Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Thank You AF

Search this Thread

Old Dec 31, 2007, 4:17 am
Original Poster

Programs: EI Silver, AF Ivory, SPG Gold, HH, IHG Priority Club, Choice Privileges
Thank You AF

Last week had a one hour delay out of CDG to DUB, then 3 days later received an email from Freq Plus that my account was being credited with 1000 miles

With most companies nowadays, you are lucky to get even an explanation as to why a delay happened...and they normally blame the incoming aircraft, as if the aircraft has a mind of its own ..!!!

But this is really appreciated by me, as it shows a company who have their eye on the ball as far as customer relations are concerned
Old Dec 31, 2007, 5:41 am

Programs: FB Plat for life, FB PC, M&M FT, Hertz President (+ many low tier cards)
That is a nice gesture indeed. It's this sort of detail that makes one feel apreciated by the airline too.

However...If I had 1000 miles for every hour delay I had with AF...it might have been enough to do a return in F to SIN or something...
Old Dec 31, 2007, 8:22 am

Dont hold your breath.. they might remove them after a few days

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=771545
Old Dec 31, 2007, 8:28 am
Moderator: Flying Blue (Air France & KLM), France and TravelBuzz!

Location: Paris, France, AF F+ Rouge pour toujours, Flying Blue whatever, LH FTL, HHonors Gold, formerly proud SCC Executive, now IC Ambassador, BA down to nobody, Grand Voyageur Le Club
Originally Posted by festis21
Dont hold your breath.. they might remove them after a few days

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=771545
No, they won't

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/showp...5&postcount=10

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=583875

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/showt...ht=miles+delay

Originally Posted by flame
an email from Freq Plus
Nice to have you back, we've missed you
Old Jan 1, 2008, 4:29 pm

If im not mistaken... those posts you mention are from 2006
Old Jan 1, 2008, 4:50 pm

Location: Paris, France, AF F+ Rouge pour toujours, Flying Blue whatever, LH FTL, HHonors Gold, formerly proud SCC Executive, now IC Ambassador, BA down to nobody, Grand Voyageur Le Club
If im not mistaken... those posts you mention are from 2006
Yes, that was the time AF implemented this new policy.
Old Jan 2, 2008, 12:06 am

Programs: QR Silver, BA Silver, FB Gold
I got 4000 miles for the delay of AF 009 JFK --> CDG on December 25.

And that was already after receiving an unexpected upgrade to J class, even though I was travelling on a DL ticket / flight numbers (T class).

We boarded more or less on time, but pushed back late from the gate. Wasn't that much of a delay by today's standards. Maybe 45 minutes? Not quite sure: I was too busy sipping the champagne they kept pushing on me, and so was already flying long before we took off . Anyway I made my connection to CAI.

Thank you AF indeed!
Old Jan 2, 2008, 6:19 am

Originally Posted by JOUY31
Yes, that was the time AF implemented this new policy.
Hmmm.. didnt know.. do you know if KL have this policy?
Old Jan 2, 2008, 10:34 pm

No personal experience there, sorry.
Old Jan 3, 2008, 7:41 am

Programs: BA ExClub Blue (ex Silver), Flying Blue Silver (ex Platinum), M&M forever base soldier
Originally Posted by husseinbadr
I got 4000 miles for the delay of AF 009 JFK --> CDG on December 25.
Also got 4000 miles ^ and an apology letter ^ for a <2 hour delay on AF69 LAX-CDG last Dec. 17th, even though the ROC service had informed me about 10 hours ahead the new scheduled departure time (so no wait longer than usual at the airport). I also received a $5 "meal voucher" (what kind of meal can you buy at LAX for $5?) upon check-in.

In a very similar situation (late ingoing plane) three years ago at PTP Air France never informed the passengers in advance and let us camp all night in the terminal without further support (and all facilities closed). In the end the flight departed at 4AM instead of 9PM but we did not receive compensation of any form.

Maybe there are some things that AF is doing better now?
Old Jan 3, 2008, 8:57 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB , BA Gold
Originally Posted by albireo
Also got 4000 miles ^ and an apology letter ^ for a <2 hour delay on AF69 LAX-CDG last Dec. 17th, even though the ROC service had informed me about 10 hours ahead the new scheduled departure time (so no wait longer than usual at the airport). I also received a $5 "meal voucher" (what kind of meal can you buy at LAX for $5?) upon check-in.

In a very similar situation (late ingoing plane) three years ago at PTP Air France never informed the passengers in advance and let us camp all night in the terminal without further support (and all facilities closed). In the end the flight departed at 4AM instead of 9PM but we did not receive compensation of any form.

Maybe there are some things that AF is doing better now?
One thing that is very different from 3 years ago is the EU regulation EC261/2004 that oblige European airlines to "care for" pax during delays, meaning food and lodging.
Of course, AF gesture to credit miles to FB members goes beyond the regulation and is a nice commercial policy; too bad for non FB members.

However, I wonder how many miles are thus credited alltogether in a year (I mean for the whole FB program). All in all, it could be an expensive policy for FB (in terms of awards that can be used against those miles), and it tends to devalue regular flown miles. For example, I once earned 250 miles for flying a cheap paris-nice flight but got 5 times that because of a delay.
Old Jan 3, 2008, 9:22 am

Programs: BA ExClub Blue (ex Silver), Flying Blue Silver (ex Platinum), M&M forever base soldier
Originally Posted by brunos
All in all, it could be an expensive policy for FB (in terms of awards that can be used against those miles), and it tends to devalue regular flown miles. For example, I once earned 250 miles for flying a cheap paris-nice flight but got 5 times that because of a delay.
My understanding is that the mileage compensation is not for everyone, but differentiates Elite FB members and high-fare pax. Maybe someone has details?
Old Jan 3, 2008, 9:26 am

Originally Posted by brunos
One thing that is very different from 3 years ago is the EU regulation EC261/2004 that oblige European airlines to "care for" pax during delays, meaning food and lodging.
Point taken. However, the ROC (Rappel Operationnel des Clients) already existed at the time but was not activated for that occasion, even though the delay was known of about 10 hours before the scheduled departure.

Last edited by albireo; Jan 4, 2008 at 5:38 am
Old Jan 3, 2008, 9:41 am

Originally Posted by albireo
My understanding is that the mileage compensation is not for everyone, but differentiates Elite FB members and high-fare pax. Maybe someone has details?
Some information : http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/showp...70&postcount=6
Old Jan 4, 2008, 6:34 am

Programs: Flying blue plat, Aerop,Accor, Priority Club
KL gives you a voucher with 2000 miles... I've accumulated a significant number of them in 2007....

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.