Community
Wiki Posts
Search

0:45 - enough connect time in CDG from US?

Search this Thread

Old Apr 26, 2006, 7:01 pm
Original Poster

0:45 - enough connect time in CDG from US?

Dear experienced AF fliers,

I am new to flying via CDG, and wondering if the 45 minute connection via CDG is enough, coming in from the US and connecting to Athens. I want to figure our my chances on making my connecting flight. Thanks in advance for your feedback!

-First in Class

P.S. If you don't think so, any recommendation on what to do on this ticketed, non-refundable itinerary would be appreciated!

---

DEPARTING
New York-Kennedy, NY (JFK) to Athens, Greece (ATH) Total Travel Time: 11hrs 25min
Please check in at Air France ticket counter.
07:25 PM to
08:50 AM
Arrive next day New York-Kennedy, NY (JFK) to
Paris de Gaulle, France (CDG)
7hrs 25min - nonstop Air France Flight 7
Boeing 777 Jet- Economy

Stop - Change planes in Paris de Gaulle, France (CDG)
Connection Time: 0 hrs 45 min

09:35 AM to
01:50 PM Paris de Gaulle, France (CDG) to
Athens, Greece (ATH)
3hrs 15min - nonstop Air France Flight 1532
Airbus 321 Jet- Economy

RETURNING
Venice, Italy (VCE) to New York-Kennedy, NY (JFK) Total Travel Time: 11hrs 40min
Please check in at Air France ticket counter.

03:10 PM to
05:00 PM Venice, Italy (VCE) to
Paris de Gaulle, France (CDG)
1hr 50min - nonstop Air France Flight 1727
Airbus Industrie Jet- Economy

Stop - Change planes in Paris de Gaulle, France (CDG)
Connection Time: 1 hr 55 min

06:55 PM to
08:50 PM Paris de Gaulle, France (CDG) to
New York-Kennedy, NY (JFK)
7hrs 55min - nonstop Air France Flight 8
Boeing 777 Jet- Economy
Old Apr 26, 2006, 10:35 pm

Programs: *G, used to be with TK but left due to their corruption and political ties
0:45 is cutting it short, but there are more flights to ATH. The next one is probably at noon (don't know your date). Though if everything works well you'll make it.
Old Apr 26, 2006, 11:35 pm

The chances you make it are infinitely small: boarding pass for connection in JFK, departure on time, good winds, no traffic at CDG, docking (no bussing), fit legs (for running to 2D), etc. As Gnopps suggests, there are several flights later on, and if they're full (doubtful), they can always rebook you through AMS. Thus, no panic and prepare yourself for a few hours of "lounging".
Old Apr 27, 2006, 6:25 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, Aegean Gold, Skywards Silver, Tesco Clubcard Blue
I'm not deliberately dashing your hopes, but I'm afraid your chances of making the connection are less than infinitely small - let's just say that you'll probably have a greater chance at winning the lottery.

The fact that you'll have to switch terminals, the snails pace the ADP buses run in between them, and the security checks en-route is a recipe for disaster. Then, you'll have to deal with AF ground staff who can range from being indifferent to downright obstructive. Most of them just act like it was your fault for missing your connection. Some will insist that your bags will need to be located and retagged - so you may not be able to get on the next flight to ATH.

Good luck, and pray for an early arrival into CDG.
Old May 3, 2006, 3:03 am
G_G
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK E+
It depends of .... the luck you'll have to take a bus between the terminals. On 25th april i've arrived from SFO at 2B (at CDG we never know where we'll arrive even after the landing !!! That changes during the taxi) at 11h50 AM. I was in the upper deck of a 747. I've taken a bus for the 2F and I've arrived at time (with a little run) for the boarding of my next flight leaving at 12h35 PM.
Old May 3, 2006, 8:44 pm

Programs: UA MM, CX Diamond, LH Senator, BA Gold, Hyatt Courtesy
Don't count on it. Especially don't count on your bags making it. Not even with 2 hours. I hope you are not going on to some small island in Greece where you would expect your delayed bags to be delivered to you either. It just won't happen. Total pipedream.
Hand carry your bags and get some with wheels that you can run with.
On your return via CDG. Play it safe. If you have to check your bags, do so only to CDG and recheck them onwards to the US. Its a pain to do so but it decreases your chances of a lost/delayed bag from 60% to about 25%.
You might think that I'm making this stuff up, but read some other threads here and you'll see what we're talking about.
Old May 4, 2006, 7:22 am

Programs: Flying blue plat, Aerop,Accor, Priority Club
Very unlikely... if the arrival schedule is kept ; if you are happy enough to leave on time, the flight could arrive before schedule : 7:25 hours is very comfortable on this sense...
Old May 4, 2006, 8:36 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hilton Gold, BA Gold
Originally Posted by dkay
I'm not deliberately dashing your hopes, but I'm afraid your chances of making the connection are less than infinitely small - let's just say that you'll probably have a greater chance at winning the lottery.
I recently made it in 40min, incoming flight from ATL (2E) and got a connection 2D to SXB, but then ... I knew the way and was running.

good luck ^

Originally Posted by CDG 1K
Don't count on it. Especially don't count on your bags making it. Not even with 2 hours. I hope you are not going on to some small island in Greece where you would expect your delayed bags to be delivered to you either. It just won't happen. Total pipedream.
Hand carry your bags and get some with wheels that you can run with.
On your return via CDG. Play it safe. If you have to check your bags, do so only to CDG and recheck them onwards to the US. Its a pain to do so but it decreases your chances of a lost/delayed bag from 60% to about 25%.
You might think that I'm making this stuff up, but read some other threads here and you'll see what we're talking about.

I'd say you exaggerate a little bit. I had more than 60 segments last year, living at SXB I have to connect thru CDG and I never had a baggage issue.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.