Wiki Posts
Search

Exit row booking information/strategy?

Search this Thread

Old Nov 16, 2006, 7:05 am
Original Poster

Programs: Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond, DeltaMM
Exit row booking information/strategy?

Good morning all. I depart, with 8 others in my group, tomorrow from MCO through ATL on DL, then on to CDG on Air France. Three members of our group are 6'3" or taller, and scoring exit row seats for them would make life so much easier. The problem is that when I call Delta to find out the rules and time limits for getting these seats, they say call Air France because it is their plane, and Air France says to call Delta because we have Delta confirmation numbers and we originate on Delta.

Our outbound from MCO isn't until 4:40pm, so my plan was to send my husband and two others to the airport in the morning, but don't know how early to send them. I don't care a bit about exit rows on the MCO-ATL segment on DL, but care very much about the ATL-CDG segment on Air France which departs at 9:05 pm.

Can anyone clarify what the policies are concerning getting exit row seating and identify any strategies to get them? I have heard several different things from both DL and AF - 6 hours in advance, 24 hours in advance, at 12:01 am on day of flight, online, not online - and I don't want to miss my opportunity.

Thanks in advance for your advice!
Old Nov 16, 2006, 8:58 am
Moderator: Flying Blue (Air France & KLM)

Programs: Flying Blue (AF/KL)
Exitrows are normally given to Elite-members and mostly only given at the airport.

You could try OLCI at the 24/30 hour mark.

Good luck
Old Nov 16, 2006, 9:12 am

Programs: LH HON, DL FO/MM, Marriott Lifetime Platinum, Accor Lifetime Platinum, Sixt Diamond
1. DL does not have international online check-in.
2. AF has to unblock those seats on the day of departure. Done at ATL airport only. No way someone at MCO will be able to take care of that
3. Competition for those seats is stiff, so try to be at the gate as early as possible.
4. Not even AF's own elites can pre-reserve those seats.
Old Nov 16, 2006, 11:21 am
Moderator: Flying Blue (Air France & KLM), France and TravelBuzz!

Location: Paris, France, AF F+ Rouge pour toujours, Flying Blue whatever, LH FTL, HHonors Gold, formerly proud SCC Executive, now IC Ambassador, BA down to nobody, Grand Voyageur Le Club
Originally Posted by Gajan
mostly only given at the airport.
should be always
Old Nov 16, 2006, 12:06 pm

Programs: *G, used to be with TK but left due to their corruption and political ties
As told by other beforehand as well it is impossible to prebook the exit row even with an elite card. Even more impossible when you are on a DL coded flight.

At the airport they actually do seem to consider height for exit rows. In JFK last week for my CDG flight they wouldn't give me the exit row at chk-in. At the lounge they said they hold them for tall people and asked me to check closer to departure if they were still free. I did that about 90 minutes before departure and the lounge attendant then called the gate and said something like (he is of normal height), then I got it. Middle seat in it was left free and the man by the window was really short (!). Soon after boarding completed a poor guy with _very_ long legs came up and sat between us. I don't understand how he managed to get stuck in a normal seat if height is a consideration..
Old Nov 16, 2006, 4:13 pm
Moderator: Flying Blue (Air France & KLM)

Programs: Flying Blue (AF/KL)
Originally Posted by JOUY31
should be always
I have been able to select emergency exit seats on intra-Europe flights.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.