Community
Wiki Posts
Search

SIN - LHR L'Espace Affaires

Search this Thread

Old Oct 6, 2004, 5:40 pm
Original Poster

Programs: TG Platinum, SQ Gold, Gold - you're indestructable...
SIN - LHR L'Espace Affaires

Having never travelled Air France, can anyone help with a couple of specific quick questions?

Looking to fly biz class to SIN from LON in December. Best fare is with AF changing at CDG.

1. The flight shows as a 777-300 - are all 777-300's fitted with the new J seats - and if so will does this mean I get this metal on my flight?

2. What are the mileage upgrade costs in SkyTeam - can I buy J class and upgrade to F

3. Is the J class worth it (other options in J are Qatar and KLM in my price point)

4. The IFE - is it AVOD? And to sound stupid - will English films be dubbed or subtitled?

5. Catering - on a 12 hr flight in J is there a 'freedom menu' - as in VS - or even a 'raid the larder'?

6. Lounges at LHR and SIN - any good?

7. Are there bars are these planes?

8. Can I prebook seats? (wouldn't want to be in middle 3)

9. Sleepsuits in J?

Realise some of the Q's are a bit basic - but flts are on hold and would really appreciate any advice.

jx
Old Oct 7, 2004, 4:57 am
In Memoriam

Programs: I used to be Plat, but now I'm not. Now I'm just Gold. Lucky if I keep that.
Welcome to the AF board!

A good number of these questions can be answered in the FAQ in the sticky at the top of the forum.

Derek
AF Moderator
Old Oct 7, 2004, 11:05 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, M&M Senator
I'll try to answer a few of the items that aren't covered or aren't as obvious in the FAQ.
1. All 777-300s are NTC (New Travel Concept) which means the new seats in First and Biz.
2. You can only upgrade using Frequence Plus miles; Operational upgrades are given to Frequence Plus Red first and then F+ Blue (and, theoretically, then SkyTeam Elite Plus). Therefore, if you don't buy F, you won't fly F.
4. French films are often subtitled in English rather than dubbed but English films are dubbed in French.
5 & 7. On flights over 10.5 hours there is a self serve bar/buffet set up in each cabin. Fresh and dried fruit, finger sandwiches, cakes/cookies, drinks. Nothing substantial and nothing like "raid the larder," nor like the bar on VS. Two meals are served--if you don't want the full service (in courses) you can take the appetizer and cheese plate at once and skip the main course (and they're supposed to bring you your dessert, too). Not worth it in my opinion. Meals are served when they serve them, not at your leisure.
9. No sleep suits.
Hope that helps a bit.
Old Oct 7, 2004, 12:57 pm

Programs: DL PM, FB Plat, LH SEN, Amex Cent
Originally Posted by eefor jfp
Operational upgrades are given to Frequence Plus Red first and then F+ Blue (and, theoretically, then SkyTeam Elite Plus).
The "theoretical" case happend to me as Delta PM (=SkyTeam Elite Plus) last year in summer from NRT-CDG. The whole plane was overbooked, even business class with Japanese and I guess none of them was F+.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.