Community
Wiki Posts
Search

AF/DL JV- flights already on DELTA.COM

Search this Thread

Old Oct 17, 2007, 12:36 am
Original Poster

AF/DL JV- flights already on DELTA.COM

As already posted on the DL threat, over-zealous web technicians have loaded availabilities 24 hours ahead of the big announcement in Paris for the new "secret" direct flights out of LHR to ATL and JFK and out of ORY to JFK.
AF is being more careful with their direct LHR/LAX flight though, that will depart London mid-afternoon as of mid-April.
Old Oct 17, 2007, 3:43 am

Programs: DL; AA; UA; CO; LHLX; NZ; QR; EK; BA
Originally Posted by LeFrancaisVolant
As already posted on the DL threat, over-zealous web technicians have loaded availabilities 24 hours ahead of the big announcement in Paris for the new "secret" direct flights out of LHR to ATL and JFK and out of ORY to JFK.
AF is being more careful with their direct LHR/LAX flight though, that will depart London mid-afternoon as of mid-April.
Delta usually loads their new flights the day before the announcement (was the case with their recently-announced flights to Africa and the Middle East, for example...)
Old Oct 17, 2007, 4:45 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeMandarin Oriental Contributor Badge

Location: Seat 1A, Juice pretty much everywhere, Mucci des Coins Exotiques
It's already been announced. http://www.airfrance.net/double6/Y1/...2?OpenDocument
Old Oct 17, 2007, 4:47 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

While I am very happy to see a non-stop US flight to LYS, I'm not happy that it is DL metal and only goes to New York. If AF flew non-stop to ORD or LAX from LYS I would be very happy. Ditto for most anywhere in Asia.

I wonder if this means that LYS will finally get an AF business class lounge?
Old Oct 17, 2007, 4:49 am
Moderator: Flying Blue (Air France & KLM), France and TravelBuzz!

Location: Paris, France, AF F+ Rouge pour toujours, Flying Blue whatever, LH FTL, HHonors Gold, formerly proud SCC Executive, now IC Ambassador, BA down to nobody, Grand Voyageur Le Club
Interestingly, the JV covers ORY and LYS, but not NCE.

The press release did not describe how ground operations at LHR will be implemented, starting next March. According to the presentation made earlier this week at the AF investors day, Skyteam operations in LHR T4 should start in October 2008. These should cover, in addition to the flights covered by the AF/DL JV, flights that will be operated by CO and the KL/NW JV.

The number of daily flights between CDG and LHR does not seem to be impacted, yet. There are still 12 daily rotations scheduled, except during the week-end.

Last edited by JOUY31; Oct 17, 2007 at 10:24 am
Old Oct 17, 2007, 5:16 am
Moderator: Flying Blue (Air France & KLM), France and TravelBuzz!

Location: Paris, France, AF F+ Rouge pour toujours, Flying Blue whatever, LH FTL, HHonors Gold, formerly proud SCC Executive, now IC Ambassador, BA down to nobody, Grand Voyageur Le Club
I spoke too early. It would seem that AF is cutting the number of rotations from 12 to 7. OK, so more BA flights it is, then.
Old Oct 17, 2007, 11:20 am
GVA

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat, BA Silver, Aegean Gold, Aeroplan 25k, AA EXP
Do we know what CDG-LHR flights are being axed yet? Also any chance of an equipment upgauge to make up for the fewer number of flights?

Also worth noting in the press conference is the mention of more services for frequent fliers. Realistically could this be the beginning of upgrades on domestic delta flights for FB members?
Old Oct 17, 2007, 3:11 pm

Originally Posted by GVA
Do we know what CDG-LHR flights are being axed yet? Also any chance of an equipment upgauge to make up for the fewer number of flights?
Assuming this is the case unless AF plans CDG-LAX-LHR-LAX-CDG instead of CDG-LHR-LAX v.v. aircraft rotation.
Old Oct 18, 2007, 9:23 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by jiml1126
Assuming this is the case unless AF plans CDG-LAX-LHR-LAX-CDG instead of CDG-LHR-LAX v.v. aircraft rotation.
I think B772's (or such like) will fly CDG-LAX-LHR-LAX-CDG.

And something like A320's will fly CDG-LHR-CDG.

I doubt we'll see CDG-LHR on a B772/A332/A343.
Old Oct 18, 2007, 11:40 am

Programs: DL; AA; UA; CO; LHLX; NZ; QR; EK; BA
Originally Posted by stimpy
While I am very happy to see a non-stop US flight to LYS, I'm not happy that it is DL metal and only goes to New York. If AF flew non-stop to ORD or LAX from LYS I would be very happy. Ditto for most anywhere in Asia.
Sorry but LYS to anywhere else in the US but NYC is almost never going to happen, at least not for the forseeable future...

Also, the DL flight should not be that bad as it will feature a completely refurbished cabin with new slimline Y seats as well as AVOD PTVs at every seat...
Old Oct 18, 2007, 7:07 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM & 2MM, SPG/Bonvoid LT Titanium, Hyatt Globalist, $tarbucks Titanium
LAX question

AF now departs out of T2 (with KL & NW), however DL departs out of T5 and AF used to as well. Did the announcement mention anything related to ground operations at LAX?
Old Oct 24, 2007, 3:12 pm

Programs: Delta DM, 3M; AA, FB, UA some lower status
Originally Posted by ClipperDelta
Sorry but LYS to anywhere else in the US but NYC is almost never going to happen, at least not for the forseeable future...

Also, the DL flight should not be that bad as it will feature a completely refurbished cabin with new slimline Y seats as well as AVOD PTVs at every seat...
The point of the original comment, at least as I took it, was with JFK, not Delta. It could be an all first class DL plane, and the fact that it lands in JFK still makes it a bad experience.

Delta is not making any points with me by increasing service out of JFK. Connecting into JFK from a northeast location is a truly miserable experience.
Old Nov 4, 2007, 7:09 am

Originally Posted by LeFrancaisVolant
AF 60 : LHR d1700 a2000 LAX
AF 61 : LAX d2050 a1440 LHR

Aircraft will be 772 and its rotation will be CDG 1555 -AF64- 1820 LAX 2050 -AF61- 1440 LHR 1700 -AF60- 2000 LAX 2200 -AF67- 1730 CDG.

Last edited by B747-437B; Nov 4, 2007 at 7:17 am
Old Nov 4, 2007, 8:32 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Thanks for the info B747. Now the most important info will be the fares. Will they price competitively against BA and Virgin? Or will they be relying on French patriotism and French corporate contracts?
Old Dec 8, 2007, 2:32 am
GVA

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat, BA Silver, Aegean Gold, Aeroplan 25k, AA EXP
You'd think AF would have LHR-LAX on sale by now. I'm guessing this flight hasn't been put on sale yet as it is linked to some slot trading with KL and NW.

Still it seems weird that the flights aren't on sale two months after the JV was announced.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.