Community
Wiki Posts
Search

FAQ 5A1 - Paris CDG Airport FAQ

Search this Thread

Old Nov 30, 2007, 12:00 pm

Programs: AA Exec Plat, United Plat
What's the chance I can make this connection at CDG?

Arrive from OSL at 9:20am on a Friday (Terminal 2D according to my TA)
Depart to IAH at 10:20am (Terminal 2E)

I'll be in business class if that makes any difference

Many thanks!!
Old Nov 30, 2007, 12:20 pm
Moderator: Flying Blue (Air France & KLM), France and TravelBuzz!

Location: Paris, France, AF F+ Rouge pour toujours, Flying Blue whatever, LH FTL, HHonors Gold, formerly proud SCC Executive, now IC Ambassador, BA down to nobody, Grand Voyageur Le Club
Originally Posted by GenevaFlyer
Hi all,

I don't believe that there is an airside bus to 2D (nor to 2F1) due to the fact that it is a Schengen terminal. You need to enter France/Schengen before using that terminal.

For 2F1, you can use the bus to 2F2 and pass immigration there, but that does not work for 2D.

Cheers,

GenevaFlyer
Actually there is a dedicated transfer bus from 2D to 2E (main building and S3) that operates in the morning, until after the peak departures time for the US bound flights. Kudos to AF & ADP for this elegant and effective solution ^.
Old Nov 30, 2007, 12:21 pm
Moderator: Flying Blue (Air France & KLM), France and TravelBuzz!

Location: Paris, France, AF F+ Rouge pour toujours, Flying Blue whatever, LH FTL, HHonors Gold, formerly proud SCC Executive, now IC Ambassador, BA down to nobody, Grand Voyageur Le Club
Originally Posted by WineIsGood
What's the chance I can make this connection at CDG?

Arrive from OSL at 9:20am on a Friday (Terminal 2D according to my TA)
Depart to IAH at 10:20am (Terminal 2E)

I'll be in business class if that makes any difference

Many thanks!!
It's tight, but if your incoming flight is on time, the 2D to 2E transfer bus should help a lot.
Old Nov 30, 2007, 12:40 pm

Programs: AA Exec Plat, United Plat
Originally Posted by JOUY31
It's tight, but if your incoming flight is on time, the 2D to 2E transfer bus should help a lot.
Merci jouy31! I'll make sure to wear my running shoes in case
Old Dec 1, 2007, 2:51 am

Programs: AF F+, KLM FD, SAS EB, Malmo Aviation Bonus
Worried about transfer

I am a bit worried about the transfer I have at CDG on Tuesday December 11.

I arrive from GOT at 3:00pm (terminal 2F),
I depart to LAX at 4:30pm (terminal 2E).

What are the odds?
Old Dec 1, 2007, 9:23 am

Programs: BAEC QF
Originally Posted by santamonica
I am a bit worried about the transfer I have at CDG on Tuesday December 11.

I arrive from GOT at 3:00pm (terminal 2F),
I depart to LAX at 4:30pm (terminal 2E).

What are the odds?
Santamonica, from researching this entire thread myself, I think your chances are pretty good. I don't know the specifics of where your flight will come in, but if it DOES come in to 2F, look for the "correspondances / transfer" signs, and take the airside shuttle bus from terminal 2F to 2E. I believe it's the very first stop, only takes 5 mins. Inside terminal 2E, there are 3 possible departure areas; you will need to check a Departures board to see which gate your flight to LAX is from.
- gates E54 to E76 (satellite S3) : take the automated shuttle train (LISA) that runs every 2 mins and takes 45 seconds to get to the new S3 section. When you get out of the train at the far end, take the escalator UP to the departure level, where you will go through security checks.

Alternatively,
- gates E80 to E87 (remote boarding area, satellite H), take the bus to reach this satellite, which has its own AF lounge and duty free shops.
- gates E9x (boarding area alongside 2E's main building): you need to walk about 5mins to reach this boarding area; you should use the the duty free shops that are located in 2E's main building before walking to this boarding area.

