Pre-reserved seats and new year onboard

Search this Thread

Old Dec 12, 2007, 10:01 pm
tff
Original Poster

Programs: FB LTPE, TP Gold, All Gold
Pre-reserved seats and new year onboard

Hi everyone,

I'll be flying JFK-CDG with AF023 on Dec 31st (and then to LIS) and AMS-JFK with KL0641 on Jan 9th. I have two questions for you:

1 - I'll be flying with my wife. I'm FB Gold but she is FB Ivory. Our itineraries are different because she's coming back earlier. So she can't get a pre-assigned seat in the first rows of Y class with me (B772). I know that our reservations have cross-references so that the airport agents will know we'll be travelling together. Still, which of the following alternatives would you consider to be better: (i) to reserve a seat for me in the front rows and make no reservation for her, hoping that the airport will put us together there; or (ii) to make a reservation together closer to the rear of the aircraft?

2 - Once we're spending the new year onboard, should we expect any celebration? Do airlines do anything special on new year's night?

Thank you for your help!

PS: This is the first thread I start
Old Dec 14, 2007, 5:59 am

Hi tff,

The seating will be a little delicate and difficult because you need to be on the same reservation to be able to be seated together ... especially for her as a non-elite to be pre-assigned in the first rows.

My best suggestion is to do on-line check-in. That is provided you have an Air France ticket number (ticket number starts 057) and you have an electronic ticket. You can check-in 30 hours before flight closure so on the East Coast that would be in the 10:00am hour the day before.

Be careful to "add another passenger" once you've started the check-in process.

If the above is not possible I recommend arriving as early as possible to be able to get the seats you wish.

As for celebrations on board, I have not flown during New Year's, sorry I cannot help there.
Old Dec 14, 2007, 6:19 am

Programs: BA ExClub Blue (ex Silver), Flying Blue Silver (ex Platinum), M&M forever base soldier
Originally Posted by airchristophe
As for celebrations on board, I have not flown during New Year's, sorry I cannot help there.
I have flown several times during Christmas or New Year's eve (when availability of reward seats or cheap fares is usually good in the midst of a busy season) and never noticed anything special, except for the captain formulating the usual season's greetings in his address. I even flew on 31st december 1999 from HNL to EWR (that one was a CO flight) with no particular mention by the crew -- however the layover at a very empty EWR terminal in the early hours of 2000 was a strange experience.
Old Dec 14, 2007, 8:28 am

Programs: DL, QF, QR Gold, MR Lifetime Gold
Originally Posted by albireo
the layover at a very empty EWR terminal in the early hours of 2000 was a strange experience.
I bet. Everyone must have been in Times Square (that's where I was!)
Old Dec 16, 2007, 11:24 am
tff
Original Poster

Programs: FB LTPE, TP Gold, All Gold
Thanks for the replies!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.