Community
Wiki Posts
Search

AF website incongruity; crash bug fix

Search this Thread

Old Aug 7, 2005, 4:43 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA ExClub Blue (ex Silver), Flying Blue Silver (ex Platinum), M&M forever base soldier
AF website incongruity; crash bug fix

I just tried to complete a booking using the airfrance.fr website and found that the result depends on how you request the quote. More specifically, I tried to buy a roundtrip Paris<->Madrid departing on Oct. 1st, returning Oct. 3rd (so still in time for those great Evasion 42 fares). This is what I found:
- If I ask for these dates using the options "best price", "+/-3 days", the outgoing flight (AF2628, codeshare from ORY) is proposed at 66 euros;
- If I ask for these dates using the options "best price", "departure in the morning" (for the outgoing flight) the same flight is proposed at 49 euros.

There is no discrepancy for the return flight (getting a 32 euros return on AF2621, Oct. 3rd). In both cases proceeding through the booking and asking for fare conditions one ends up with the "NAP42" fare popup. This is I guess the code for the return flight, since in case of fare mixing the most restrictive conditions prevail.

Has anybody an explanation? I understand fares depend on availability, etc... but for a given flight booked through the same channel I cannot see how the cheapest available fare can be different.

Incidentally -- but that's another story -- when completing the booking the engine would not accept my street address, insisting that "addresses must contain a combination of letters and numbers" -- which it did! Same problem whether the address is manually written or automatically introduced through my profile.

Finally, I noticed another bug: clicking on the promotional fare (155 euros for Barcelona) at the upper right corner of the screen systematically crashes my browser (Safari under Mac OS 10.3)

I called the Web support number for that -- nice and patient lady on the phone, but totally computer and Web illiterate (!). She was not aware that not all computers are PCs, did not know what a navigator was and kept saying that "when the Web site does not work, it is the fault of the ISP" (actually she did not use the word ISP, but a metaphore I can't remember). She said she heard about "things" that are to be "cleaned" because they get "dirty" and finally I understood that I should try emptying the cache. And surprise! Asking for the Barcelona promo would no longer crash Safari.

Last edited by albireo; Aug 7, 2005 at 2:57 pm
Old Aug 7, 2005, 12:57 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver, Vietnam Airlines Lotusmiles Platinum
Please

Originally Posted by albireo
I called the Web support number for that -- nice and patient lady on the phone, but totally computer and Web illiterate (!). She was not aware that not all computers are PCs, did not know what a navigator was and kept saying that "when the Web site does not work, it is the fault of the ISP" (of course she used a metaphor for ISP). She said she heard about "things" that are to be "cleaned" because they get "dirty" and finally I understood that I should try emptying the cache. And surprise! Asking for the Barcelona promo would no longer crash Safari.
Please tell me this is a joke.
Please, Please, Pretty Please.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.