Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Help needed on OTC/NTC

Search this Thread

Old Sep 4, 2005, 11:25 pm
Original Poster

Programs: KLM PE (I refuse to call it FB)
Help needed on OTC/NTC

My question has been partly answered on a search but I wonder if any of our regular contributors from the AF side could help?

I am due to book an award ticket CDG-Mex with the outbound on the 12th Sept and inbound on the 1st Oct. It is showing as a 772. There is availability (Open natch) in Premiere and L'Affaires.

Seat Guru is showing the Premiere class as 8 seats. Does anyone happen to know if these are 180 degree lie flat beds (NTC) or OTC?

Although I have frequently used (and hated) the business class seat version of OTC, I have never been in the First class OTC. Is it worth the extra 40,000 miles to go in Premiere rather than Business if OTC?

And if there isn't a NTC option to Mex, does anyone know if there is one for CDG-LAX?

Any help or advice much appreciated as usual.

Tom

Last edited by Tomco; Sep 5, 2005 at 12:02 am Reason: Additional comment
Old Sep 5, 2005, 4:47 am

Programs: BA Silver, FB Plat, Accor Gold, IHG Gold, Wyndham Rewards Gold, BW Gold
Originally Posted by Tomco
My question has been partly answered on a search but I wonder if any of our regular contributors from the AF side could help?

I am due to book an award ticket CDG-Mex with the outbound on the 12th Sept and inbound on the 1st Oct. It is showing as a 772. There is availability (Open natch) in Premiere and L'Affaires.

Seat Guru is showing the Premiere class as 8 seats. Does anyone happen to know if these are 180 degree lie flat beds (NTC) or OTC?

Although I have frequently used (and hated) the business class seat version of OTC, I have never been in the First class OTC. Is it worth the extra 40,000 miles to go in Premiere rather than Business if OTC?

And if there isn't a NTC option to Mex, does anyone know if there is one for CDG-LAX?

Any help or advice much appreciated as usual.

Tom
If the flight has First Class then the seats are 180 degree lie flat beds, even if they are OTC. I have not flown First NTC yet, but the old Espace Preimière seats are very comfortable and I got a good night's sleep. I'm pretty certain (from what I've read on this board) that CDG - MEX is not yet NTC. All the more reason, I should say, to use 40,000 miles to go First. The difference between it and Business is probably greater in OTC than that in NTC.
Old Sep 5, 2005, 1:15 pm
Original Poster

Appreciated

Thanks Rangerss,

Have booked the First class option, a "First" for me. It will be interesting to see how much better it is. Thanks for taking the trouble to comment
Old Sep 9, 2005, 12:52 pm

Programs: DL DM, former NW PE
Originally Posted by rangerss75
If the flight has First Class then the seats are 180 degree lie flat beds, even if they are OTC. I have not flown First NTC yet, but the old Espace Preimière seats are very comfortable and I got a good night's sleep. I'm pretty certain (from what I've read on this board) that CDG - MEX is not yet NTC. All the more reason, I should say, to use 40,000 miles to go First. The difference between it and Business is probably greater in OTC than that in NTC.
Nice down duvets, merino wool blanket, big sleeping pillow (as opposed to the small ones used when just sitting), socks AND slippers, Taittinger's champagne and two FA's doting on a max of 12 pax. (Last 772 F cabins had 3 and 4 pax total, including my wife and myself!). The seats recline fully, long seatbelts so you can be belted in even if on your side, and a comfortable night's sleep. Spend the extra miles!
Old Sep 14, 2005, 11:44 am
Original Poster

An Update

It was OTC on the 772. The endless trek around CDG to gates 80 in 2E didn't help either. Then I stepped on the plane...

Now admittedly, having only 2 people in First no doubt helped but kudos to AF. Faultless service, excellent wines, interesting menu made an 11 hour trip go well, like an 11 hour trip.

I may start a campaign about no Bacardi being available on AF but I have been mollified by Bacardi Breezers in the lounge at Mexico.

Tom

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.