Hopefully somebody else can confirm all this!!
Old Dec 7, 2007, 12:12 pm

Programs: BAEC QF
I have just noticed, on the AF website there is a sort of interactive "Transfers" / "Transit" map that you can click on, enter where you are coming from and going to, and it then lays out which terminal you come in to, which terminal you will be departing from, and how to get from one to the other. It would appear that there are 2 stops for Terminal 2E, and that you have to check which gate your flight is departing from BEFORE you board the airside shuttle. It looks like there is a separate stop for the new S3 terminal, so you do not need to take the automated shuttle train (LISA) out to S3, you can get straight into S3 from the appropriate airside shuttle stop.

Hope this helps.
Old Dec 13, 2007, 5:03 pm

Iah-cdg-mad

Hi, there.

I'll be flying IAH-CDG-MAD on AF in a couple of weeks. My connection time is 55 minutes. Is it doable? I'll be flying Business Class.

I'm somewhat worried, as I have to pick-up my bag at MAD and then get in the check-in line for the flight to my final destination in Spain (it's on a different ticket), so if I miss my connection at CDG, I'd really be in trouble once I get to MAD.
Old Dec 13, 2007, 9:57 pm

I've timed this several times: Traveling long haul in C, from the moment the plane doors open, then being bussed to 2E, afterwards walking over on a fast pace, it never, ever, took more than 30 minutes to arrive at the gate in 2D. And there are several things that may make it faster exercise, such as a potential arrival (docking) at 2F, the new Access #1 way through security, etc. But, on the other hand, if you're only 30 min. late, adios connection in MAD...
Old Dec 18, 2007, 2:21 pm

first time to CDG

Next week I'll be connecting for the first time ever through CDG. I'd appreciate some advice on how best to make my connection.

I arrive from ATL on Air France (probably Delta) into CDG 2E, and then I fly out to MAD from CDG 2F, with a 1:25 connection time.

How best to get from 2E to 2F? I've seen some of the postings about buses and LISA and the walkover, but I am confused, having never been to CDG before.

Thanks! This is a great forum.
Old Dec 25, 2007, 1:31 am

Hi,

and again a question about getting from Terminal 2D to 2E in no time. I am coming from Vienna and arrive at 9:30. My connection flight to SFO departs at 10:15.
In my oppionion this is not possible. I´ve read the thread and looked at the plans, but it is holiday season…

My first question: perhaps it is possible, any ideas or hints or something to make the connection?

Second question: I looked on the AF HP about flights going to SFO. There are only connection flights with a transfer in Cincinnati or Atlanta. Do I´ve to go trough immigration at these airports or in San Francisco? Because connections times are 1 hour and 50 minutes respectively 3h and 25 minutes and I think the procedure in US takes lot of time .

Sorry about my questions, but it´s my first intercontinental flight . Thx for help.
Old Dec 25, 2007, 1:28 pm

Your first question: Pray (for no delays into Paris) and run fast!
Your second question: Immigration in the US is always at the port of entry, thus, in your case, Cincinnati or Atlanta.
Old Dec 25, 2007, 7:43 pm

Hi,

thanks for your answers! In one hour the "journey" starts .
Hope someone at the airport will guide me through the Terminals or something.
Now I´ve a further question about my luggage, if I get a flight via Atlanta, what is with my luggage? Do I have to get it and check it in again?

Next time I´ll take a closer look at my reservation . I cannot understand why they set that short connection times.

Thanks a lot and let´s see if I make it ^
Old Dec 26, 2007, 1:32 am

Off topic (not CDG!) and may be too late; the answer is yes, you get through customs at the US port of entry. But you can usually get rid of your luggage before actually leaving the luggage area, no need to go to the check-in desk.
Old Jan 2, 2008, 7:15 pm

Programs: ,starwood gold, fairmont premier,Aeromexico Platino
Peak time at terminal 2E??

What is the peak time at this terminal?

I wil lbe flying LAX-CDG-PRG. My flight 65 arrives at 10>35 am connecting with 1982 to PRG at 1:15 pm from terminal B.

I will be doing this trip after the Zchec Republic will be part of the schengen zone. I guess this time i will have to do the passport control in CDG and not in PRG right??

Flying business class, do we have the fast lane(access no 1) for passport and security control??

Thanks for your help

Last edited by mitchdew; Jan 2, 2008 at 7:29 pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.