Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Booking tickets on airfrance.us

Search this Thread

Old Nov 21, 2006, 9:57 am
Original Poster

Booking tickets on airfrance.us

Hello all. I don't normally frequent this forum so please excuse me in advance if this is a common question (I did search but nothing turned up). I need to buy a one way ticket on AF from a French city to Paris. Normally this doesn't even show up on airfrance.us, but a link from another site shows it to me, and I can go all the way to the point of entering my credit card details. The ticketing conditions, however, stipulate that all travel must commence in the US or Paris. Is this enforced? Anyone have experience with this? Is there any other way to buy such a ticket on line with a US address and credit card?

Thanks
merci d'avance,

Michael
Old Nov 21, 2006, 10:01 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hilton Gold, BA Gold
you can as well book it on airfrance.fr, expedia, travelocity ... the french domestic oneway fares area available on all booking engines.

but concerning your question about why it does not work on airfrance.us
Old Nov 21, 2006, 10:41 am
Original Poster

Sorry, of course I can book on expedia and travelocity and such; sorry just wondering if I could buy direct from AF since it seems to have more inventory open than the agent sites (i.e. more flights available at the lowest prices).

To clarify, I think I CAN buy it from airfrance.us, the problem is that the "pricing conditions" state:
Your trip must originate from either the US or Paris, France when booking for a one-way, round-trip or multiple destinations.
I can't buy on airfrance.fr because the only choices for ticketing are on line with tickets mailed in France only, or by telephone.

So again, are these conditions enforced? Has anyone else bought or tried to buy one way (or multi-destination) tickets on airfrance.us which don't originate in the US or in Paris?

Thanks again,

Michael
Old Nov 21, 2006, 10:55 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by WhoME
if I could buy direct from AF since it seems to have more inventory open than the agent sites (i.e. more flights available at the lowest prices).
never heard of this. urban legend.
I can't buy on airfrance.fr because the only choices for ticketing are on line with tickets mailed in France only, or by telephone.
all airfrance flights are e-ticket. I live in France and book on different AF websites. noone cares about your adress in europe
Old Nov 21, 2006, 11:18 am
tlr

Programs: AF/KL Dark Grey, LH SEN
Originally Posted by chrissxb
all airfrance flights are e-ticket.
Except for the ones that aren't .
Old Nov 21, 2006, 11:24 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by tlr
Except for the ones that aren't .
because they are codeshares on other airlines or airport can't handle e-ticket. agreed.

but OP asks about a french domestic oneway ticket and thats 100% e-ticket
Old Nov 22, 2006, 8:05 am
Original Poster

All I can say is that when I get to the credit card details page of airfrance.com, my only options for ticket delivery after entering passenger details are

Vous payez en ligne avec votre carte bancaire, choisissez votre mode de retrait * :
Par la Poste en France Métropolitaine uniquement (envoi gratuit)

ou vous choisissez de payer par téléphone * :
Vous avez 24 heures pour communiquer votre numéro de carte bancaire au 0820 320 820 (0,12 euro TTC/min), tous les jours de 8h30 à 22h (heure de Paris)
Since I have neither a French address nor a French credit card, I can't apparently pay on line. On the other hand, airfrance.us is apparently happy to give me an eticket with a US credit card, except for the little condition about beginning in Paris or the US which is the subject of my question here.

Michael
Old Nov 24, 2006, 9:16 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB , BA Gold
All I can say is that when I get to the credit card details page of airfrance.com, my only options for ticket delivery after entering passenger details are

Since I have neither a French address nor a French credit card, I can't apparently pay on line. On the other hand, airfrance.us is apparently happy to give me an eticket with a US credit card, except for the little condition about beginning in Paris or the US which is the subject of my question here.

Michael
I do not understand your question. You first seem to say that you cannot do it on the US website, and now you say that you can do it?
In any case, buying a one-way ticket , say Nice-Paris, implies that your trip is starting from Nice. it could be that you have travelled to Nice from somewhere else, using another ticket. But that is a moot point. Actually you have probably travelled from/to many places since you are born and this is not relevant.
Old Nov 25, 2006, 12:08 pm
Original Poster

Brunos, sorry if I don't completely understand your reply but here's my final attempt to clarify. I can book the flights I want, with electronic ticketing using my US credit card on airfrance.us. The problem is that the "pricing conditions" on the airfrance.us website do not allow it. That is, I can do it but it appears to be against the rules. My questions were (and remain): is this rule enforced and has anyone here purchased similar tickets? I suspect that the answer to both questions is no since I haven't received any useful answers so far. If someone does have an answer, I'd be grateful for it, but otherwise, I thank you all for your time.

Michael
Old Nov 25, 2006, 2:08 pm

Programs: Flying Blue Gold, Star Alliance Silver
I am sure this is only a bad translation
how can they ask you to start travelling from the US or Paris if you buy a one way ticket to Paris....

I already purchased on the Autrian website (airfrance.at) a special fare return trip (the familly one) and the pricing condition where: "you trip should start from France...."
the itinary was.... VIE-CDG-LYS-CDG-VIE
so the first leg was in fact not really starting from france...

for the return the check in agent in Lyon aked me to proove that we were married and not brother and sister...
of course I didn't have any kind of official paper with me and she finally let us go.

hope it helps
If the rule if stupid you can always argue in France.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.