Search

Paris fears extremists may work at airport

Search this Thread

Old Nov 1, 2006, 9:39 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA:1K MM, AF:FB-Platinum; QR: PC Platinum, FI: Saga Gold
Paris fears extremists may work at airport

From today's International Herald Tribune:

ROISSY, France: The French authorities charged with assessing security risks at Charles de Gaulle airport have stripped 72 suspect Muslim workers of their security clearance, but about a dozen others are still working in the most restricted areas, including some cleaning planes and handling baggage for flights to the United States, according to a government security official and the airport workers themselves.

The below link goes to the complete article

http://www.iht.com/articles/2006/10/31/news/airport.php
Old Nov 1, 2006, 11:13 pm

Interesting article, in many a sense...

But on a different level, do we need in this forum a discussion on terrorists, potential or real ones, muslims, jews and gentiles, you name it? First, this whole matter is neither AF-, KL-, FB-specific, nor related to frequent flying as such. Let me just remind you of the bonbings in Madrin, London, Bombay, etc., which had nothing what so ever to do with airports and planes. Please leave these general discussions out of here.
Old Nov 2, 2006, 7:22 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA:1K MM, AF:FB-Platinum; QR: PC Platinum, FI: Saga Gold
Originally Posted by KLouis
Interesting article, in many a sense...

But on a different level, do we need in this forum a discussion on terrorists, potential or real ones, muslims, jews and gentiles, you name it? First, this whole matter is neither AF-, KL-, FB-specific, nor related to frequent flying as such. Let me just remind you of the bonbings in Madrin, London, Bombay, etc., which had nothing what so ever to do with airports and planes. Please leave these general discussions out of here.

Well, it is AF's hub so it seems pretty obviously relevant in this forum. And the article focuses on the airport - not anything else.

That's why you haven't seen anything on the train terrorists here - until you brought it up!
Old Nov 2, 2006, 8:56 am
Moderator: Flying Blue (Air France & KLM), France and TravelBuzz!

Location: Paris, France, AF F+ Rouge pour toujours, Flying Blue whatever, LH FTL, HHonors Gold, formerly proud SCC Executive, now IC Ambassador, BA down to nobody, Grand Voyageur Le Club
I would say that the two approaches can coexist nicely, as long as we keep the focus on how it impacts CDG or ORY operations. On the other hand, as seen on other boards, there is a potential for disruption or hijacking by people with an agenda who are not regular posters on the AF board, so we would need an even greater emphasis on factual information and courtesy which are a hallmark of this board. Let's try to have this thread in the same vein without having to move it to another board. Thanks to both of you for expressing the reasoning behind your approach.

Last edited by JOUY31; Nov 2, 2006 at 11:10 am

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.