Community
Wiki Posts
Search

FAQ 5A1 - Paris CDG Airport FAQ

Search this Thread

Old Jul 20, 2007, 3:52 am

Programs: Air France Platinum - Qatar Airways Gold
E80. AF135 (BOM-CDG) arrived this morning at E67 (Satellite S3) about one hour ahead of schedule! ^ The same aircraft was due to fly again to BOM today as AF134 from gate E67. So for flights bound for India, sat H vs. sat S3 is a hit-and-miss affair (sat H last Monday, sat S3 today).
Old Jul 20, 2007, 3:54 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeMandarin Oriental Contributor Badge

Location: Seat 1A, Juice pretty much everywhere, Mucci des Coins Exotiques
I arrived at 2F yesterday and while walking out to Paris I saw what I think were new signs for a different route to 2D and 2E. The rest of the connections were through the normal route.
Old Jul 20, 2007, 12:39 pm

Programs: Flying Blue Silver, TK Miles&Smiles Elite
related to the post right above this one: when I went from 2D to 2E on Monday I saw some signs for 2E pointing in the opposite direction as I had expected - basically pointing into the direction I would have walked if I had wanted to get to 2A-C. I didn't bother to check it out and just walked the usual way over to the TGV station and on to 2E, but is there a new way of getting from 2D to 2E? new bus route or something? I'm asking because when you came up from the bus-deboarding next to D79, 2E was the only Terminal signposted to turn left - all the others (2A-C,F) were signposted the usual way through baggage claim.
Old Jul 20, 2007, 7:02 pm
Moderator: Flying Blue (Air France & KLM), France and TravelBuzz!

Location: Paris, France, AF F+ Rouge pour toujours, Flying Blue whatever, LH FTL, HHonors Gold, formerly proud SCC Executive, now IC Ambassador, BA down to nobody, Grand Voyageur Le Club
Originally Posted by haggis79
related to the post right above this one: when I went from 2D to 2E on Monday I saw some signs for 2E pointing in the opposite direction as I had expected - basically pointing into the direction I would have walked if I had wanted to get to 2A-C. I didn't bother to check it out and just walked the usual way over to the TGV station and on to 2E, but is there a new way of getting from 2D to 2E? new bus route or something? I'm asking because when you came up from the bus-deboarding next to D79, 2E was the only Terminal signposted to turn left - all the others (2A-C,F) were signposted the usual way through baggage claim.
Interesting development, in light of GenevaFlyer's experience:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/showp...6&postcount=80

Another small improvement to AF ops in CDG ^
Old Jul 20, 2007, 8:28 pm

Programs: A number, but no status no more
Hi all,

Just to clarify, you can also use this bus for the international section of 2F (2F2). It definitely is worth using the bus, as you avoid the longer passport control queues at 2E and 2F.

The bus has 3 stops:
- 2E for the bus gates and the H satellite
- the S3 terminal
- 2F2

Cheers,

GenevaFlyer
Old Jul 20, 2007, 10:31 pm

Programs: Flying Blue Silver, TK Miles&Smiles Elite
Originally Posted by GenevaFlyer
Hi all,

Just to clarify, you can also use this bus for the international section of 2F (2F2). It definitely is worth using the bus, as you avoid the longer passport control queues at 2E and 2F.

The bus has 3 stops:
- 2E for the bus gates and the H satellite
- the S3 terminal
- 2F2

Cheers,

GenevaFlyer
nice ^

where exactly does the bus leave? And do you happen to know if it also works the other way 'round (arriving at 2E or S3, leaving from 2D)?
Old Jul 21, 2007, 5:14 am

Hi haggis,

When you come out of 2D, there will be a sign indicating 2E in the direction of 2A/B. It will lead to an elevator and escalator going down. You then arrive in a passport control area, followed by a waiting area for the bus.

I did not see any signs for a return trip, so I don't think it's available, but I have no way to tell for the time being.

Cheers,

GenevaFlyer
Old Jul 23, 2007, 3:07 am

Location: Paris, France, AF F+ Rouge pour toujours, Flying Blue whatever, LH FTL, HHonors Gold, formerly proud SCC Executive, now IC Ambassador, BA down to nobody, Grand Voyageur Le Club
Update from pinkcity

One member of the Benkay/Angelina mini-Do gang, pinkcity, asked me to post the following, as he will not have access to FT the next 20 days.

Flying from TLS to India this morning, he had a 2F1-2E 1h45 connection, which was actually reduced to 45mn as his flight from TLS was ... one hour late.

He actually made it from 2F1 to 2E (gate E86 in satellite H) in ... 33mn, including security check, immigration check and bus ... Acces n°1 (elite and premium pax fast track lines) worked like a charm. He is just a little bit worried about his checked baggage ...

Hope everything works out for him and that he enjoys his flights
Old Jul 23, 2007, 5:54 am

Programs: BA Gold, BMI Gold, One Pass Platinum, Hilton Diamond, SPG Platinum
2F lounges

Thanks in advance to anyone who answers:

I have 4 questions -

1 - Flying EDI - CDG - DXB beginning September - what should I expect at CDG as Flying AF and should arrive in a leave from 2F?

2 - Lounges - I beleive there are 2 Skyteam lounges in 2F - one shuts at 22hrs and the other midnight - as Platinum Elite Plus with One Pass can I use both lounges?

