Wiki Posts
Search

New level of insult

Search this Thread

Old Mar 26, 2009, 12:19 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Discretely with AA-G AFFB-C2 UA-EP LHLX-S HH-D
New level of insult

AF are clearly looking for new degrees of "fragilisation" of Club 2000 customers, and in this they have been very successfully.

On checking a booking on www.airfrance.nl just now, and logged in as C2000, doing what I have done frequently for 10+ years, I was brazenly told this, on an error screen:

"You can no longer access this service from this computer.
If you wish to renew access rights, please send an e-mail to the following address [email protected], quoting reference IP10.162.253.52
Your access will be reactivated within 48 hours. "

I always thought Parisian waiters were the rudest people in the world, until I realised that they have been replaced, so it seems, by AF staff.

Bien fragilise,

Paul
Old Mar 26, 2009, 1:45 pm

access

My access to AF site went also down, even before I loaded my ID.
Old Mar 27, 2009, 2:16 am

Programs: FB Silver, BA Silver, BD Gold rememberer, IHG Diamond Royal Ambassador, Hilton and Marriott Gold
I'd say it looks more like a computer failure than a FFP failure...
Old Mar 27, 2009, 2:54 am
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: AY Plat (OWE), Bonvoy Gold, ALL Silver
Originally Posted by PaulRO
AF are clearly looking for new degrees of "fragilisation" of Club 2000 customers, and in this they have been very successfully.

On checking a booking on www.airfrance.nl just now, and logged in as C2000, doing what I have done frequently for 10+ years, I was brazenly told this, on an error screen:

"You can no longer access this service from this computer.
If you wish to renew access rights, please send an e-mail to the following address [email protected], quoting reference IP10.162.253.52
Your access will be reactivated within 48 hours. "

I always thought Parisian waiters were the rudest people in the world, until I realised that they have been replaced, so it seems, by AF staff.

Bien fragilise,

Paul
I honestly can't see how you can be so easily insulted by a web error? Do you also react this way everytime you get a HTTP 404 ERROR and if so maybe you are not quite ready for the internet
Old Mar 27, 2009, 3:36 am
Moderator: Flying Blue (Air France & KLM), France and TravelBuzz!

Location: Paris, France, AF F+ Rouge pour toujours, Flying Blue whatever, LH FTL, HHonors Gold, formerly proud SCC Executive, now IC Ambassador, BA down to nobody, Grand Voyageur Le Club
Just a kind reminder that we should refrain from personal comments. Thanks for your understanding.

Jouy31
AF/KL co-moderator
Old Mar 27, 2009, 3:43 am

Computers

It seems to depend on computers :

Today at my company I connected without any problem. I then tried with the laptop and the vodafone card, and it jammed with the above mentionned message.

Maybe something wrong with the navigator (laptop uses explorer, desk one mozilla).
Old Mar 27, 2009, 4:34 am

Programs: A number, but no status no more
Hi,

It could actually be related to network address translation. The IP reference given (if this is an IP address reference) is a "private" address. Thus AF's computers cannot resolve it to an owner should they ever need to investigate illegal behavior. It could be that your mobile card doesn't provide a public address.

Cheers,

GenevaFlyer
Old Mar 27, 2009, 5:19 am

Programs: UA LT Gold, Air France Platinum Ulti, AA 4MM EXP, SPG Lifetime Plat, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond
Why does what looks like a very common internet or website bug, gives an excuse to anyone to lash out his antifrench or anti parisian feelings?
I find this very offensive.
Old Mar 27, 2009, 6:35 am
Moderator: Flying Blue (Air France & KLM), France and TravelBuzz!

Location: Paris, France, AF F+ Rouge pour toujours, Flying Blue whatever, LH FTL, HHonors Gold, formerly proud SCC Executive, now IC Ambassador, BA down to nobody, Grand Voyageur Le Club
It looks as if this thread has run its course.

Jouy31
AF/KL co-moderator

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.