Community
Wiki Posts
Search

JFK - CDG L'Espace Affaires flight AF 9

Search this Thread

Old Jul 17, 2004, 7:19 pm
Original Poster

JFK - CDG L'Espace Affaires flight AF 9

I am considering this late 10:55 pm flight in Sept as the late hour will allow full days work prior. Plan travel in business. But does late takeoff alter meals and other services? Also would appreciate best seat recommendations as I can't find indication whether this 747 is 2 or 3 class aircraft

Thank you
Old Jul 18, 2004, 5:42 am

Programs: FB Gold; PC Plat.
The 22:50 flight departing from Montreal offers the same full dinner as earlier departing flights, plus a light breakfast before arrival. It should be the same for flights departing from JFK. On business class you can usually expect an edible meal with foie gras appetizer and decent wines/champagne.
Old Jul 18, 2004, 8:14 am

On the late flight, same food but accelerated service. Good quality. 3-class aircraft, business is quieter upstairs
Old Jul 18, 2004, 10:19 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold, M&M Senator
"Accelerated service" means that you get the cheese plate on the tray with your appetizer, only two choices on the menu for your main course, and quicker (almost rushed) service. The last time I took the flight about a third of the passengers went to sleep right away and skipped dinner. Breakfast seemed normal to me--choice of entree (eggs or pancakes) and hot bread basket (rolls/croissants/muffins) along with fruit, yoghurt, juice, etc. I actually think this is pretty similar to the last flight out of Atlanta (the 9:30ish departure).
Old Oct 23, 2004, 7:29 am

Programs: Flying Blue Ivory (never use it), CoOnepass, DeltaSkymiles, AAdvantage
i have taken AF 307 ATL-CDG 21:35 deparure

there was a full meal service onboard i guess AF 9 is the same
Old Nov 9, 2004, 11:30 am

Programs: DL PM MM
Originally Posted by Airfrancefan
i have taken AF 307 ATL-CDG 21:35 deparure

there was a full meal service onboard i guess AF 9 is the same
I am taking AF 307 in first class next week, and wondered if you can ask for "expedited" service, or do they serve the meal at their own pace?

I would like to eat quickly, and then try to get some sleep on the flat beds ^

Last edited by Dorlee; Nov 9, 2004 at 11:32 am
Old Nov 10, 2004, 8:26 am

Programs: Flying Blue Ivory (never use it), CoOnepass, DeltaSkymiles, AAdvantage
never been in F before but i think you can ask it
Old Nov 10, 2004, 10:36 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, M&M Senator
Originally Posted by Dorlee
I am taking AF 307 in first class next week, and wondered if you can ask for "expedited" service, or do they serve the meal at their own pace?

I would like to eat quickly, and then try to get some sleep on the flat beds ^
Truly expedited service in Biz means that you get the appetizer, the cheese plate and something small for dessert right away--no main course. I would assume first is the same. Seems a pity to skip the food and the wine just for an extra 30 minutes sleep on a nine hour flight but that's your call.
Old Nov 10, 2004, 10:44 am

Programs: DL PM MM
Originally Posted by eefor jfp
Truly expedited service in Biz means that you get the appetizer, the cheese plate and something small for dessert right away--no main course. I would assume first is the same. Seems a pity to skip the food and the wine just for an extra 30 minutes sleep on a nine hour flight but that's your call.
I definitely agree. When I've done it on DL flights, they don't eliminate any courses, but just bring it quickly.

Starting out in Florida around 6:00 P.M., and then changing planes in ATL after a layover, I will be ready for dinner.
Old Nov 10, 2004, 11:20 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Currently in Bloomington, IN, but Normally NYC, CDG, and even POZ or wherever FT takes me.
Programs: Northwest Airlines. MTA pay-per-ride Metrocard; zero-balance Oyster card.
I would not skip a course on AF. If the French can't pull off airline food, no one can.
Old Nov 10, 2004, 11:33 am
In Memoriam

Programs: I used to be Plat, but now I'm not. Now I'm just Gold. Lucky if I keep that.
Originally Posted by notsosmart
I would not skip a course on AF. If the French can't pull off airline food, no one can.
I'll drink to that (and I will tomorrow night on my flight in 4E), yippee!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.