Community
Wiki Posts
Search

AF's "Coup de Coeur" (Wednesday's Specials)

Search this Thread

Old Aug 31, 2005, 12:53 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Air France Platinum - Qatar Airways Gold
Question AF's "Coup de Coeur" (Wednesday's Specials)

AF have special offers every Wednesday (for the following weekend) on their french website. Mostly domestic flights, and also a few european destinations from Paris, Lyon, Strasbourg, etc.

Today I have found the following fare for R/T Paris-London (3 Sep./4 Sep.):
  • advertised: 132 € all in.
  • actual fare after dates selection: 149.27 € all in.
The site says this fare is eligible for miles but doesn't say how many.

On the same website, for the same dates and times, the "weekend offers" section prices the flight at 104 € (booking code not displayed but I know it is N: 375 miles. Used to be 2,000 before the enforcement of FB ...).

The standard (front page) booking engine prices the flight at 269 € (booking code?).

Interesting to note that the so-called "Coups de Coeur du Mercredi" are not cheaper than the standard special fares that you can buy anytime, any day of the week. Does anybody know the booking code of these Wednesday fares?

I'm aware they come with different rules and restrictions, but they're all heavily restricted and I don't think there are many restriction differences between the 149 € and the 104 € tickets...
Old Aug 31, 2005, 1:00 pm
Moderator: Flying Blue (Air France & KLM), France and TravelBuzz!

Location: Paris, France, AF F+ Rouge pour toujours, Flying Blue whatever, LH FTL, HHonors Gold, formerly proud SCC Executive, now IC Ambassador, BA down to nobody, Grand Voyageur Le Club
Originally Posted by Falco Peregrinus
The site says this fare is eligible for miles but doesn't say how many.
This is new. In the past, unless I am mistaken, they were not eligible for mileage accrual. It seems they now are, except for French domestic flights.
Old Aug 31, 2005, 1:05 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hilton Gold, BA Gold
I can't imagine anything else but the lousy 25% booking class

this could be an option for mileage runs if it was 750 miles / segment on european which I don't think it is.
Old May 1, 2006, 2:37 pm

I booked last week a PAR-ATH-PAR "coup de coeur". The booking code
is NCOEUR, and of course, it earns only 325 miles per segment.

The price was 145 + 77 (taxes) + 5 (booking fees) = 227 euros.
Surprisingly, both outbound (thursday 27 apr) and inbound (saturday 30 apr)flights were almost full, with 2 or 3 seats free.

Originally Posted by Falco Peregrinus
AF have special offers every Wednesday (for the following weekend) on their french website. Mostly domestic flights, and also a few european destinations from Paris, Lyon, Strasbourg, etc.

Does anybody know the booking code of these Wednesday fares?
Old May 1, 2006, 2:45 pm
Moderator: Flying Blue (Air France & KLM), France and TravelBuzz!

Location: Paris, France, AF F+ Rouge pour toujours, Flying Blue whatever, LH FTL, HHonors Gold, formerly proud SCC Executive, now IC Ambassador, BA down to nobody, Grand Voyageur Le Club
227 euros inclusive of tax is a great rate for CDG-ATH-CDG .

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.