Wiki Posts
Search

Address for complaint in Switzerland?

Search this Thread

Old Dec 19, 2007, 8:30 am
Original Poster

Programs: Eurostar Carte Blanche, SBB-CFF-FFS GA-AG, SNCF Grand Voyageur LeClub
Address for complaint in Switzerland?

This past ten days Air France has really screwed up big time (eight really serious mishaps in ten days)... so much so that I'm doing two things now:

- I change my professional agenda so that I can avoid AF (it used to be that I picked my flights according to my agenda commitments)
- I am willing to take the time to write them a letter of complaint.

Now, on their Swiss website, they only list an address in France. I am somewhat reluctant to send my mail to a huge centralized and probably swamped big European customer service unit, as simply it'll take ages for them to reply. Anyone knows where I can find out about whether they also have a customer care service centre in Switzerland? I can't ring the Swiss call centre number right now as I am not in Switzerland.

Thanks
Old Dec 20, 2007, 8:21 am

Programs: FB Gold
There's one in Geneva, if you write in French, though…:

Bearbeitung von Reklamationen außer Gepäckangelegenheiten auf französisch.
Anfragen bitte an folgende Anschrift:

Air France
Service Clientèle
CP 32
1215 Genève 15
Fax: 022 717 79 69

You can see, that for the German speaking folks, we can write to Vienna:

- Kundenservice für Kunden mit Wohnsitz in der Deutschen Schweiz und Tessin

Bearbeitung von Reklamationen außer Gepäckangelegenheiten auf deutsch, englisch und französisch.

Air France
Kundendienst
Walfischgasse 1
1010 Wien
AUSTRIA
Fax: +43 1 513 9426

Otherwise check this link:

http://www.airfrance.com/double6/CH/...s?OpenDocument

Michael
Old Dec 20, 2007, 12:01 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Eurostar Carte Blanche, SBB-CFF-FFS GA-AG, SNCF Grand Voyageur LeClub
Originally Posted by KL803
There's one in Geneva, if you write in French, though…:

Bearbeitung von Reklamationen außer Gepäckangelegenheiten auf französisch.

Air France
Service Clientèle
CP 32
1215 Genève 15
Fax: 022 717 79 69

You can see, that for the German speaking folks, we can write to Vienna:

- Kundenservice für Kunden mit Wohnsitz in der Deutschen Schweiz und Tessin

Bearbeitung von Reklamationen außer Gepäckangelegenheiten auf deutsch, englisch und französisch.

Air France
Kundendienst
Walfischgasse 1
1010 Wien
AUSTRIA
Fax: +43 1 513 9426

Otherwise check this link:

http://www.airfrance.com/double6/CH/...s?OpenDocument

Michael
Michael

Thanks! Although I have to say I am baffled as to where you found that... I checked on AF's Swiss website as well, under contacts.

Cheers
Old Dec 20, 2007, 1:05 pm

Originally Posted by creber
Michael

Thanks! Although I have to say I am baffled as to where you found that... I checked on AF's Swiss website as well, under contacts.

Cheers
I will let you into a little secret not yet well known to the otherwise well-informed FT community:
Where-ever you will write to, your file will end-up in the same place: London where AF is putting in place a new centralised claims handling team. BEAUVAIS is just a huge warehouse full of scanners and staff who have been trained to recognise a few key words in each European languages. The process started in October with "smaller" markets such as Belgium, Scandinavian countries, German speaking Switzerland. it has since that also taken over Spain and French speaking Switzerland. Italy, the UK and Ireland (non high yield passengers for the latter two) will be handled there as of January.
If you manage to find another adress to send your claim to 9such as the one in Austria):
1/ local AF staff will forward the file to...Beauvais
2/ would not handled your file anyhow since you do not live in Austria.
The same process already applies for all other continents with CR teams actually only existing in Florida, Montreal, Dubai, Sydney (and just a handful of local teams).
Unbeknown to passengers, their replies are written in London (or Dubai, Montreal...) and emailed to the local AF office in the country of residence where these will merely be printed on headed-paper with a local address.
One last thing; NO MORE TELEPHONE CONTACT. All communication is in strictly in writing only and a new web based claim form will be launched some times in January as well 9was meant to happen in October but was postponed
you all know why...).
Once last point: don't bother asking how I know that...
Old Dec 20, 2007, 3:18 pm

Programs: Many
For Canadian residents, the FB online feedback form already exists :
http://www.airfrance.ca/sl/usa/reclamation_final.php
Old Dec 21, 2007, 6:22 am

Originally Posted by bodory
For Canadian residents, the FB online feedback form already exists :
http://www.airfrance.ca/sl/usa/reclamation_final.php
Web contact is actually already available in a few contries (such as Canada-correct, the UK...). The current layout of the form will however change and will only allow a very limited amount of free text. Attachements will no longer be possible. The idea behind it is that in most complaints, about 3/4 of it is emotional and only 1/4 factual which is all that AF is interrested in.
Old Dec 21, 2007, 6:59 am
q

Originally Posted by l'agentsecret
One last thing; NO MORE TELEPHONE CONTACT. All communication is in strictly in writing only...
... plus occasional lunches with the Management ?
Old Dec 21, 2007, 1:42 pm

Programs: FB Gold
Originally Posted by creber
Michael

Cheers
I actually googled it: air france & geneva. It was the last result on page one as you can see: http://www.google.ch/search?hl=de&q=...e+geneva&meta= I think, it's funny that it can't be found on www.airfrance.ch, but I guess, this might be due to the whole change-process mentioned by l'agentsecret.

Michael

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.