3 - Baggage allowance - flying Y so do I get enhanced luggage allowance on EDI - CDG with city jet - this will determine if I get enhanced allowance CDG - DXB.

4 - Chances of upgrade for Elite Plus if a few C/D/I showing on day?

thanks again

B
Old Jul 23, 2007, 6:50 am

Originally Posted by evanscarrick
Thanks in advance to anyone who answers:

I have 4 questions -

1 - Flying EDI - CDG - DXB beginning September - what should I expect at CDG as Flying AF and should arrive in a leave from 2F?
- arrival at a remote stand and transfer by bus to the terminal, as the flight from EDI is operated by a regional aircraft
- arrival and departures from 2F2, the non-Schengen pier in 2F; no immigration check, but a security check, required of all departing passengers;

2 - Lounges - I believe there are 2 Skyteam lounges in 2F - one shuts at 22hrs and the other midnight - as Platinum Elite Plus with One Pass can I use both lounges?
- actually there is only one lounge for each pier, 2F1, the Schengen pier, and 2F2. So, no choice. Food and wines are better in 2F2 as it is used mostly for long-haul flights (as well as flights to/from the UK)

3 - Baggage allowance - flying Y so do I get enhanced luggage allowance on EDI - CDG with city jet - this will determine if I get enhanced allowance CDG - DXB.
Increased baggage allowance is not a SkyTeam benefit, but is specific to each FFP. You might get lucky in EDI, and get the AF Plat increased baggage allowance (+ 20kg), but it is not a foregone conclusion.

4 - Chances of upgrade for Elite Plus if a few C/D/I showing on day?
thanks again
B
Having an operational upgrade requires that the Y cabin is overbooked. In that case, your chances would increase with both a higher SkyTeam status and a higher fare paid.

Enjoy your flights
Old Jul 23, 2007, 7:35 am

Programs: BA Gold, BMI Gold, One Pass Platinum, Hilton Diamond, SPG Platinum
Originally Posted by JOUY31
- arrival at a remote stand and transfer by bus to the terminal, as the flight from EDI is operated by a regional aircraft
- arrival and departures from 2F2, the non-Schengen pier in 2F; no immigration check, but a security check, required of all departing passengers;

- actually there is only one lounge for each pier, 2F1, the Schengen pier, and 2F2. So, no choice. Food and wines are better in 2F2 as it is used mostly for long-haul flights (as well as flights to/from the UK)

Increased baggage allowance is not a SkyTeam benefit, but is specific to each FFP. You might get lucky in EDI, and get the AF Plat increased baggage allowance (+ 20kg), but it is not a foregone conclusion.

Having an operational upgrade requires that the Y cabin is overbooked. In that case, your chances would increase with both a higher SkyTeam status and a higher fare paid.

Enjoy your flights
Thanks very much for the information - very useful - first time on Flyertalk so a great word of thanks making my experience very pleasant.

Can I ask you one quick question - the non-Schengen pier you mentioned - 2F2, is the lounge open until 10pm or 12? I would hope until 12 as the flight leaves just before midnight
Old Jul 23, 2007, 11:01 am

Originally Posted by evanscarrick
Thanks very much for the information - very useful - first time on Flyertalk so a great word of thanks making my experience very pleasant.

Can I ask you one quick question - the non-Schengen pier you mentioned - 2F2, is the lounge open until 10pm or 12? I would hope until 12 as the flight leaves just before midnight
It is indeed the one that closes just before midnight
Old Jul 25, 2007, 12:19 am

Programs: AS MVPG
2E -> 2B AF Int'l to OK Int'l possible in 65 minutes?

Hi all,

I know this is not recommended, but I am wondering if it is possible.

We are traveling JFK-CDG on AF007 and then continuing (nearly 7 hours later) on OK to PRG (OK761). We could take AF around 1PM, but are interested in trying OK. There is a flight that leaves for PRG at 09:55 (OK759) and I am wondering if it is possible to get from 2E to 2B in 65 minutes, considering this is int'l to int'l so no passport control if we can remain airside.

Thanks for your help.
Old Jul 27, 2007, 2:40 am

Originally Posted by haggis79
nice ^

where exactly does the bus leave? And do you happen to know if it also works the other way 'round (arriving at 2E or S3, leaving from 2D)?
Hi all,

Having just come back, I can also give you an update on the return trip. When you get off in S3, there are separate signs for terminals 2A, 2B, 2C and 2F.

For those terminals, there are two buses, 1 for terminal F, 1 for terminals A, B and C. The bus to 2F offloads you at the international part of 2F, saving you the immigration check if you are transferring to a non-Schengen destination. Going to a Schengen destination, you get to use the transfer immigration check in 2F, which is probably better than battling the one at 2E.

There is no bus to 2D, due to the fact that you need to go through immigration in all cases.

Cheers,

GenevaFlyer
Old Aug 11, 2007, 11:33 am

Programs: UA Plat, IHG Spire
Skyteam lounge in CDG 2E?

In a few weeks I am taking LHR-CDG-BKK and I am not that familiar with CDG. I arrive CDG at 16:10 in 2F, and leave 19:20 in 2E. I booked an earlier LHR-CDG flight to give more time for my connection, and assuming I have time, use the lounge facilities. I have now noted from other threads that there is only a business lounge in 2E, and I am travelling in Y, but as Elite+. Therefore my question is, what are my lounge options, as ideally I would like to have transferred terminals and any security before settling into a lounge?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.