confirmed) for Platinum elite fliers...any chance Air France would extend the same curtesy?
Nothing to do with your status. AF does not operate any such policy, incl. for its own frequent flyers. It has everything to do with the fare you purchased.
Old Jul 25, 2009, 8:05 pm

Originally Posted by nomad1974
They might bring it slightly forward but that particular flight is very popular, precisely because of the departure time so I am not sure they will significantly change it.

FYI, ALL DL-coded flights CDG-JFK and v.v. are operated by AF. DL no longer operates its own metal on that route.

Nothing to do with your status. AF does not operate any such policy, incl. for its own frequent flyers. It has everything to do with the fare you purchased.
Thanks for all the information, I really appreciate it. I'm sure my fare is pretty low as I didn't pay much for the ticket, so I guess getting moved to the A380 flight is not very likely.
Old Jul 25, 2009, 8:07 pm

Programs: AA EXP, A3 Gold
I really hope it is AF6/7 that gets the A380. I've got those flights booked for New Year's.
Old Jul 26, 2009, 3:05 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: AF/KL Life Plat, BA GGL+GfL, ALL Plat, Hilton Diam, Marriott Gold, blablablah, etc
Originally Posted by justforfun
I really hope it is AF6/7 that gets the A380. I've got those flights booked for New Year's.
It always seemed the logical choice for many of us (although indeed, others thought AF10/11 was more likely). Theonly thing I had wondered was whether would 'symbolically charge' the new flight by recreating an AF1/2 for the A380 as this disappeared with the Concorde. I personally think it would have been a clever move although I have no doubt many Concorde users/fans would have resented this (I sadly never took it so I wouldn't mind!)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.