Community
Wiki Posts
Search

www.airfrance.fr 5 euros fees and no answer from '[email protected]'

Search this Thread

Old May 2, 2005, 6:42 am
Original Poster

Programs: Skymiles GOLD, Frq +, Klm GOLD, Miles & More, Priority Club, Marriott Rewards, MilleMerci (Avis FR)
Talking www.airfrance.fr 5 euros fees and no answer from '[email protected]'

I wanted last thursday to book a national flight

03 JN ORY-RDZ
12 JN RDZ- ORY

and I discovered that, besides the 50 euros + 50 euros rate
there is a 56 euros or so for taxes (normal) PLUS a 5 euros booking fees.

That is the first time I am to pay a booking fee buying on their site.
So, I used the option to send an email directly to Air France on their site ('[email protected]') before deciding to buy on their web adress or in town.

I sent the message thursday 28 AP mid-day
I recieved a confirmation for having received my message friday 9:30 am.

And I am still waiting (probably for the rates to go up )

1/ Is this additional 5 euros fee new or usual now ?
(I mean: last time I booked was few months ago free of charge)

2/ Is cyber-airfrance email stucked in the snow somewhere ?

I am not even thinking at knowing in line the booking fare class
Old May 2, 2005, 6:49 am

Frais de service/Booking Fees

Hi Felis,

The "frais de service" are well documented on this web page.

http://www.airfrance.fr/cgi-bin/AF/F...cekedfnfdfnj.0
Old May 2, 2005, 7:24 am
TGV

Programs: FB Life Platinum
This subject was discussed in the following post, when these fees were introduced:
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=418457
Old May 2, 2005, 1:14 pm

Programs: Air France Platinum - Qatar Airways Gold
Originally Posted by felis
So, I used the option to send an email directly to Air France on their site ('[email protected]') before deciding to buy on their web adress or in town.
You're right, AF's website offers the possibility to "hold" your reservation, without paying, until midnight the following day. You then have to call their phone reservation center to pay for your ticket and get it issued. You are then charged with an additional 2 euros fee, that adds up to the now (in)famous service fees.

However, this option is not "e-mail processed" and you might have been misled by the persistent "contact us" button on their reservations pages.

I am quite sure that you did not actually book your flight with this e-mail.
Old May 3, 2005, 1:49 am
Original Poster

Programs: Skymiles GOLD, Frq +, Klm GOLD, Miles & More, Priority Club, Marriott Rewards, MilleMerci (Avis FR)
Flyertalker quicker than Air France

Originally Posted by TGV
This subject was discussed in the following post, when these fees were introduced:
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=418457
Thanks.
I got also finally the answer from cyber-Air France yesterday night after resending my question.

My conclusion is that the new fees are OK, but the rpesentation of the air-france site not easy to follow. I tried to get the information, but was not able to locate this page.

Thanks again.

Sorry not to havve found the other thread, I made a SEARCH on this forum, but did not get the right answer.
Old May 3, 2005, 2:02 am
Original Poster

I just wanted to get INFORMATONs from them

Originally Posted by Falco Peregrinus
You're right, AF's website offers the possibility to "hold" your reservation, without paying, until midnight the following day. You then have to call their phone reservation center to pay for your ticket and get it issued. You are then charged with an additional 2 euros fee, that adds up to the now (in)famous service fees....

I am quite sure that you did not actually book your flight with this e-mail.
As a matter of fact, I wanted to know more about these fees, by contacting 'directly' air france;

The result is catastrophic concerning Air France: no answer.
I needed to send again the same message as mentionned above to get finally an answer, which was acceptable.

I told them however that -even if this fees seems transparent and clearly explained to me now- I am rather surprised, as a person who is receving regular mails from Air France, not to have recieved any information concerning these changes concerning the fees.

Additionaly, but I did not mention that to Air France, the reservation tool still needs improvements, as I was still not able to book a multi-segment travel on their 'Reservation express'.

I am tired to read that reservation by Air France is only reservation express.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.