Community
Wiki Posts
Search

1 Hour Connection CDG 2E to 2F?

Search this Thread

Old Dec 17, 2007, 5:44 pm
Original Poster

Programs: DL - exPlat (now Gold) ; AB - Gold ; TK - Gold; BMI - exGold; US - exChairman ; UA-ex1K; NW-exGold
1 Hour Connection CDG 2E to 2F?

I am looking at booking a flight in Jan, going ZRH-CDG-SFO.

I am looking at this schedule
Jan 10
AF 5111 (142)
Dep: ZRH 7:20am
Arv: CDG 9:15am

Jan 10
AF 84 (343)
Dep: CDG 10:15am
Arv: SFO 12:55pm

AF 5111 is a CityJet that gets into 2E, AF 84 departs from 2F. While I have had fairly good luck blowing through CDG on 90 minute connections, CityJet if I recall parks on a remote stand and requires a bus to the terminal. Is there any chance I'll possibly make AF 84? I know I can skip the shower before the flight, but I'll have a 3:30pm meeting in San Francisco I can't miss and don't want to risk it.

I can fly ZRH-AMS-SFO and land at 1:20pm with an easier connection at AMS, but I prefer AF over KLM generally.

Giving that this trip will be Jan 8 flying from BDL to ZRH for a 3:00pm meeting in Zurich; Jan 10 fly from ZRH to SFO for a 3:30pm meeting in San Francisco and catch a red-eye home on Jan 10 back to JFK for a morning meeting in NYC on the 11th, then take the train home to Connecticut to sleep.........I know I won't be in the mood to miss flights and throw off my schedule.

So.........is this one hour connection a viable one?

Thanks

Last edited by sefrischling; Dec 17, 2007 at 5:57 pm
Old Dec 17, 2007, 11:05 pm

If you're so nervous about it, why not take the 19:40 flight from ZRH to CDG and spend the night there. Even on the cheapest 25%-miles-earning booking class, you're allowed to interrupt O/N, it doesn't count as a stop-over. Other than that solution, nobody can guarantee that the flight into CDG won't be late, thus you'll have eaten away your fingernails by the time you get into your connecting flight.
Old Dec 18, 2007, 6:20 am
Original Poster

Programs: DL - exPlat (now Gold) ; AB - Gold ; TK - Gold; BMI - exGold; US - exChairman ; UA-ex1K; NW-exGold
I cannot take the 19:40 flight, I'll be in my meeting. The meeting should run from 3:00pm(ish) until after 8:00pm if I do my job right.

I am not flying a mileage run, I need to juggle a series of meetings in three days. I am self employed, when I set meetings (and pay for them on my own dime) I need to ensure I am not staring at the clock during the meeting as I need to sell myself (which I am not the best at on a good day).

I looked at a few evening flight options, none of them would allow me to complete my meeting, so I need to get out in the morning and am still looking at the KL flights through AMS that seem to offer a better connection and arrive in SFO only 25min later, although on the long hauls I prefer AF over KL.

Thanks
Old Dec 18, 2007, 6:40 am

Programs: formerly UA GS, now lowly MM lifetime gold :(
Why not take the +- 1 hour drive to Basel and take AF3281 BSL-CDG, departing 07:02 and arriving 08:15?
Old Dec 18, 2007, 11:59 am
Original Poster

Thanks for the suggestion! I never knew of that option.

I'll look into it
Old Dec 21, 2007, 1:24 am
GK

Programs: reformed ex basic Member
also, you can walk direct from 2E to 2F without having to go through the centrl part of the airport. just make sure you don't get on the 2E terminal train.. follow the sign upstairs and along a corridor that drops you off by the transfer security check for 2F.. took me 10 mins to walk it last week

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.