Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air France, KLM, and Other Partners | Flying Blue > Air France Frequence Plus
Reload this Page >

Lounge Access at Air France lounge at CDG for non-elite Sky Team FF members

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Feb 7, 2009, 8:23 am
Original Poster

Programs: Aeroplan SE AND 1MM, HHonors Gold, Marriott Bonvoy Platinum , L'Accor Platinum

My sister-in-law is a basic Continental One Pass member. She will be flying on AF (economy cabin) between Canada and India in each direction. For each layerover in Paris, she is wondering about lounge access (as with US Continental lounges - she can get access after paying an entry fee). If the answer is no to the AF lounge, then the question is whether she can have lounge access to any other (contract?) lounges at CDG for a one-time fee.

PS-She is not interested in becoming a Priority Pass member (although I am a member, by virtue of my Canadian Aeroplus Platinum AMEX card benefit).
Old Feb 7, 2009, 9:33 am
Moderator: Flying Blue (Air France & KLM), France and TravelBuzz!

Location: Paris, France, AF F+ Rouge pour toujours, Flying Blue whatever, LH FTL, HHonors Gold, formerly proud SCC Executive, now IC Ambassador, BA down to nobody, Grand Voyageur Le Club
Originally Posted by FlyerGoldII
My sister-in-law is a basic Continental One Pass member. She will be flying on AF (economy cabin) between Canada and India in each direction. For each layerover in Paris, she is wondering about lounge access (as with US Continental lounges - she can get access after paying an entry fee). If the answer is no to the AF lounge, then the question is whether she can have lounge access to any other (contract?) lounges at CDG for a one-time fee.

PS-She is not interested in becoming a Priority Pass member (although I am a member, by virtue of my Canadian Aeroplus Platinum AMEX card benefit).
Unfortunately, there is no lounge option available for her. The most relaxing place available would be the bar on the ground floor of the Sheraton, at the center of CDG2.
Old Feb 7, 2009, 10:15 am
Original Poster

Programs: Aeroplan SE AND 1MM, HHonors Gold, Marriott Bonvoy Platinum , L'Accor Platinum
Originally Posted by JOUY31
Unfortunately, there is no lounge option available for her. The most relaxing place available would be the bar on the ground floor of the Sheraton, at the center of CDG2.

Are there any airside (in the terminal building) hotel rooms available? Or failing that, are there any airside shower facilities available?

Last edited by FlyerGoldII; Feb 7, 2009 at 10:20 am
Old Feb 7, 2009, 10:33 am

Location: Paris, France, AF F+ Rouge pour toujours, Flying Blue whatever, LH FTL, HHonors Gold, formerly proud SCC Executive, now IC Ambassador, BA down to nobody, Grand Voyageur Le Club
Originally Posted by FlyerGoldII
Are there any airside (in the terminal building) hotel rooms available? Or failing that, are there any airside shower facilities available?
Unless I am mistaken, unfortunately no. Landside, the most affordable option would be a day room at the IBIS, reachable via a 5mn automated shuttle ride from CDG2. The day room at the Sheraton is rather pricey.
Old Feb 7, 2009, 7:41 pm

Programs: UA lifetime gold; Hilton Gold; Marriott/SPG Plat; Hyatt Discoverist
there is a continental lounge in CDG. Not sure if she could purchase a day pass and not sure if she will be able to enter the secure area.
Old Feb 8, 2009, 2:01 am

The CO lounge is located in 2A. Security staff should not let her go into 2A without a boarding pass for a flight leaving from 2A.
Old Feb 8, 2009, 3:29 pm

Programs: M&M SEN, Flying Blue Platinum, Executive Club nobody, Hilton Gold, Sol Melia MAS Gold
there are public bathrooms with showers at cdg
there are plenty of hotels nearby where you could look for a resonable rate for a day room, but there will be no lounge access for her
Old Feb 9, 2009, 1:30 am
aw

Programs: TK Miles & Smiles, CM ConnectMiles, AA Advantage
The IBIS CDG was selling rooms for 49EUR. There are two properties located close to the hotel. One of them is accessible through RER and is adjacent to the Hilton. The other has a free shuttle service between the airport and hotel. I think this would be the cheapest option if she wants to take a shower and a nap in between a long layover.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.